S5 An error occurred while processing...Line nr=31869

BrianQueen

Posted · S5 An error occurred while processing...Line nr=31869

On 5 or 6 occasions I've had this error show up:

An error occurred while processing this print job. Line nr = 31869

I can't find this type of error in my S5 manual. Here's what I've found:

I can reprint the item with the same file and it works.

The error occurs anywhere in the print, sometimes near the start and other times at the end of a 20 hour print which wastes materials and time.

My dealer said format the USB drive that came with the Ultimaker and I did this and it worked but I don't believe its connected to formatting the USB drive.

I'm using the latest Cura program to slice.

It occurs up sporadically.

I want to do some long 50 hour prints but I can't have this error near the end. Any suggestions?

Brian

It may be related to the USB stick. Apparently, the printer can no longer access the file and read the next lines. If you want to be absolutely sure, you could also use another USB stick or print over the network.

OK, well this is a surprise given that I'm using the USB drive that came with the machine and the first 50 prints worked properly and I don't use that drive for anything else but 3D printing. All 50 or so of my first files were on the USB when my supplier told me to format it however the same problem occurred again later with 2 or 3 files on the drive. Of course if there's a problem with the USB drive itself then the number of files it contains is irrelevant.

I will try to print over my network more often except I keep loosing my network every other day so I'll have to solve that issue first.

OK, I need to ask about this again. Aside from printing over the network I tried a new USB drive and I had two failures in a row on this new USB drive. Why would I get the same type of error on a different USB drive? Doesn't this suggest the problem is not with the USB drive?

Brian

Hi,

I am getting the same error. It only started happening one on of our S5 pritners, and only after about 1yr of use. I am now getting an "error while processing. Line nr = xxx" once every 2 or 3 prints.

Things I've tried:

- reformatting USB stick.

- upgrading S5 firmware.

- different USB stick.

- re-slicing.

- upgrading/reinstalling cura.

This is critical for us as we are not allowed to put these devices on our hospital wifi networks.

Posted (edited) · S5 An error occurred while processing...Line nr=31869

Did you use "one at a time" mode in Cura?

Edited by Dim3nsioneer

On 6/21/2020 at 11:20 PM, lawrie said:

Hi,

I am getting the same error. It only started happening one on of our S5 pritners, and only after about 1yr of use. I am now getting an "error while processing. Line nr = xxx" once every 2 or 3 prints.

Things I've tried:

- reformatting USB stick.

- upgrading S5 firmware.

- different USB stick.

- re-slicing.

- upgrading/reinstalling cura.

This is critical for us as we are not allowed to put these devices on our hospital wifi networks.

Hi @lawrie, we're sorry to hear about this. I'll consult with our product experts and get back with you.

Hi @lawrie, it could also be that the error lies in the gcode you are running, if for example you have a custom made profile or material profile. Not likely, but it is also possible if you have any plugins installed. 

Could you try a gcode with a default profile and without any plugins installed, to see if it still persists? Hope this helps!

If it doesn't please share the logs of your printer (and possibly gcode) with us via this link

Thank you!

On 6/23/2020 at 8:52 PM, Dim3nsioneer said:

Did you use "one at a time" mode in Cura?

Is there a known problem with "one at a time" ? I am asking because I printed yesterday or tried to print some parts with the one at a time feature and got also the line error.

I can't give you a definitive answer as I'm not a dev. But it happened to me exactly the same way.

Thanks, then I think there is a bug in Cura, when we all have the same situation and error.

Posted (edited) · S5 An error occurred while processing...Line nr=31869

I think we still don't have much data about this because I've gotten files that should have this problem print fine, and it happens with network prints and UFP files as well.... I though we'd already see this via sentry but nope...  I'll add a way to log it to sentry, I think that's the only way to catch it in the act so to speak.  it'll take at-least 2 new version at the earliest to have a fix for this problem but maybe the fact that this is really hard to find/reproduce and it's being looked at helps a bit 😕

BTW we've started using a tool called sentry to collect data on crashes and exceptions like this.
    it's been super useful in finding things we never saw happen but were, clearly happening to a few people out there.... the first sentry inspired fixes were in the 5.7.3 release.

