Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

PVA breaks & gets stuck in Bowden Tube

Posted · PVA breaks & gets stuck in Bowden Tube

Hi,

I am fairly new to 3D Printing, and have so far done about 15 Prints with the Ultimaker. Every time I tried to print with PVA overnight, the next morning I found the Printer with Error ER61 and PVA stuck in the tubes. The Print finishes, but I have to clean out the pipes after every print which gets tedious. The used PVA is straight from the Package, so I don't think the material can be the Problem here.

Because the print finishes, I suppose the problem is with the Material station when rolling up the unused Material. Also, after the print the Material doesn't get properly spooled up back on the roll but rather goes everywhere into the Material station - I don't know if this is an unrelated Problem.

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Jakob

Btw the removed PVA has pressure points like seen in the picture, but also breaks in other places

IMG_3540.JPG

Problem still persists. I Upgraded to the newest firmware and the error changed to ER59, but the cause does not seem to have changed. No one any ideas on this?

Are you both using Print Core BB0.4 or BB0.8? Are the print cores clean inside?

Are the pipes and guides free from blaokage? I only ask because as a piece of PVA broke off on the underside of our machine (feed paths) underneath the material station and was causing NO end of problems......similar to what you're both having.

On 4/1/2021 at 11:38 AM, voxycon said:

Btw the removed PVA has pressure points like seen in the picture, but also breaks in other places

IMG_3540.JPG

That is grinding on the filament and can happen with any filament if the feeder is not properly adjusted. You can see that the grinding also creates raised areas that really make it difficult to move through the bowden tube. This then increases the likelihood of more grinding and can really make the filament hard to get out of the feeder or tube. I have even had to take the feeder apart to get the pieces that broke off, or just a lot of other debris that makes life much more difficult.

1 hour ago, Carbon said:

Are you both using Print Core BB0.4 or BB0.8? Are the print cores clean inside?

Are the pipes and guides free from blaokage? I only ask because as a piece of PVA broke off on the underside of our machine (feed paths) underneath the material station and was causing NO end of problems......similar to what you're both having.

This is solid on what to look for and do. 👍