Marrit

Cura 15.10 Open Beta

Posted · Cura 15.10 Open Beta

I just tried it with the 15.10 branch (which includes changes that are not in 15.09.81 yet) and it works correctly there. It also shows support correctly.

well, this is the beta

IHcxziM.png

and this is the same model in 15 04 2

4fQ3EAf.png

and my build time indicator is not really changing when I make changes to my model....

I'm using Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11 on a Macbook pro 2014 edition.

We're already aware of the fact that the touching buildplate support option is broken.

I'm running 15.09.81 on Windows 7 and all object transformations are broken. The build platform does not show the checkerboard pattern (see attached image). What debug information should I provide so that this problem could be adressed?cura.thumb.png.7ab96e4a69a241868e67124653f23dae.png

cura.thumb.png.7ab96e4a69a241868e67124653f23dae.png

Hi, I just downloaded the beta version to see of the support "issues" from the official version was fixed. And I was happy to see that an object that I could not get proper support material on 15.04 worked perfect on the beta.

However, it seems to me that the program does an autoscale when importing objects that does not fit the buildplate, I have an object that I need to rotate to make it fit, I was a bit puzzled when the object was smaller then the original size when the print was finished.

I tried to search for some setting that said "auto fit", but could not find it.

If this is the case, one should at least get a warning.

15.09.82 craches immediately when opening a file:

Version: 15.09.82

Platform: Darwin-14.5.0-x86_64-i386-64bit

Qt: 5.4.2

PyQt: 5.4.2

Exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Applications/Cura 15.09.82.app/Contents/Resources/cura/plugins/CuraEngineBackend/CuraEngineBackend.py", line 158, in slice

File "UM/Settings/Profile.pyc", line 177, in hasErrorValue

File "UM/Logger.pyc", line 27, in log

TypeError: not enough arguments for format string

Fixed it. It should only occur when you have invalid values in your profile though. Try loading a file with one of the default profiles.

crashes a lot. same message as above.

append every times after importing a profile and trying to open the setting.

also on exit the software is unable to save the settings.

ok, that worked, to get a file opened, but as soon a change is made, simple, like infill% or layerthicknes, the damned thing crashes..

Posted (edited) · Cura 15.10 Open Beta

It crashes with the same error? I've just tested the release and when a field is empty it crashes, or if there is an invalid numeral. I don't have all the build systems at home, so the earliest I can get a build up is on Monday.

Edited by Guest

Version: 15.09.82

Platform: Darwin-14.5.0-x86_64-i386-64bit

Qt: 5.4.2

PyQt: 5.4.2

Exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Applications/Cura 15.09.82.app/Contents/Resources/cura/plugins/CuraEngineBackend/CuraEngineBackend.py", line 158, in slice

File "UM/Settings/Profile.pyc", line 177, in hasErrorValue

File "UM/Logger.pyc", line 27, in log

TypeError: not enough arguments for format string

The new build is up. The logger issues should be fixed. Thanks for your patience!

The last build is stable on my PC.. The new option Enable Support Roof is very useful for my needs. Exporting the profiles doesn't work and two files are created, one empty xxx.curaprofile and a tmpxxx file.

The last build is stable on my PC.. The new option Enable Support Roof is very useful for my needs. Exporting the profiles doesn't work and two files are created, one empty xxx.curaprofile and a tmpxxx file.

I agree. Speed of slicing, subjectively, has increased two times. Lags while working significantly less. So far the only gripe is possible to consider the following: when you change the model in the layer view (I disabled support) slicing started, but processing layers not. Had to switch to solid and back, and after this, processing layers finally starts. .83 version gives hope that a worthy final release.<3

Is it possible to put the slicing on pause during the rotation of the object along the axes, and run it, for example, after the user has released the mouse button? Now any rotation of the object, even while holding the button starts the re-slicing, and the impression that clearing the heap is not going on at the time repeated start slicing. How realistic is it to introduce a time delay after the changes? For example half a second.

This shouldn't happen. Only a release of the mouse button should trigger a reslice. Could you post an issue on github? I'll have a look tomorrow.

This version only works with the default settings, changing any setting generates an 'unable to slice'

.dmg version

Could you post your logs? We've added a bunch of extra logging (which caused the issue in .82), so I should be able to find the issue there. I don't have any idea why it's failing now, as it slices just fine on my end.