Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
SandervG

Cura settings explained

Posted · Cura settings explained

Hello there, do you also love Cura but sometimes get lost in all its beautiful settings? 

In our knowledgebase on Ultimaker.com we have dedicated many articles explaining how those settings work. So if you find yourself wondering how a certain setting works or if you just want to learn more about what Cura can do, visit this link; 

Cura settings explained.

We put a lot of effort in writing these guides so let us know what you think! Looking forward to hear from you! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is very good indeed, and with lots of pictures explaining it even better. I for one have misinterpreted some settings that now makes perfect sense again. 

Sorry for bringing this up, but isn’t there a typo here? (Under shell settings)

No skin in Z gaps

Small gaps between the layers in the Z-direction of a model can be “fixed” by using this setting. Disabling it will ensure the layers will fuse together by printing infill between the bottom and top of the gap. If you disable this setting, it won’t fill the gap and will simply print the bottom and top as they appear in the model.

• Thanks 1

We're considering updating some settings and descriptions, I made a thread here. Feedback appreciated!

6 hours ago, TMicke said:

This is very good indeed, and with lots of pictures explaining it even better. I for one have misinterpreted some settings that now makes perfect sense again. 

Sorry for bringing this up, but isn’t there a typo here? (Under shell settings)

Great! I'm very happy to hear you found it useful. This is the best feedback we can receive. 

I'm sorry, perhaps I've grown blind to it. What would be the typo specifically? 🧐

Thanks! 

This may just be what I'm looking for, for my Dremel 3D45. They are using a Cura based on V2.6 for their Digilab slicer. Has much changed between that and this tutorial ? Is a printable version available. I love my books.

6 hours ago, SandervG said:

Great! I'm very happy to hear you found it useful. This is the best feedback we can receive. 

I'm sorry, perhaps I've grown blind to it. What would be the typo specifically? 🧐

Thanks! 

Now that I should try to explain I’m not entirely sure anymore 😂

Maybe it’s just my poor language skills, but doesn’t the two explanations I marked with bold text contradict each other? Or are they saying the same thing in other words?

And typo was probably the wrong word to use.

Thanks for creating this very helpful document, I like it!

BTW, there is an error in „Support distance priority“, where at one place there should be „Z overrides X/Y“ instead of „X/Y overrides Z“

Cheers, -pl