Ultimaker² lead time update

SandervG

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Ultimaker² lead time update

I am employed but send me 10 kits and I will help build them too... might take me longer than 10 weeks though having never even seen a machine lol

And you just keep one or two as payement ^^ count me in :-P (even if i'm not unemployed ^^)

Most of my Ultimaker 2 Prints layer height 0.1 except the ring 0.06 :mrgreen: check out my Gallery.... Good things come for those who wait... :D

Ultimaker 2 all my Prints are layer height 0.1 except the ring 0.06

Lovely prints vinay!

I was told today that I could pay for my ultimaker2... And I would have it delivered Tuesday/ Wednesday next week. But.....I gotta pay more than £500 more than what I could pay direct from ultimaker :(. Decisions decisions....

Whom made such an offer? I am not privy to the specifics of your seller, but I would watch out for stolen UM2s. There is a thread about it here: http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/4247-ultimaker-2-local-pick-up-at-night/

sounds a little weird for an offer... be careful !!

Ian

Its typical UK price to be honest... from Imakr ;/

The main problem with assembling them is that there are a lot of blocking processes. Every time a single part is on backorder, the entire production suffers from this. Even with a small legion of people building these, it takes a few manhours to build a machine.

Outsourcing this is not a very good idea, as it would take quite long for the builders to be on a somewhat desirable speed and the other party needs to be big enough to cut out overhead (which is the main problem). Sending 10 packages to a single builder just doesn't cut it as the administration of 20 ish of such builders would be a complete nightmare (and therefore freakishly expensive). Quality control would become a major issue all of the sudden.

What about a little update on current lead times? Thankyou.

Mine was due to ship last week (I even checked the week before so I could plan my work travel). I was told that beginning of this week would be the latest it would ship (week 9 of my 6-8 week estimate)... I've had no notification so far :(

Mine is being delivered today :) Last night I started to work on " My Ultimaker Corner " haha.

Edit : :wub: My Temporary Happy Corner

photo

hahahaha

Skint my ultimaker corner is ready since I ordered. I didn´t realize it will take that long. Now when I look at that corner I think "How longer will it take!!!!!". I think I will end up putting a full size picture of it.

Skint, when did you order yours?

Hey Ameba

Yeah I have started working on the proper Happy Corner lol but cleaning out my old office is taking MUCH longer than I hoped haha, its a real dump !

After reading all of the posts on this forum about waiting times I decided to search for a EU or UK supplier which could offer better timing. I ordered mine from http://www.imakr.com on Sunday ( 18th ) and got it delivered this morning :)

Mine is being delivered today :) Last night I started to work on " My Ultimaker Corner " haha.

Edit : :wub: My Temporary Happy Corner

it looks like you kidnapped it ? LOLL

I ordered mine from www.imakr.com on Sunday ( 18th ) and got it delivered this morning :)

WOW!!!!! congratulations.

(but you just p****d off 500 people. :p )

Haha, I should edit it out before all those unlucky ones read it :p

Come on, just for the unlucky ones. A little report on lead time. Any admin? SandervG?

If it can help i ordered at 1st february. I was told my order will be shipped last week march or first week april. I was also told they are working on making production faster and soon leadtimes could decrease even for old buyers and my printer could ship even sooner than that.

Come on, just for the unlucky ones. A little report on lead time. Any admin? SandervG?

Yes, I will give an update by the end of this week. Not just for the unlucky ones, but for everyone :) Thank you for your patience.

We have everything on stock again (except maybe ABS White, I should check). All the missing rolls are being sent out through this week and halfway to next.

Yes, I will give an update by the end of this week. Not just for the unlucky ones, but for everyone :) Thank you for your patience.

Thanks a lot, SandervG.

The end of the week is there ;)