Material Station Lights

Cube3SGM

Posted · Material Station Lights

That feature is still planned, not implemented yet 😢

If you're super handy with telnet/programming and want to spend some time on it I could tell you where to look to make a work around but the technical expertise required is fairly high.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Hi

My poorly worded suggestion was aiming at *one* setting controlling all the lights. Once that's unified I can start ranting about the whole setup dimming down under certain conditions. ( print done and needs unload is one, nothing loaded for X hours would be another )

Bob

• Like 2

19 hours ago, uncle_bob said:

Hi

My poorly worded suggestion was aiming at *one* setting controlling all the lights. Once that's unified I can start ranting about the whole setup dimming down under certain conditions. ( print done and needs unload is one, nothing loaded for X hours would be another )

Bob

Something to look forward to 😉, before you get fancy ideas, I doubt the Material station will ever have any blinking or breathing effects, .

Posted (edited) · Material Station Lights
    On 1/3/2020 at 2:51 PM, Cube3SGM said:

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I am familiar with telnet and Arduino programming so I may have a chance!

Totally forgot to add instructions, but connect a telnet session to the printer's IP on port 42000

you'll get a whole bunch of data to start off which are all in the format of 

key\n

value\n

--- repeat --

after the initial full set of registers you'll keep getting all the changes.

you can set registers by sending "key=value\n", there are a whole bunch of led controller registers...

have fun.

But keep in mind this will be disabled in the future and will then only be available if you enable developer mode.

Edited by robinmdh

14 minutes ago, robinmdh said:

port 420000

I guess you have a typo, because 420000 > 65535 🙂 

2 hours ago, Smithy said:

I guess you have a typo, because 420000 > 65535 🙂 

yeah, one 0 too many.

fixed it above.

4 hours ago, robinmdh said:

Something to look forward to 😉, before you get fancy ideas, I doubt the Material station will ever have any blinking or breathing effects, .

Hi

...... and I was hoping for built in Disco .... 🙂

===========

Does the same port / same idea / same developer mode apply to the S5 and UM3? Simply put, can I shoot key / value combos at all of them and control the lights on the whole batch?  That and and random RPi would get me to the desired goal of turning everything down (or up) at the same time. 

Bob

On 1/30/2020 at 3:12 PM, uncle_bob said:

Does the same port / same idea / same developer mode apply to the S5 and UM3? Simply put, can I shoot key / value combos at all of them and control the lights on the whole batch?  That and and random RPi would get me to the desired goal of turning everything down (or up) at the same time.

yes, to idea, nope to the interface.

The telnet interface is an air-manager/material-station debugging tool only.

There are a few http API's though which do allow for led control of the printer AFAIK.

http://<your-printer-ip>/docs/api/#!/Printer/put_printer_led_brightness

You do need to use the authentication for that one. the attached file might help with authentication if you want to build that.

um3.zip

Hi

Ok, now if I just wasn't so darn LAZY ... 🙂

Bob

To the Ultimaker gods... please please enable the ability to turn the Material Station light off. This is my #1 requested "feature." After several months of it being listed as a future "feature" it's beginning to drive me a bit nuts. 

If there's a direct instruction on how to hack it through developer mode I'd take that as well. I'll even take the thing apart and just unplug the light via some documentation...

They never learn! I had this with all of the Ultimaker printers (2,3, S5), after several firmware updates they (UM guys) implement a possibility to dim the lights. Now it is there again on the material station.

Should be implemented from the start.

15 hours ago, RudydG said:

They never learn! I had this with all of the Ultimaker printers (2,3, S5), after several firmware updates they (UM guys) implement a possibility to dim the lights. Now it is there again on the material station.

Should be implemented from the start.

You say it's there again? Where? What's the menu path? I'm updated to the latest firmware I've been offered...  5.5.12-20200226-Ultibot 

Posted (edited) · Material Station Lights
    13 hours ago, redhatmatt said:

You say it's there again? Where? What's the menu path? I'm updated to the latest firmware I've been offered...  5.5.12-20200226-Ultibot 

@RudydG's saying the problem of not being able to turn off the light is there again.

I'm not sure about the UM2 and I don't think it was a problem for the S5 but for the UM3 it certainly was added a bit later on.

The only thing I can suggest is tell your resellers as well,  the more people request something the sooner it is made.

Edited by robinmdh
    • Like 1

Ah... I really regret setting up my new S5 pro bundle in my bedroom.
    Can we get a +1 on this feature? It's 10pm I have 6h left on this print and I cant sleep because I bought a $10,000 lamp I cant turn off apparently. going to tape some black trash-bags on the material station to try and get me through the night 😴

Is this still not fixed?? I don't understand this.

To be honest, the best implementation is the tinker firmware on my 2+. There i can set a timeout for the lights and the screen. 

Please Ultimaker fix this!

• Like 1

Come on guys - How hard could it be to implement a UI for this - unless you are using the same driverboard for the leds from the S5. 

This was also my first thought when I bought it a few days ago . At least you should be able to adjust the light to the setting in your s5 ...

This is ridiculous for a 3K device 

Kenny

• Like 1

We think it would be a great option to have control over the materials station light

• Like 1

Absolute +1 on the ability to control/dim lights on both the Material Station and an easier way to do the same on the S5.  I have a very practical reason:  I have video video cameras in my printing labs on the lights on my Pro Bundles prevent the cameras from going to night vision mode.  In other lab areas the camera are much better when in night vision mode.  I will probably work on a physical hack soon (tinting glass, installing blinds, or some other hack).

Posted on 20.12.2019 (two thousand and nineteen), on 25.12.2019 Team UM announced that this feature is still to come.

Now it's 22.08.2021 and the feature is still not working. Crazy. 

The lights on the Material Station should dim in parallel with the printer lights. If that is not the case please try a reset of the printer settings.

But there is indeed still no way to do this remotely.