Ultimaker Cura 4.7 is available!

SandervG

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.7 is available!

I went and got it out of the box.  I thought I'd peek back in here and see if I still need it.  Yep...I need My Helmet.  I want everyone here to know that no plastic animals (or God forbid - minis) were killed during the making of the helmet.  It's all metal with NO printed parts.  

Back to business.  I have looked closely at the "I" in MONITOR and have found it to be the same as the "I" in PREVIEW.  I (another one) have therefore come to the conclusion that @y care's attempt to be the "I" police will not result in him getting a job at Apple.  Surely all of the adults here can agree that it just doesn't matter if the occasional "I" decides to wear a Serif while it's neighbors are going Sans.

Thank you for your time.

Now if the referee will blow his/her/it's whistle y'all can get back at it.

Edited by GregValiant
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.7 is available!
On 9/13/2020 at 6:17 AM, ChrisRowland said:

I also have a problem with Cura 4.7.1, Windows 64 bit version.

I've been running 4.6.1 sucessfully and saw the invitation to upgrade so did.  The install process worked.

But starting Cura doesn't.  I get to the window asking for me to contribute by sending anonymous data and click on 'Next'

Cura silently closes. No error messages, nothing.

The same multiple times, even after a restart.

Has anyone tried this with W10?  It seems pretty solid and as I've not even got to the point of selecting a printer seems pretty generic.

Will return to 6.7

Chris

I have been having similar problems using 4.7.1 after upgrading fro 4.4.1. the curved sections of the bow are very rough. The one on the left was sliced with 4.4.1 with totally default Ender 3 settings, the one on the right is with 4.7.1. They both have some odd excess pieces of filament, probably do to my new all-metal extruder, but I am quite sure that is unrelated...

IMG_20201029_131948.jpg

IMG_20201029_155935.jpg

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.7 is available!
    On 10/30/2020 at 12:00 AM, GregValiant said:

Under Mesh Fixes -

Maximum Resolution = .8

Max travel resolution = .8

Maximum Deviation = .025.

Those are some of the changes made to the Creality profiles in 4.8beta.  They make a big difference.

Did any of those change from 4.6.2 to 4.7.0? I would like to know how it broke in the first place. I also tried 4.8.0 Beta, and while the results are better, they are still much worse than in 4.6.2. Something broke in 4.7, which seems to have quite drastic effects on the smooth overhanging curves of the 3DBenchy bow hull section

Edited by acwest

Hi,

I´m using beta 4,8 and can´t see layer view options. Only a default view. Also the button to run nozzle path simulation is not visible...could you help?

On 11/5/2020 at 9:24 PM, fede2020 said:

Hi,

I´m using beta 4,8 and can´t see layer view options. Only a default view. Also the button to run nozzle path simulation is not visible...could you help?

You are either running it in forced compatibility mode or your video drivers are not up to date.

4.8.0 release is out, and it has a couple of things that fix the benchy issue. There is a fix for a bug in the simplification code, and the other is an increase in the default mesh fixes values. I believe that is necessary because of longstanding bugs in how that was implemented. The benchy now is MUCH better (although I think the mesh fixes change rounds out the edgew of the door frames a bit)

Maximum Resolution = .25

Max travel resolution = .25

Maximum Deviation = .025

benchy-4.8.jpg

ok thks. I´ll check the drivers....