Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

This weekend, I printed Dizingof's 'http://www.ponoko.com/design-your-own/products/joint-stars-math-art-7491' on my UM2. It's a tough print because there are lots of structurally critical, totally unsupported, overhangs - so I used Meshmixer to create support struts throughout. I printed it at 30mm/s, with 0.1mm layers. Finished print is 10cm high. The finished surface was really excellent, even on the overhangs, and the supports removed very easily, although the internal supports holding up the top needed a bit of ingenuity to extract. I have to say I'm delighted with it, although at 21.5 hours, it was the longest print I've ever done.

Joint Stars - Math Art by Dizingof

wow, very good print!!

With Christmas coming up it was time for a new thing for the nephews. They still like money so that's what they're getting. Last years little puzzle didn't last long so I hope this will take a minute or two at least. I tried to put in "traps" to get them stuck and missing the right exits, who knows if it'll work hehe.

Are you going to share this one as well? My old man is nuts about those kinds of mind bending puzzles, so I thought I would have a look at yours and possibly find inspiration to make another more complex one...

And some feet, that still need a little bit of cleanup

IMG_1025.JPG

Hi Xeno,

What are you making?

Do you have a render that you can share with us? :)

Looking at his avatar I guess it is a C3PO or something else Star Wars themed :)

My guess was C3PO as well :)

are you printing with 100 percent infill ? .. why ?

Ian :-)

Hi Xeno,

What are you making?

Do you have a render that you can share with us? :)

That would spoil it :)

are you printing with 100 percent infill ? .. why ?

Ian :smile:

I'm printing with normal 25% infill, otherwise it would take weeks :)

the top of the feet look like 100% but are closed slices of the leg part.

Another 'Lets See What This Puppy Can Do' print with the UM2... this was a 15 hour print; 0.1mm layers, at 30mm/s. Gergely's 'http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:157057'. An insane number of retractions as it moved between all those individual leaves, and it worked flawlessly.

46178 retractions, to be precise (I just counted them in the gcode). So that's 1 retraction and de-retraction, every 1.2 seconds, for 15 hours. Damn. Thank goodness that the UM2 retractions are so quiet! This printer actually does live on a coffee table in my living room.

UM2 Leaves

Looking into the maw...

Leaves Close Up

The only place I got the slightest stringing was at the tips of a couple of leaves - and that wasn't retraction-related: it was because of the round-robin print planning in Cura which meant that the first and last leaves on each layer get printed two layers back-to-back, so the plastic didn't have any time to cool.

Wow, that's super impressively clean!

incredible prints coming out of the um2 !! :-)

very very impressed :-)

Wow, just wow!

I don't think I will be able to leaf that one alone when I get my printer. :-P

My last one, dual extrusion test:

dsc01820.jpg?i=1660371847

More images and explanations on this post:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/2346-first-tests-of-architectural-prints/?p=28444

mmmm.... WOWW

i had to run this minature print model off tonight... my boss wants to print this train station as a small minature with a few trains behind the building and a few mini mini engineers infront of the building inspecting it... a kinda cool kiss ass present to the client ;-)

a quick print but... its ok...

IMG_5126.JPG

Another 'Lets See What This Puppy Can Do' print with the UM2... this was a 15 hour print; 0.1mm layers, at 30mm/s. Gergely's 'Leaf Lamp 2'. An insane number of retractions as it moved between all those individual leaves, and it worked flawlessly.

46178 retractions, to be precise (I just counted them in the gcode). So that's 1 retraction and de-retraction, every 1.2 seconds, for 15 hours. Damn. Thank goodness that the UM2 retractions are so quiet! This printer actually does live on a coffee table in my living room.

The only place I got the slightest stringing was at the tips of a couple of leaves - and that wasn't retraction-related: it was because of the round-robin print planning in Cura which meant that the first and last leaves on each layer get printed two layers back-to-back, so the plastic didn't have any time to cool.

Looks great! did you change the retraction settings at all?

I've found that retraction of 5.5mm at 35mm/s works well for me on the UM2.

Morning,

I hope total @#4%ng Disasters are allowed here as well....

Every now and then, 3D printing seems to be a total waist of time, money and resources :???: .

33 hours of printing to find this present.

Before Unwrapping.

WP 000815

And after.

WP 000820

Keep on trying, but next time with a smaller and faster print, and a tightened pulley and higher temp for the 2nd extruder.

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/gallery/album/353-ng-disaster/

Should show the better print as well........http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/3741-better/?p=29166

i think its good to show screw up prints as well here ! you can also learn buckets from a disaster print !

Just a pity to see something lovely... screwed up... :-(

Keep up the amazing work !!

I recieved my UM2 on Monday, and I'm happy with the results I'm getting so far... would still like to improve undercut quality.

This was printed at 0.06mm height with support at 30mm/s

dirty

1502564 10151780614651814 1564588956 N