Ultimaker² lead time update

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker² lead time update

Ultimaker emailed me 2 weeks ago about my order and said it should ship Monday next week. They also promised a 150 Euro coupon. Throughout 4 emails I sent them I kept mentioning about the coupon so that I can order some more plastic but it seemed like they didn't want to respond to those reminder. So I don't know what to think about that. I hope they ship my order on Monday so it will get here before I leave for Christmas. Honestly, the coupon or money can't buy back the time I lost waiting to finish my projects. Plus, I thought I would save money and time to order a printer to make models for my projects. It turned out I had to spend my already over spent college budget to catch up with my graduation deadline. I am sorry about all this rant and I promise I will disappear forever if my printer is shipped on Monday the 16th. Just get it here please. And not answering emails is not helping your company image at all... Now as we talked before, worse case is Ultimaker can't deliver on Monday the 16th as they promised. Chances are this will happened ( it would be the third time to break a deliver date to a customer. Wow!) I agreed with them that they would ship on Jan 6th when I come back from break, which is...fine I guess. However... If this is still no sign of delivery on Jan 6th, I will CANCEL the order. Granted Ultimaker could possibly the best printer out there now but I really don't think it's worth my precious time waiting.

• Replies 588
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Hoangy,

Thank you for your post.

Where did you sent the emails to?

I can look into why they were not replied.

Luckily, there is also some good news I can share.

Your Ultimaker 2 is right now boxed, and ready to be picked up by DHL.

So it will be shipped out today!

Hopefully, this will make your day a little bit better.

You should receive your tracking code later today.

I hope you have a good weekend, full of anticipation.

Both orders (on those dates) should be sent out next week. (week 51)

Oh yeah !

Cool !

Thank you very much ! :cool:

I'm happy :mrgreen:

still no tracking nr???

getting nervous

shipped status on website, yippie

Good for you. :)

thanks

Yeah!!! Still hope 4 Christmas!!!

SandervG, with all due respect, dont you feel you are losing some customers because of your slow delivery schedule?.

@ Hector, November 14th requires a little bit more patience.

I think I can give you some more details during next week.

@ Luisito, I don't know what your point is?

I hope it is pretty obvious we do our very best to sent out all the orders as soon as possible. And we care for our customers. Indeed, sending orders can not go out fast enough. But we are going as fast as we can. We ran into some difficulties, but things are coming together slowly. If you have any questions about your order please feel free to ask and I would be happy to be of assistance. Thank you.

Hi Sander,

I replied to your email you sent me 2 weeks ago. Then someone responded for the a couple time but then the last 2 emails I sent didn't get any feedback. Still no shipping confirmation today yet though. Thanks for replying here Sander.

SandervG, with all due respect, dont you feel you are losing some customers because of your slow delivery schedule?.

I suspect none of UM has expected such a high demand of Ultimaker2. Of course you can withdraw at any time from purchase. But is there any comparable products with similar price levels, which are more readily available? Many will unfortunately cancel their purchase because of the long wait, I guess that's really not the right way.

I was completely unaware of the company Ultimaker right before my purchase and I know it now still not much better. I'm sure a very impatient person, but I now understand the big problem a little better and I will just keep waiting.

UM will certainly not disappoint anyone and everyone will also get his device as soon as possible, this can be read here in the forum. More generally, we read very little about very big problems with the Ultimaker products. Please do not forget UM is not Sony or Microsoft with thousands of workers and supporters with global language support. Many devices go on a trip very distant, this requires a high level of product quality, so are complicated and time-consuming returns are largely avoided.

Sander is currently quite alone and fights against windmills, he invested a lot in damage reduction. A small emerging company may waive any customers and plenty of homework still needs to be made in dealing with the paying customers. I think Sander makes it very well and stays friendly at every opportunity. We just have to learn to do something better understand, which is admittedly very difficult for many.

Still nothing yet...

Still nothing yet...

You post on a Friday night at 10pm in europe. What do you expect? You will not get any answers until Monday I'm sure.

Well they said they will have a shipping confirmation today which is Friday. When I said "nothing yet" I meant there is no confirmation today as they said yet...

Though I hope it's shipped or will ship Monday...

If it wasn't shipped by 4pm europe time (morning usa time) then it won't get shipped until Monday likely. You can check DHL to see if it was shipped if you have your ultimaker "R" number. Just replace this link with your R number:

www.dhl.com/content/g0/en/express/tracking/shippers_reference.shtml?shipperReference=R000000000&fromDayValue=01&fromMonthValue=12&fromYearValue=2013&toDayValue=30&toMonthValue=12&toYearValue=2013&accountNumber=&countryCodeIndex=&countryCode=

Hey Thank you Gr5 "Gru5". :) Though I dont know what R number is and where to find it. I checked out as guess so I dont even have a history of what I bought on my account. So I have no idea.

Hi Sander,

I am also interested in info regarding my UM2 (order date Oct 24). I cannot find any statusinfo, did not receive any update, just your email indicating week 52 as guaranteed delivery date. I reacted on this email including questions regarding the $150 voucher, but I'm afraid I did not receive any reaction..

Getting nervous now...

Hans

Still noting yet, no tracking nr. only mail: status shipped??

Hope it will arrive today

Hi Sjoerd,

I have sent you a DM with your tracking number.

Haven't you received a notification in your spam filter either?

@ Hans, Can you sent me a DM with your ordernumber or ticket number?

I will look into it. Thank you for your time!