material 1 feeding stops

Paramesh

Posted · material 1 feeding stops

Someone please help me, so far I have lost atleast 11 3D prints and a big waste of time.

material 1 feeding stops and the print head runs without any material, and thus the print is incomplete. the reason is shown in attached picture, the tube comes out or material flow stops,......

so far I have taken different steps to solve this

1. initially there was Tough PLA Black when this problem first seen, thought tough black has some problem, so changed to PLA blue. but on the new print also , the same problem occurred

2. checked outer tube end portion, thought may be a bit worn out, so I did cut that portion. but problem still continued

3. did reset on factory settings of the machine, but problem still continued

4. did calibration of build plate/glass, but problem still continued

5. continually monitored material flow right from easy of spool rotation, to print head, everything seems normal but still the material feeding stops as the tube comes out as shown in picture.

the only thing happened since yesterday is now the feeding stops every 5 mins and things have got more worsen. Not sure what to do. Request your sincere guidance on this issue please @Smithy, @GregValiant, @SandervG, @gr5, @Philler, @RogueWave

image.thumb.png.9c324ab7e405f9972d541a811d8c043a.png

The reason is probably the connector part (collet) in the feeder, where you put the Bowden tube in. There are very small blades which should grab into the Bowden tube to avoid that it can slip out. In your case it seems that these blades don't grad deep enough into your Bowden tube and that's the reason why it slips out during printing.

Contact your reseller to get a new collet, it is cheap and solves your problem.

In the meantime you can try to cut of 3mm of the Bowden tube that the blades can grad into fresh material. 

• Like 1

And please don't mention users in every post just to get a faster response. We are also fast at replying and it is rude to mention masses of users. You will only achieve the opposite, so please do not do that in the future. Thank you.

• Like 1

sure smithy will take care in future, and thank you for the response 

actually this Monday (Today) we have sales people coming from all over the world, they come to visit the plant yearly once, and during their visit they also visit our prototype building shop wherein they would see me printing some 3D prints.

that's the reason I was rushing to get answers from Ultimaker experts in last week. I just wanted everything to function normal during their visit. and hopefully it does happen

Thanks

Printing with PLA for a demonstration is a good thing.

Ultimaker ABS and CPE would also be suitable for a safe demonstration. Both filaments have the property that they adhere well to the plate.
    Demonstration always sounds like a 100% solution. Hence the thought.

Practically, you can also print temporarily with just the second printhead as an alternative.

I and probably the others answer posts on occasion and in context.
    The exchange helps me keep my own production running and improve. I can recommend, because that saves time.

Wish you good luck