New plugin - RawMouse

burtoogle

• 3 months later...
Posted · New plugin - RawMouse

Thanks! This is really nice. Got it working great on Mac OS 10.15, once I set up a profile for Cura in the SpaceMouse preferences (which seems to control the overall sensitivity). Had to tweak some of the scalings directions in the plugin  to get it to work in ways that felt intuitive to me - which I guess comes down to whether you feel like you're moving the viewer or the object. But it's a very nice improvement!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dear BURTOOGLE,

I have just installed your plugin, I have adjusted it slightly, and it is working beautifully.

I absolutely love it!!!

Thank you very much!!!

Can I donate to you?

You really changed the Cura experience.

Thanks again.

Diego

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just added the plugin and there is a response. But, the rotations and movements are reversed and I cannot find a way to open the settings menu for the 3D mouse in Cura. (using Cura version 4.6.2)

Can you please tell me how to open the settings menu?

Best regards,

Leo

Please read the posts above (starting back at the very first post).  You have to edit a text "config" file.  It's explained in detail - where the file is and how to get Cura to reread the config file.

I had been using RawMouse with Cura and it had been working great!  Recently I upgraded to Mac OS Big Sur and Cura 4.8.0.  I am no longer having any use of my 3Dconnexion Spacemouse.  Is there a newer Rawmouse needed or any change in configuration?  Please help as the use of the Spacemouse has been a huge help in Cura!

There is a beta driver from 3DConnexion for Big Sur, maybe that helps. 

I upgraded to Big Sur last weekend, installed the beta driver but haven't tried if raw mouse is still working - I can check it later.

I had already installed the beta from 3Dconnexion for Big Sur.  The Spacemouse works fine with Fusion 360 (as well as it's demo program) but nothing happens with Cura.

10 hours ago, BPerry2020 said:

I had already installed the beta from 3Dconnexion for Big Sur.

The crucial point is that RawMouse does not use the 3DConnexion driver at all.

In contrary (from https://github.com/smartavionics/RawMouse/blob/master/README.md😞

"On systems that have an existing driver installed, you may need to disable that driver so that RawMouse can gain access to the device."

Dunno, if libspnav library is mandatory or optional on MacOS?

Damn, you are right, it is not working anymore in Cura.

I just tested it in Fusion after the upgrade and haven't looked further.

It seems that the RawMouse plugin has no permissions to open the USB device:

ERROR - [RawMouse] RawMouse.RawMouse._run_hid [243]: Exception while reading HID events: open failed

• Like 1

Tried some things, like gave Cura more permission in the security settings of MacOS, but not successful. 
    Mark wrote on Github, that we should try to deinstall the 3DConnexion driver to see if it helps, but haven't tried it yet.

There is also an issue on Github already, so maybe @BPerry2020 can also share the infos there:

https://github.com/smartavionics/RawMouse/issues/9

Many thanks @burtoogle for your work.

Thank you so very much for your efforts in producing this plug in. Using Cura was so vexing after using my space pilot with great success with every other program I use. Cura also uses different mouse buttons for navigating than my other software. Your code has lowered my frustration level a number of notches.  😉 

So once again, I really appreciate you efforts and wish you well

I just tried the plugin.

All axis are inverted.

Without marketplace I'd have to install it again and again for 4.9 and 4.10 and 4.11 😕

I just started to use this and found the 3dmouse move opposite than expected. On a hunch I edited the config.json file and reversed the scale so that anything negative was positive and visa versa. Now it works great!

"profiles" : {
        "spacemouse" : {
          "axes" : [
            { "offset": 0.0, "scale":  0.1, "threshold": 0.01, "target": "movx" },
            { "offset": 0.0, "scale":  100.0, "threshold": 1.0, "target": "zoom" },
            { "offset": 0.0, "scale":  0.1, "threshold": 0.01, "target": "movy" },
            { "offset": 0.0, "scale":  0.05 , "threshold": 0.01, "target": "rotpitch" },
            { "offset": 0.0, "scale":  0.05, "threshold": 0.01, "target": "rotroll" },
            { "offset": 0.0, "scale": -0.1, "threshold": 0.01, "target": "rotyaw" }

• Like 3

On 1/21/2021 at 7:32 AM, MarcusWolschon said:

I just tried the plugin.

All axis are inverted.

Without marketplace I'd have to install it again and again for 4.9 and 4.10 and 4.11 😕

See my latest post for a fix

Check it out!

2021-01-25_22-51-29 (1).gif

@burtoogle Amazing plug-in. @mbourque Thanks for the tip about modifying the plug-in. Reversing it through the 3Dconnexion settings was not working. The only thing I didn't reverse was the zoom. Now it operates just like with Solidworks and Fusion 360. I hate that I've waited this long to find this.

• Like 1

If you pull the puck towards you, it should be zoom it. Just like a natural object. Are you saying you got used to it being opposite?

Posted (edited) · New plugin - RawMouse

I just wanted to thank you for this plugin and report that it works great on my 2012 MacBook Pro and Catalina 10.15.7 and Cura 4.8. 0.

As for inverted axis, I just added Cura to the 3dConnexion setup prefs panel and reversed the directions in there. All is well.

Thanks again.

Edited by sportsracer

Just installed this, working on Win10 with Enterprise Kit. I followed mbourque's instructions for reversing everything. it works! It's a little choppy, but i think that is cura not the plug-in. This was the only program that it didn't work in. So happy to have found this!

• Like 1

Awesome!  Spacemouse wireless working with your RawMouse plugin.  Only up/down, left/right, and Zoom are working but it's soooooooo much easier.  Thanx burtoogle!

Update on the RawMouse install.  All axes work except when spacemouse overall speed is set below a certain threshold.  : )

Hi,

last day I got my new Mac mini with M1 cpu. All is working fine except the rawmouse plugin in Cura. I'm not sure if the issue is the beta driver from 3dconnexion or the plugin itself, but it's not working. In Fusion360 all is working fine. 

Can somebody help me to go on here?

Thx,

Denis