How to control whether multiple objects are printed all at once or one by one?

Jasu

Posted · How to control whether multiple objects are printed all at once or one by one?

When I multiply models they are printed sequentially or together seemingly randomly but I cannot find where to define this. It causes me a lot of trouble, since sequential printing is a must for flexible filaments.

I saw gr5's suggestion of setting the gantry height to 0 but this is a tip intended to force all copies to be printed at once.

I have 2 small spheres (see gcode) that I want to print sequentially. Where do you to set this.

5a3319d940ab9_printorder.png.150d89fa7f75711e253bf124eaef4ac4.png

5a3319d940ab9_printorder.png.150d89fa7f75711e253bf124eaef4ac4.png

Posted (edited) · How to control whether multiple objects are printed all at once or one by one?

In Cura under Tools check "Print one at a time" instead of "Print all at once"

This is influenceed by the height of your print. If objects are too tall then this option may not be available.

edit - assuming you are using Cura that is.....

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Posted · How to control whether multiple objects are printed all at once or one by one?

In addition to what skinny-kid said, I've found that sometimes you need to nudge one or two of the copies to make it re-slice properly when you change that option.

• Like 1

Thanks for the pointer, Skinny. Should have spotted that myself. I'm posting a screenshot for those other newbies who don't find that right away.5a3319e37aaa8_allatoncevsoneatatime.thumb.png.f2a294f4aa17298e311e662f4faf3a2b.png

• 1 year later...

looking for print order settings. its normally there why is it gone? i hid all settings except for it for the screenshot but its not there when select all settings is selected either

Screenshot (73).png

One at a Time printing is not supported for multiextrusion printers.

7 hours ago, ahoeben said:

One at a Time printing is not supported for multiextrusion printers.

It will be in the next release; in that release you can disable unused extruders. So as long as you don't use both extruders, you can print one at a time.

• Thanks 1

I was looking at this post and I am using Cura 15.04.6 and under tools it does have the print on at a time option but when I select it and then load it on my JGAroura A5S it doesn't do anything It still printed all at once. Is there other setting that need to be changed also?

Thanks Binderchk

15.04.6!!! Nice!  That's a good version!  From 2015.  I remember it well.  Well go into machine settings and set gantry height to something taller than your prints and set the 4 distances (something like left/right/top/bottom) - the 4 distances from the nozzle to the edge of your head - to the actual values and make sure your parts are farther apart then those distances indicate (cura will extend the shadow of the part based on those 4 numbers).

Then it will indeed do "one at a time".  You can use the scroller to see that it prints all of one part before starting the second part.  No need to actually turn on the printer to know if it worked.

Wait are you really using cura 15 with an S5?  You will need to use a newer version of cura if you are printing on an S5 but the instructions are basically the same except your parts need to be *shorter* than the gantry height in device settings.