Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Stefania Dinea

Ultimaker S5 - one material appears to be empty

Hello,

So I have this lovely issue with my new UMS5, as I am trying to print on it, it keeps popping up this warning and pauses my print:

- this error occurs both with native ultimaker materials and with other brands, 

- this error occurs both with flow sensor on and off

- this error is driving me crazy

- this error occurs with full rolls of filament

Any tips and tricks are welcomed

848476457_umissue.thumb.jpg.b0b47a142cb73a14d81caadbefa4353c.jpg

um issue.jpg

That does not look good. Can you check a few things to rule out some causes? Can you check if you're in the latest version of the firmware? We improved the end of filament detection a lot since the first launch. Also, has this always been the case with your S5, or did this behavior start recently?

• Thanks 1

@Wesley I only started using it recently (went of vacation day after I got it) - so the behaviour did start recently but it is like this technically from the beginning. I did not update the firmware on it since I can't connect it to the web (office policies) and last time I did that I turned mine into a brick (so I am a little sensitive to software updates) - How do I disable the filament detection?