Jasu

How to control whether multiple objects are printed all at once or one by one?

Posted · How to control whether multiple objects are printed all at once or one by one?

When I multiply models they are printed sequentially or together seemingly randomly but I cannot find where to define this. It causes me a lot of trouble, since sequential printing is a must for flexible filaments.

I saw gr5's suggestion of setting the gantry height to 0 but this is a tip intended to force all copies to be printed at once.

I have 2 small spheres (see gcode) that I want to print sequentially. Where do you to set this.

5a3319d940ab9_printorder.png.150d89fa7f75711e253bf124eaef4ac4.png

5a3319d940ab9_printorder.png.150d89fa7f75711e253bf124eaef4ac4.png

Posted (edited) · How to control whether multiple objects are printed all at once or one by one?

In Cura under Tools check "Print one at a time" instead of "Print all at once"

This is influenceed by the height of your print. If objects are too tall then this option may not be available.

edit - assuming you are using Cura that is.....

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Posted · How to control whether multiple objects are printed all at once or one by one?

In addition to what skinny-kid said, I've found that sometimes you need to nudge one or two of the copies to make it re-slice properly when you change that option.

• Like 1

Thanks for the pointer, Skinny. Should have spotted that myself. I'm posting a screenshot for those other newbies who don't find that right away.5a3319e37aaa8_allatoncevsoneatatime.thumb.png.f2a294f4aa17298e311e662f4faf3a2b.png

In cura 2.1 this is done by changing the "print sequence" setting

We just downloaded 3.0.3 and I don't see the Tools Tab on the menu bar. Any help is appreciated.

5a334089c861e_Curaandmissingtooltab.thumb.PNG.3bdc7b8520a884616cc01aa03e996d6c.PNG

looking for print order settings. its normally there why is it gone? i hid all settings except for it for the screenshot but its not there when select all settings is selected either

Screenshot (73).png

One at a Time printing is not supported for multiextrusion printers.

7 hours ago, ahoeben said:

One at a Time printing is not supported for multiextrusion printers.

It will be in the next release; in that release you can disable unused extruders. So as long as you don't use both extruders, you can print one at a time.

• Thanks 1