Marrit

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted · Cura 15.10 Open Beta

The new UI looks quite nice. Only thing is that the visual color representation makes it very  difficult to view. Wish it has better color visual representation in future release.

Can you explain what you mean by "visual color representation"? What is it that CraftWare does better than Cura in this regard? Do you need more contrast? I'm currently working on a (hopefully final) rework, so input is appreciated.

CraftWare009.thumb.jpg.b1da3e5e4ae60c37cdce49d585d1472f.jpg

Yes, more background contrast would be nice. Current grey on white make it difficult to view, especially custom printer build platform stl files are difficult to view.

CraftWare has nice colors for gcode viewing, I'm attaching an image of what it looks like. Cura doesn't have to have same color representations, but something towards what CraftWare does would be great.

CraftWare009.thumb.jpg.b1da3e5e4ae60c37cdce49d585d1472f.jpg

I guess the actual colors are a case of personal taste, but I see what you mean about contrast with the buildplate. The legend for the layer view is a good idea worth "borrowing". Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully within the month. We're realizing some processes cause too much lag for a nice UX and some mechanisms are a bit counter intuitive. Also we found some new bugs.

We're polishing all such problems out right now.

Could be a month - maybe even two.

• Like 3

Posted (edited) · Cura 15.10 Open Beta

Looking forward to it - I've been printing using the Fuzzy Skin feature on a sport-fencing product, for excellent grip in the hand.

Edited by Guest

If you are feeling really adventurous you could always try to run it from source. I also expect that pretty soon we will have nightly builds so you can have cutting edge builds without the hassle of having to run it from source.

Nallath, you mentioned some time ago that in january there might be a release also incormporating dual extrusion support... do you have any news on this??

We have builds that have more support for dual extrusion, but we have quite big performance issues (especially on Windows). We have fixed the stability issues.

I don't think we will release with the current performance issues, so I expect it will be at least a month before we have a release.

@nallath,

For example an Elephant stl when I split get four pieces; head, body, front foots and rear foots. How can I print like this objects with more than two pieces in dual extrusion? Or should I use another software like Simplfy3d or Repetier-Host (Before I used Repetier-Host with Cura slicing engine but on another printer. I do not know about the UMO+ settings under the Repetier-Host.

How can I print like this objects with more than two pieces in dual extrusion?

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly, but the new Cura will support object grouping in combination with dual extrusion. You will also be able to tell every object what extruder needs to be used to print it.

• Like 1

Yes You understood right and gave nice answer is this Cura allready available now ? Because you answered my question really quick please answer me one more question. @neotko answered my topic because of an UMO+ with a Dual Extrusion Firmware what I prepared over a link and downloaded and installed. Is it okay or do you have somewhere any other Firmware.

Edited by Guest

We have builds that have more support for dual extrusion, but we have quite big performance issues (especially on Windows). We have fixed the stability issues.

I don't think we will release with the current performance issues, so I expect it will be at least a month before we have a release.

Good to hear - really waiting hard for it. Would be great to have a possibility to get a first view/trial despite the performance issues... Please keep us updated!

Is in Cura 15.09.83 or 15.09.85 any setting possibility to use dual extrusion. Because I can't find any setting option where dual head can be activated.

@niyoki; Its not in the 15.09.xx builds yet I believe.

I will share the builds as soon as possible. I expect we will have a "closed" beta first. If you send me an email / pm, I will check if we need more people for that.

@nallath I'd like to participate in the closed beta of the new Cura. I tried sending a message on your profile but I'm getting a "403 FORBIDDEN".

Try it now that you are activated.

Thanks gr5.

Hey I'm not sure if this was discussed before, but would it be possible with Cura to change the infill percentage at different height?

I know TweakAtZ provides this sort of features but not for infill at my knowledge, maybe it's planned for the new Cura?

I can see it very helpful to provide better strength on some part of the design without wasting too much plastic overall, and having quicker prints.

I found this video that explains how it's useful with S3D:

Edited by Guest

The new Cura supports profiles per object. Changing the infill density on a certain height is not possible (unless you cut up the object into multiple and give each object a different set of settings)

The tweak at Z plugin is just a post processing plugin, so changing infill is not possible.

The new Cura supports profiles per object. Changing the infill density on a certain height is not possible (unless you cut up the object into multiple and give each object a different set of settings)

The tweak at Z plugin is just a post processing plugin, so changing infill is not possible.

Multiple infill percentages. Who need this? Marketing gag. Other Point what everybody talks about is "you can create your own supports" for newbee no go. Cura is the best beginner and intermediate user tool. I'm waiting for a more beginner friendly Cura, old gui was way better to use and understand for beginners. Please do not Forget "less is more than enough". I like Cura because everytime when I print something gets better, better, better...Before I Forget print Fails using Cura is less then 1 percent, yes unbelievable...

Multiple infill percentages. Who need this? Marketing gag.

Me and i hate the marketing ;)

Under my nickname stays "Cura Commander". I must protect Cura :)

• Like 1

Thanks gr5.

Hey I'm not sure if this was discussed before, but would it be possible with Cura to change the infill percentage at different height?

I know TweakAtZ provides this sort of features but not for infill at my knowledge, maybe it's planned for the new Cura?

I can see it very helpful to provide better strength on some part of the design without wasting too much plastic overall, and having quicker prints.

I found this video that explains how it's useful with S3D:

You could do this with the swap at Z plugin in the legacy cura