cura generated gcode

DieterB

Posted · cura generated gcode

Hi,

a part of the generated gcode of cura  always contains

M190 S65

M104 S210
M109 S210

for my used heatbed and extruder temperatures.

Is there any way to change the sequence to

M104 S210

M190 S65
M109 S210

in the settings?

It would speed up the preheating phase. Thanks in advance for an answer.

Which version of cura?  For which printer?  This sounds like a custom printer so you can mess with the "start" gcodes in the machine settings.  You can change these to whatever you want and cura will remember.

Thanks for your reply. 

The commands I'm talking about is part of the gcode which is generated previous to my start gcode:

;FLAVOR:RepRap
    ;TIME:906
    ;Filament used: 0.566464m
    ;Layer height: 0.2
    ;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 3.1.0
    T0
    M190 S65
    M104 S210
    M109 S210
    M82 ; absolute extrusion mode
    ;StartGCode defined for Marlin 1.1.6 DB version 20171210
    G21           ;metric values
    G90           ;absolute positioning
    M82           ;set extruder to absolute mode
    M107          ;start with the fan off
    G28 X Y  Z    ;move XYZ to min endstops
    G1 F1800      ;set speed to 50mm/s
    G1 X0 Y0      ;move to A8 heatbed-zero
    G1 Z15 F3600  ;move extruder up
    G92 E0        ;zero the extruded length
    G1 F600 E3    ;extrude 3mm of feed stock
    G92 E0        ;zero the extruded length again
    M117 Drucke...

I'm looking for an idea to change the sequence of M190, M104 and M109.

And if you use an Ultimaker2 you have to change the default "UltiGcode" to reprap mode and you can also set custom start and end codes.

About what you are trying to do, you heat up your nozzle to full temp and it will sit there waiting for the bed to heat, in the meantime potentially cooking the PLA in your nozzle.....  I think the saved time is limited, but if I would do a thing like this I would not bring the nozzle to full printing temperature.

Posted (edited) · cura generated gcode

I manually start my print bed heating; when 5 degrees from target I start my extruder heating; when target reached and stabilised I run my g-code, can you not do that on your printer?

Edited by yellowshark

@ultiarjan:

At the moment I'm changing the generated gcode manually to get the desired result. And I have no problems with cooking PLA or anything similar. My question was simply if there is a chance to tell or setup cura to generate the desired gcode. 

@yellowshark

At the beginning I have used manual preheating of heatbed and  extruder. After reaching setpoints close to the values used in cura I started the printing. But why doing something manually if technology could be used to generate an aquivalent result. I thought that someone knows something like a patch or a way for an automated postprocessing with .......

It seems that I have to accept that there is no way to change it. Nevertheless thanks for everyone for the comments.

Also I also recommend you minimize the pla cooking temp (although pla can take it for hours - still) by setting the bed to maybe 10 degrees below desired temp with the WAIT for temp method.  Then set the nozzle to desired temp (no waiting) and the bed to desired temp (with waiting) and finally the nozzle to desired temp (with waiting).

41 minutes ago, DieterB said:

My question was simply if there is a chance to tell or setup cura to generate the desired gcode.

If i understand you right, you want to use Custom Start Gcode (follow the link).

• Like 1

@tinkergnome:

Thanks, that is what I was looking for.

On 1/31/2018 at 11:14 PM, tinkergnome said:

If i understand you right, you want to use Custom Start Gcode (follow the link).

Any idea how you can prevent Cura from adding a forced temperature shutdown right after the custom end code where I'm trying to set the nozzle temp to a holding temp of 190ºC while I swap the flex plate for the next test print or product..?

Or can that only be removed manually..?

I put this:

M104 S190 ; set holding temp

but it's just putting this right after that:

M104 S0
      ;End of Gcode

😕

That last M104 may be there as a safety to insure that the hot end is indeed off. 

In Cura you can use the plugin "Search and Replace".  Have the search term "M104 S0" and the replace term "M104 S190".  That will change those last two shut-offs and keep the hot end on.

Be aware that as long as the plugin is active, ALL your gcode files would leave the hot end on.

Thanks GregValiant!

I'll try that.

Someone also mentioned the extension "Modify G-code", or is that the same thing?