s5 not producing prints

Jman15x

Posted · s5 not producing prints

My print jobs are "completing" in a matter of seconds.  When I send the job from cura to my ultimaker s5 pro bundle via Wi-Fi it starts to get ready for the print and then moments later it says "finishing". I do not get the print completion screen. I have tried printing different files, with other materials and by using a usb drive to import the file instead of the internet connection. I have also restarted both the printer and Cura to no avail . 

I would personally try a factory set on the printer.

To do this go to the printers menu and pick settings - settings - and reset both "reset all printer settings" & "reset digital factory".

If that don't work then maybe (If its able to be done) reinstalling the firmware might do the trick, hopefully someone here knows if this can be done and how to. But with luck doing the resets above will sort it.

1 minute ago, Jman15x said:

Will I have to recalibrate x and y offsets after?

I would say so yes, because it resets all settings, so better to do them again to be safe.

1 minute ago, Carla_Birch said:

I would say so yes, because it resets all settings, so better to do them again to be safe.

okay, thanks. I am trying reinstalling the firmware first it is actually pretty easy can be done right from the maintenance section. Will let you know if that works and if not I'll try the system reset 

Well none of those things helped it's still not printing 

Maybe @fbrc8-erin as come across this problem before that you are having and she might know of some things to try.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · s5 not producing prints

@SandervG do you know anyone that could help me with this? 

Edited by Jman15x

5 hours ago, Jman15x said:

do you know anyone that could help me with this?

Well, i'm not Sander... but i'll try to answer anyway... 🙂

The best and direct way is to ask your reseller for support.

Or browse to the official support page, "Submit a Request" (in the upper right corner) and they will contact you.

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us

If you want to ask the community here: it would be easier if you share the log files from your printer and a saved gcode file from your attempts. I don't own an S5, but there should be an option on the printer menu to save the log files to an USB drive.

Take sure that you use a recent Cura version and that the correct printer is configured in Cura. The S5 will not process files that are made for a different printer or sliced with Cura versions that are from too far back.
    The log file(s) will tell you the specific reason(s).

I had the same issue with my S5 and material station, but it was only related to one specific material. It turns out that some material was clogged inside the material station.

I would make sure that there is no material clogged somewhere along the feed line.

Hi, I have since 1 hour same Problem, wich wrote it in a new thread, didn’t see this treat here.

also I made a complete reset to default settings wich doesn’t, helped.

also second I reset cloud factory, nothing helpes.

also the xy calibration aboarts emedidetly and says finished.

oh man if he would run so fast in noral printing way 😂😂😂

Hi folks,

I've not a S5, but do have a S3.

Why not try to print whithout using the material station, just in order to see where the problem is.

The material station may signal, -"I cannot feed" for some reason.

I'll assume this will give an indication where the failure is.

Thanks

Torgeir

• Thanks 1

Hi Torgeit and good mornig all, 

i disabled the Material Station and now it works. without Material Station and without Air Manager it works.

So you think its an Problem with the Material Station???? or the connection of it ?

Hi @Desprinzla,

I'll suggest you go to this site, where you'll find a guide of how to download a log file(s) to the USB device.

Here:

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015583819-Save-log-files-to-USB

In this page, you'll also find a mail button (submit a request) for addressing your problem.

Thanks

Torgeir

• Like 1

Hi @Torgeir,

thanks i have done it already and send it to Ultimaker. As i know so far thers mor Problem with the Matirial Station wich i regognized.

lets see.

Thank you for help to keeps me on printing.

Thanks

Guido

👍

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards

Torgeir

• Thanks 1

´even though i had new Firmware i did update it with same 6.1.1 Firmware and it works. All solved

15 hours ago, Desprinzla said:

´even though i had new Firmware i did update it with same 6.1.1 Firmware and it works. All solved

I'm glad its working again for you now. My situation was similar, it started working again shortly after I updated it a second time. You would think if it was having some sort of feed error from the material station it would say that instead of just pretending the print is finished haha 

On 2/26/2021 at 4:32 PM, tinkergnome said:

Well, i'm not Sander... but i'll try to answer anyway... 🙂

The best and direct way is to ask your reseller for support.

Or browse to the official support page, "Submit a Request" (in the upper right corner) and they will contact you.

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us

If you want to ask the community here: it would be easier if you share the log files from your printer and a saved gcode file from your attempts. I don't own an S5, but there should be an option on the printer menu to save the log files to an USB drive.

Take sure that you use a recent Cura version and that the correct printer is configured in Cura. The S5 will not process files that are made for a different printer or sliced with Cura versions that are from too far back.
    The log file(s) will tell you the specific reason(s).

Does this help at all? I was fine for about a week but now I am having the same issue again. 

airmanager_data.log dmesg.log flow_UltimakerS5.log misp_data.log process_data.log sensor_data.log