UltiMaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Material Sync not working

Posted · Material Sync not working

I have an UMS5 and am trying to sync some new materials from Cura 5 to my printer. I have confirmed that my printer is on and connected via cloud to Digital Factory. I believe wifi is also enabled. The firewall is off. I start the sync process and it just sits here forever. Any suggestions for things to try?

image.thumb.png.5b5217e0ba97769988c9890e0ca4a016.png

Hey @kwakefield,

Ugh, sorry to see that you are stuck. 😞
    What material were you trying to sync/print with? 

I know it's been a while, did you figure out how to get the material you wanted on your printer?
    You can find more instructions to do so here: https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013137919-Synchronizing-material-profiles

If you encounter this again, can you share your log files with us?

You can find your log file here:

Windows: %APPDATA%\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log or usually C:\Users\\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log

MacOS: $USER/Library/Application Support/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log

Ubuntu/Linux: $USER/.local/share/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log

We can use that to prevent other users from encountering this again.
    Thank you 😄

Hi @MariMakes,

Thanks for your reply. No, I’ve not yet been able to sync/upload material profiles to the printer. I’ve installed the remote support plugin and am currently running the CPU profiling while syncing. So far it’s been running for … maybe 5 minutes or more. The MacOS activity monitor screenshot is attached.  It’s an Apple M1 macbook pro (13-inch, M1, 2020 with 16GB memory running Monterey 12.5.1)

How long is it supposed to take to sync one or two custom materials (one TPU and one PLA)

Screen Shot 2022-10-08 at 3.20.22 PM.png

I finally stopped the sync process. Attached is the log file. Hopefully something in there can help track down the issues. I did take a peek at the log and it looks like something (output device) is constantly timing out < shrug >

cura.log

Hey @kwakefield,

The Remote Support Plugin, does make your Cura slower, so I suggest to disable it once you are finished with it. 

Thanks for sharing your logs.
    I'll have someone from the team look at them. 👍