A new community manager

SandervG

Posted · A new community manager

Hi everyone, 

Allegedly all good things come to an end.. and right now that means I will be leaving Ultimaker and I will no longer be a link between this beautiful community and the Ultimaker organisation. I just checked.. and I created this account in 2012 (time flies) and in that time we've seen a lot. A lot of beautiful moments where we had the opportunity to help each other, celebrate innovation (Like Cura (plugins), a bunch of modifications to the Ultimaker Original, firmware mods from our own @tinkergnome, the beautiful and elegant magnetic toolchanger from @foehnsturm and much, much more discoveries and accomplishments. But I also had to navigate us through more difficult times, like Ultimaker 2 lead times and other hick-ups we encountered. But I did it all with great pleasure, even when you felt angry or upset. All in all, it was a beautiful, dynamic adventure where we started with a handful of people and today we share this forum with over 50.000 members. 

But it is also a start of something new! Obviously I wouldn't leave you alone and empty handed. The smart, energetic and talented @MariMakes will take over the community management hat from me! (....Well, officially from Thursday onwards.) Make sure to give her a warm welcome and continue this path of growth and discovery. 

I might not say this enough, but also a special shoutout to our team of amazing, dedicated, and tireless moderators, who we all owe so much. @gr5 @Smithy @IRobertI @Labern @DidierKlein @flowalistik We, 100%, wouldn't be where we are today without these guys. 

Ok, having said all that, I wish you all the best. Keep on innovating and make beautiful things! On Thursday I will create a different account for personal use. I will not continue to use this one so there can be no confusion about who to reach out to when you are looking for the one and only community manager! 

Peace!

jump-it.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for the amazing work done in the last decade for Ultimaker and the Ultimaker Community!

Your highlight on the Talking Additive, is one of my favorites and really illustrates the craziness you've had to deal with in the early days.  I'll miss having you around the office, but I look forward to still see you online.  

I'm a bit nervous to fill such big shoes, but I promise I'll do my best! 

image.gif.a38c847b46012ee8f4dc3dec7e3f4d4c.gif

• Like 3

Big shoes, big beard and a thundering voice. One of my favourite, albeit a bit silly, memories is still when I was going to meet up with Sander and some other people a few years ago and I wasn't quite sure where I was going. Far in the distance I could hear Sander's booming laughter and knew I was on the right track 😄

And a big welcome to Mariska, I'm sure you'll do great even without a beard 😉

• Like 1

No need for all those strange and unknown beards, here is the real one! 😉

image.thumb.png.21d15d51206999132730ddb258ef40b4.png

haha yea that is a great memory @IRobertI. If all things fail, I can always become a lighthouse for the visually impaired 😉 I also have no doubt Mariska will do great. With or without beard (but probably even better with.. 😛)

• Like 1

I looked on thingiverse for that beard STL, no hits.  Maybe time for another exotic filament in the library 😉

Sander you have been a force for good here, in every positive sense of that phrase.  May your next chapter bring success and happiness to you and yours.

Mariska, welcome to your next chapter with this motly community (beards optional!)

John

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@SandervG Good luck on your next endeavor.

@MariMakes - a belated welcome.

This is just a suggestion, but I think that you should lose the photo-shopped beard and print yourself a decent one.

It doesn't happen often, but every once in a while, an irate poster shows up here.  A thick skin, and a sense of humor can be invaluable.  When all else fails you may need a good disguise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · A new community manager

I have known @MariMakes for a while. Not closely, but primarily during the early S5 time. I cannot think of a better person to fill the space left by @SandervG.

Sharp, sharp person, indeed 🙂 

Edit: @SandervG did you ever consider auditioning for voice overs? Think about it.....

Edited by kmanstudios
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...