Ultimaker Cura 3 | Beta

SandervG

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3 | Beta

Ah, confusion - there is a new slider in the UI that adjusts the infill density but I think that @darkdvd is referring to the feature that allows you to move (aka slide) the infill WRT the part's origin. As I mentioned above, the work is done, it's in the master branch but it isn't in 3.0. It's out of my hands.

• Like 1

See recommended mode

Could you please add some details to your response?

You ask the community for feedback but when we ask questions, we are left with vague responses like this.

Perfect, thank you for that!

• Like 1

Hi, the infill offset feature is in the master branch but doesn't appear to be in 3.0. A Cura dev will need to answer the question as to why it isn't in 3.0.

Damn, this is from my point of view the most interesting feature...

@nallath, @ghostkeeper, any idea if it will come at 3.0 final?

• Like 1

Hooray - Sequential printing works again...

what about "Infill Shift" feature ? @nallath ? @ghostkeeper ?

Hi, the infill offset feature is in the master branch but doesn't appear to be in 3.0. A Cura dev will need to answer the question as to why it isn't in 3.0.

Unfortunately this has to wait for 3.1 (probably in Dec)

Unfortunately this has to wait for 3.1 (probably in Dec)

:O

Version 3 should introduce new features and version 3.1 patches?

:p

Version 3.1 introduces new features. Version 3.0.2 has patches.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 3 | Beta
    :D Edited by Guest

Hiya,

I have found the window a bit over filled. I am not sure what happened but I would like to see more room for the settings so I can see more in one go.

here is something that I threw together as an idea.

hope this is something others like and is possible.

using the Cura logo as a fly out for the main menu features and the layer control panel in layer view to be free floating or something that could be minimised with only the slider visible.

5a33400e88aee_Cura3.0.thumb.jpg.ffa73efbb687b2b249c7d140f2cb005b.jpg

5a33400e88aee_Cura3.0.thumb.jpg.ffa73efbb687b2b249c7d140f2cb005b.jpg

Edited by Guest

please PLEASE PLLLLEEAAASSEEE . make some kinda visual difference in both name and icon between versions.. you guys are awesome at updating super fast and all but the new version keeps wanting to overwrite the old because of the name when you go to install. yes I can rename them , but then most people don't even know how and with major updates pretty much everyone is going to want to keep both at least in the beginning. also the icons are all the same, so it's near impossible to tell which one I'm going to open with out doing the "get info" or just opening it and quitting if it's the wrong one. Which one is which? 5a334010041a9_ScreenShot2017-10-15at6_30_15AM.png.cb18d3df6acf7874e37b6bf3c3a5c172.png

5a334010041a9_ScreenShot2017-10-15at6_30_15AM.png.cb18d3df6acf7874e37b6bf3c3a5c172.png

• Like 1

please PLEASE PLLLLEEAAASSEEE .

Hmm interesting, why do you want to keep multiple versions on your computer?

because they are "beta"  and even often after full release there are often issues un seen till the multitudes get a copy and investigate all the deep cracks.  Like anything I never rely on the newest version, play with it, but rely on the last known stable version.. I do this with computer, phones, and most other regularly updating items, especially software.  It's kinda common sense when dealing with Beta and new versions of things.

Edited by Guest

because they are "beta"  and even often after full release there are often issues un seen till the multitudes get a copy and investigate all the deep cracks.  Like anything I never rely on the newest version, play with it, but rely on the last known stable version.. I do this with computer, phones, and most other regularly updating items, especially software.  It's kinda common sense when dealing with Beta and new versions of things.

As a professional QA tester and validation engineer (day job), I concur. This is especially useful when trying to find some of the 'new features' that appear to be semi-hidden, or when comparing improvements to performance, etc.

Unfortunately, I only have a few hours a week to dedicate to this hobby, and only a couple of printers (so far), otherwise I would put more of my skills into testing the releases instead of just printing skulls and baby groot.

• Like 1

Ok thanks, so a 'beta' through the icon for a beta would help you guys?

• Like 2

I think having new functions is more important than having an icon to distinguish one version of another, especially for a beta.

I have found that on win 10, the version number is on the icon.

• Like 1

Ok thanks, so a 'beta' through the icon for a beta would help you guys?

ya . or anything like that.. it's stupid simple to do.. (at least on Mac) I did it.. issue is I have to install it 1st .. but the icon.icns file is easy to just paste a number into the 5 or 6 images.... 5a3340126b27f_ScreenShot2017-10-15at9_28_05PM.png.ee0a2bdb2a61b683e44dd0d055c8532a.png makes identifiying version much easier.. again . would like at least something between versions even after beta as it's awhile before many will fully rely on the new one and still use older stable version for "important " printing.

5a3340126b27f_ScreenShot2017-10-15at9_28_05PM.png.ee0a2bdb2a61b683e44dd0d055c8532a.png

hiya,

as you can see here, they are seperated between the version.

5a334015e8099_versionno.thumb.jpg.893ed0c7ff520d78bb2317068f7486ef.jpg

5a334015e8099_versionno.thumb.jpg.893ed0c7ff520d78bb2317068f7486ef.jpg