All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I don't know if this is right, but I've found that looking at it like this gets my head around "Infill". There is a block of infill that encompasses the entire build volume. Cura uses those portions that intersect a volume of the model where there should be infill. Consequently, the "mid-point" of the infill pattern is at the mid-point of the build plate. If you move that block to X0 Y25 (1/2 the model depth) I think you'll get what you want. Cura's "block of infill" will stay where it is, but you will force a different "intersection" with the model. GV Solid cube.3mf
  3. Today
  4. Hello! I have a problem with the infill settings of a solid cube. I have 0 top and bottom layers, wall counts -0, and infill set at 100%. The infill line directions are [90, 90]. However, I have an issue with the starting position of the infill line. After the first layer, the infill line starts from the middle (orange in the picture) of the print rather than starting from the edge. What can I change so that every infill line in each layer starts from the same position? I have attached my project file. Please give me some suggestions. Thank you. Solid cube.3mf
  5. Yes--that was it, Greg. It would've taken me forever to find that without your help. Thank you very much! In playing around with these support settings, it seems that the dependencies logic of Cura sometimes changes the outcome of enabling or changing selections based on the order the changes were performed The only way to achieve a desired outcome sometimes seems to require changing all support features back to their default settings and then starting over.
  6. When you set the support extruder to #1 it seems to turn off "Enable Support Interface" and that's why your other three options disappear. You will have to go back down and re-enable the interfaces and you should be OK.
  7. Your Cura is running in "Compatibility Mode" so other options aren't available. Whether it's in that mode because of an issue with your OpenGL version (on your video system), or because it is set that way in "Preferences / General" and the setting "Force Layer View Compatibility Mode" you will have to check. If the OpenGL driver is less than version 4.1 (I think) then you can't get out of compatibility mode.
  8. It seems to be enabled. This is a small model (the missing metal bushing in the bottom of one of my filament feeders) so it doesn't really benefit much from using extruder 1 for support but I'm using it to try out the concept. But this is what I get when I change the support extruder to #1 (before and after): See how only three of the original six Extruder entries remain? This used UM 3 is my first experience with dual extrusion. (I wanted a 2.85mm all open source machine.) I assembled a UMO kit in 2012, now highly modified and still running well! Thanks for your prompt reply, LePaul! Cal
  9. Hi, i am printing this print again (with better printer now) and still thinks its a amazing print! I've got 1 question about BN2. What would you sugget for the printing direction? Thanks in advance!
  10. I have a problem with the top layer of my print. I always get overextrusions on the left and right of the top layer. I have a 0.4mm nozzle, flow, esteps and distance to the print bed are calibrated. I have also tried many different settings, but none of them have helped.
  11. Thanks, Greg! I would like to do this with my UM 3, but when I enable the Support Interface and change "Support Extruder" from Extruder 2 to Extruder 1, all but two of the support options below it disappear. I suspect this is caused by the explanation/issue I see when I hover over the entries: "Affected by" "Support Extruder" Going back to the default Extruder 2, if I change the entries in a different order, I get "Affected by" "Is support material" I can never get the the full list of support fields populated with "Extruder 1", as in your example. Extruder1 has an AA .4 core and Ultimaker Nylon. Extruder2 has a BB .4 core and Ultimaker PVA Must I denote Ultimaker Nylon as a support material and/or AA .4 core as a support extruder somewhere?
  12. Hello... i'm using Cura V. 5.4.0 The question that i have is i want to enable "multiple" color scheme options on Cura. My meaning is in my Cura only shows Color Scheme: Line Type Doesn't show other options as: Material color, Speed and others.. Is there any option to enable this???
  13. Thank you for a comprehensive reply
  14. Hi, Thank you for the response. I put it at the center after assembling the feeder. I have tried it moving a few turns up but still it grinds, as mentioned in the initial post. Going through various posts I think the speed settings are too quick. Can you please check, I have attached the project file in the above post, or if you want any details, I shall gladly provide. once again, thank you for the prompt response.
  15. The feeder tension is set to the weakest pressure as shown in your photo above. Do you move it back to the center position after you re-assemble the feeder? Your symptom could exactly be explained by forgetting that step. Again - you do want it at the weakest setting while putting the back of the feeder back on. But then you want that "stick" to be half way down the slot. Not at the top as it is in this photo.
  16. No, they are referring to the "Extensions" menu in the menu "bar". The "Mesh Tools" plugin has an option to automatically scale STLs after loading them. After installing said plugin, see Extensions -> Mesh Tools -> Configure... -> Unit for files that don't specify a unit.
  17. Hi. Thank you for the prompt response. 1. Please find attached the photos. I had over 10 failed attempts so the pictures are from various attempts. With the latest settings, the bite marks/grinding are not very deep, however, the printing will stop every a few minutes. 2. I am using only one extruder, the one that comes with the Ultimaker 5s. The filament is PLA Tough White/black 2.85mm. 3. Thanks for clarifying about the retractions, I just read it in another post in the community and followed. 4. The front fan works fine. I've checked. I have included some pictures of failed attempts. The bottom one-to-a-few layers print fine sometimes, before it starts giving errors or messes up everything. Please find attached the recent project file too. I turned off the sensor to have a go, some of the lines are too thin, and some lines remained incomplete (marked light blue in the picture). The top and bottom are mostly fine. simple van basic all straight.3mf
  18. Hi, I noticed this for 3th time now, not the same printfile, but on the same printer (UM3) I can’t find any explenation for this issue?? I happened, I made a new print file, happened again… confused… where should I start to look ??? The printhead comes forward about 2.5cm also knocking of my front door, so verry strange …..
  19. My answer was in response to a MacOS user. On MacOS, it is common for people to turn on that option to prevent a specific rendering issue in the layer view. If the "force layer view in compatibility mode" option is not set and you still get layer view in compatibility mode - as you do - then your computer is not giving Cura the OpenGL context Cura needs. To show the full layerview, Cura needs an OpenGL 4.1 context. It could be that your GPU does not support that, or you need to install another driver.
  20. Just changed Z Seam Position to Right and Seam Corner Preference to None. So yeah, definitely worth testing just either rotating the shoe (or manually entering different Z seam coordinates). I was getting all ready to joke about how you couldn't make one in my size. Then I looked up the build volume of your printer. You could probably pull that off. There's a whole lot of printers that wouldn't.
  21. Edit: Please go down ⬇️ to @ahoeben's post ⬇️ because whenever he corrects me, he's pretty much always right. (In my defence, I've never used Barbarian Units, because I don't live in the country that does) It's probably referring to the bar on the left where the move, rotate, scale, etc. tools live. As you can see, I have a few installed:
  22. Just hit CTRL+N or go to File > New Project to clear what's currently loaded.
  23. like the title says How to change files to print without exiting Cura ? If I DL a bunch of files to print I usually run them through Cura so to make sure theres no problems with the file . So each time I slice a new file & save it to go on to het next file to slice I have to exit the program & then restart before I can load a new file . Is there some setting I'm missing or is it hat just how it works ? thanks animal12
  24. Hi Slashee, and thanks for the reply! You are totally right in seeing a shoe in there. I can probably make you a shoe in your size. Look up FUSED footwear (and hit me up for a discount if you want). But I wouldn't just pass out my cad files, so the 3D model I shared is an approximation. How did you get the seam to be aligned like that? I can probably/maybe just rotate the shoe to a position where the seam is where I want it be. So it would be super helpful to know how!
  25. Mesmo com essa opção selecionada (ou não), nada mudou, continua sem a barra horizontal. Teria alguma outra solução?
  1. Load more activity