Edited by robinmdh
    explained sentry
    • Like 1
    • Thanks 2

Thanks @robinmdh!

I did a network print from latest Cura to the S3 and got that error. But then I clicked on reprint in DF and it was successful, so I don't believe there is something wrong with the gcode file, but who knows.

If there is anything I can help let me know....

And regarding sentry, yes a great tool, we use it as well in the company for our mobile apps.

• Like 1

@BrianQueen - I know it's been 18 months but what is the current status?  Does it only happen on "one at a time" jobs?

I had similar issues on my S5 recently. I completed a "one at a time" print overnight, and the next day was having this error at the start of almost every print (Line nr = 0, line nr = 43, line nr = 64).

NOTE: the overnight print only used 1 material (obviously). The other prints were using 2 materials, one on each extruder.

Looking through the profile settings, it "seems" the one at a time feature was selected, even without being activated, due to the fact that I was using both extruders. The only way I solved the problem was to rebuild a new profile from scratch. I have not experienced this issue since using the new profile.

I know someone with about 7 S5's and he has never used "one at a time" and never gotten this particular error.  Oh and all his printers are busy pretty much 24/7.

I think this bug somehow is related to "one at a time" mode but I can't imagine why that would make any difference.  "one at a time" isn't much different from the other modes.  I guess the way it calculates remaining time for the print job is different.  That's all I can think of.

It is difficult to speculate on this. A developer should take a look at this.

I do not use "one at a time". But I also have the bug.

line50888.jpg

The support is informed. In a month I might know more. FML

Update

The support has answered. Unfortunately he has little interest in finding the error.

Ticket (3052)

Guten Morgen,

der Fehler kann er einen fehlerhaften G-Code oder durch Probleme mit der Verbindung hervorgerufen werden.
    Wenn der Drucker über W-lan verbunden ist, kann es hier durch einen Verlust des Netzwerks zu der Fehlermeldung kommen.
    Wenn der Drucker über USB angesteuert wurde, kann hier entweder ein Fehler im Speicher des USBs vorliegen, oder auch hier wurde die Verbindung getrennt.
    Es kann außerdem beim Speichern oder Übertragen der Datei ein Fehler aufgetreten sein.

Ist der Fehler ein Einzelfall, oder kommt dieser öfter vor?

He writes that it is normal. Which I cannot confirm from experience.

I would be happy to help. I have the print file. Unfortunately, this is impossible via Ultimaker Support.

@robinmdh would the project file from UlrichC-DE help to learn more about this issue?

We've found a bug in the "print one at a time" feature if there was a preceding print, in that case only the footprint of the previous print is used, not the whole buildplate as it should have been, this was fixed in version 5.8.1

in that case there is also a workaround by turning the printer off before starting the one-at-a-time print.

We've further added error reporting to that warning (as well as a lot of other warnings). so that we can monitor occurrences and fix the issues.

• Thanks 1

Hello! I also discover the same issue on my Ultimaker S5 (early 2019) - Firmware 6.3.0 and Cura 4.8. It happens quite frequently, maybe 3 out of 10 prints. I feel it happens especially on larger print files - print job 10+h and I do not use "One at the time" print (since it was discussed above).

@robinmdh you stated that error reporting to that particular warning is available. How can I access this log file and can I actually read it or do I need Ultimaker Support on that?

In case it helps anyone, we solved this issue on one of our older S5 printers by performing the manual bed levelling procedure. presumably when the mesh bed level correction gets too big it can sometimes cause this "error in line nr ##" in the first layer (I was still getting this error using cura 4.12.1 & S5 firmware 6.5.3 until I adjusted the bed).

• Thanks 1

that is a super usefull bit of info, thanks @lawrie

@mmsg The data is shared with ultimaker directly via a developer tool called sentry (https://sentry.io) but ONLY IF you have allowed sharing of data with ultimaker (on the printer, Cura and the digital factory have saperte data sharing block options)