Forums Out of Service?

emilio2

Posted · Forums Out of Service?

I kept getting "account suspended". At first I wondered what I had done to warrant summary execution, then I realized that it must be that the forums are hosted by some service. Maybe UM forgot to pay the bill?

(DonMilne) My thoughts entirely, I briefly wondered what I had written to get banned??

But it seems that UM's service (account) is what got "suspended" - phew -

I was also struggling to think what I had done wrong to be disconnected from my life line

it was the o"l "it was maintenance" excuse :-P

Haha... love how everyone (incl. me) thought they had written something inappropriate somewhere... Glad we are all back :)

LOL me too, why are we so paranoiac or does guilt suffer from no smoke without fire

Sooo tempted to do a mass ban just to mess with people's heads... :p

I kept getting "account suspended". At first I wondered what I had done to warrant summary execution, then I realized that it must be that the forums are hosted by some service. Maybe UM forgot to pay the bill?

Embarrassing as it is. Yes, the bill wasn't payed. The server was hired when Ultimaker was much smaller, the payment was with CC, the CC expired a month ago, the warning mails that payment could not be made went to the wrong (no longer used) inbox. So nobody noticed until the provider pull the plug. Totally understandable from their side.

Small oops, all fixed now. We had a few of these the last month as I understood, as the CC had more stuff connected to it then we knew. All small amounts, few dollars here, few there. (The one I noticed was our github payment, which was solved before any service was disconnected). Naturally we're setting up better email addresses for this now.

You're a very evil man :-P

I feel better now... knowing that it is DAID`s fault :p

I thought you were one of the good guy - now I am not so sure - cruel idea

I also thought I had done something to warrant a suspension (and did email UM about it), but have not even made a post yet, as still in the 'absorbing knowledge stage' waiting for my pre-ordered UM2 extended to arrive :mrgreen:

I wonder if anyone has more of an idea as to when in April these will be available? My local supplier didn't!

With the few mods I have seen available, together with the new printer this could be an expensive month!!

At first i also thought that i had done something horrible and that one of my fellow moderator friends had banned me because i pissed him off somehow :mrgreen:

Glad it was repaired fast, i missed my dear forum yesterday :)

My best bet for a couple of minutes was a post I had made, where I stated that the default azure UM filament did not have a good reputation.

Then I thought that clearly, the amount of criticism allowed on this forum, that I do appreciate every day and is something that makes Ultimaker special in my eyes, was not consistent with a ban for this reason. So I visited the page in an incognito window, and then through a proxy, and the truth became evident, it was not me ;)

Was anyone else finding this happening again yesterday evening? Hopefully UM now pays their bills, so maybe the provider needs a slap upside the head? :)

Was anyone else finding this happening again yesterday evening? Hopefully UM now pays their bills, so maybe the provider needs a slap upside the head? :)

Yes, my account was suspended again yesterday ;) Not sure what I did wrong this time :-P

I guess it was some kind of hacker attack (would be a clever strategy to hit UM where they are strongest). Otherwise it would be a bit amateurish... :unsure: