All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Hello, I am currently trying to generate some Cura profile files (*.curaprofile) for a custom tool but I have some issues with the format. There are headers with characters not recognized on NotePad++. I attached an image showing the unknown headers starting with "PK". Does anyone know how to recreate those characters or avoid using them? Thank you 🙂
  4. Why not just use the mb version of Cura? It's okay to have multiple versions installed at the same time. If you are a software programmer you can learn how to use the tools used to create cura. How to build Cura is not trivial even for programmers. There are articles on this forum about how to do it and experts who can help you but they aren't going to teach you the 300 steps. But if you get stuck on a particular step e.g. a linker error, they can offer suggestions. Instead, why not just use the mb version? The last time I compared the mb version and the UM version, the mb version was much better at nicer looking prints.
  5. And do you know how I can introduce or what I can do to add those gitHUB patterns in cura? I don't know how to do it
  6. Hiya! Your always-trying-to-be-friendly assistant mod Slashee here. You'll probably get a better answer if you post this question in the UltiMaker 3D Printers board since your problem seems to have a lot to do with the hardware. If you're having a hardware problem with your printer, you should try searching the extensive knowledge base or contact support at the UltiMaker support site.
  7. I haven't tried BTRFS but I'm assuming they don't like it and that means they have very poor taste. */me doesn't want to start a filesystem war* It's pretty much only Windows that uses backslashes in file paths. Everything else uses forward slashes.
  8. You need to be running Cura 5.6 or higher (that's when they added a plugin for it) and then in your Cura configuration folder (in Cura go to Help > Show Configuration Folder) and inside that you go to the folder plugins/CuraEngineTiledInfill/CuraEngineTiledInfill/tiles/ and add your design as a .wkt file
  9. Any chance you could post the exact gcode file you're trying to print? There might be something that explains how the printer is doing it (even if not why).
  10. Technology troubleshooting step #1: Reboot it. It used to be "turn it off then on again" but Microsoft had to ruin that for everyone (in recent versions of Windows, rebooting it and turning it off then on again do different things by default). It's just good you didn't have to get to step #17 (threaten it with a hammer) or step #23 (hit it with the hammer) 🙂
  11. Hmm strange situation: now, after rebooting my laptop, everything is working fine. 😕
  12. There's no practical way to do it. They exist only in @burtoogle's fork of Cura.
  13. Hi @canaksaya, The no 2 extruder port "has" to be activated as the "primary port" in the firmware. The "firmware" is the program that's control the microprocessor on UM2's main PCB. Modifying the firmware might be the bets way to go, I'll think. Some third party "firmware's" may be used as well.. Someone else might chime in here. 🙂 In the meantime, I'll dig a little into this matter. Thanks Torgeir
  14. @Torgeir is good with the UM 2 printers. Maybe he has a suggestion?
  15. Thank you for your analysis of the model and I it may not be perfect but the misalignments are microns and in Inventor the two models are aligned to more than 4 decimal places (in millimetres at that) via planes so maybe that's a Cura issue too, the alignment when merged in the program but we digress and I can live with the miniscule misalignment as it certainly isn't the problem. As I'm the one who's been seeing this happen I know full well it's not the model causing issues. If I sit around and melt the blobs away while it creates them with a flame and flatten each one, the model prints beautify and the misalignments you've noted aren't visible without a magnifying glass. When I say the blobs are the issue, you (well, I actually) know it, they go with a hell of thump, the whole machine judders and it's ALWAYS when it set's off on the return to the print job. If I get chance I'll see if I can catch it on video this weekend. I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating but believe I'm not. Also it's definitely an issue related to Cura towers, it NEVER happens when it's coded in Prusaslicer, their rectangular towers give me no grief what so ever, however, as I've previous said for whatever reason I just can't seem to get Prusaslicer to dial in the quality of print I can get in Cura hence why I want to do them in Cura and not Prusaslicer. What would be perfect is Cura doing a tower like Prusaslicer as it never pauses over the tower and thus does ooze whacking great snot ball over the tower, but that's not going to happen any time soon lol. Maybe if Cura had this pause over the entre opening in the tower then wiped on it's way outward would be the answer. I'm simply looking a resolution I didn't have with the CR-X but only applies to these damned A10M's. I'm not blaming Cura, If I'm doing something wrong I'd just like to learn how to correct it
  16. By the way, this looks like one big island. Which seems like a bad idea to me. But I can't tell as I can't zoom in much.
  17. I believe someone on the Cura team once told me that when it finishes an "island" (aka a loop) it then looks for the nearest loop. So I imagine it goes through the list of all loops and when it finds a point closer it updates the index to that and the distance. So if it finds several of equal distance you get the first on in the list. Unfortunately the list is unordered because the triangles in the STL are unordered. So a hack-fix might be to modify the distance between each island by say .00001mm through .00500mm in the order in which you want to print them. If you are creating these with openscad, this is pretty trivial. Almost any other CAD, it's not so easy. By the way, this is the famous "traveling salesman problem" which tries to find the shortest path to visit many locations and is exceptionally complicated and there are probably thousands of papers and algorithms on the subject. When you get above 20 or so locations, there are more possible paths than atoms in the universe. So you have to do an algorithm that's usually "reasonable". The current algorithm is not very sophisticated at all obviously (just go to the nearest next island).
  18. I don't like to guess, but this is a guess. Cura doesn't see a bunch of walls, it sees a bunch of square holes and each hole has "outer-wall" around it. The fact that the distance between holes is about 1 line width means that each square hole shares a wall with the adjacent hole. That might be what is giving the funky toolpath. You can try playing with "Group Outer Walls" and "Optimize Wall Printing Order". You may end up with a different toolpath, but not necessarily a "better" toolpath. As AHoeben suggests, if you make that area solid, and use a properly spaced "Grid" infill (you might have to use a Mesh Modifier and adjust the line distance rather than the infill density) then Cura will print the grid as lines from one side to the other, You can rotate the grid so it is perpendicular to the structure by adjusting the line directions to something like "[0]" as the default (empty brackets "[ ]") is 45°.
  19. lol anything over a 9 is considered off the chart. so double digits is things are NOT okay.
  20. Did you know you can accidentally format an sd card with riser fs if you don’t pay attention on one of my playgrounds? Enders don’t like riser fs sd cards.
  21. I would contact the reseller you got this from because you got the olimex board for a 3 not 3 extended.
  22. @madmax21 check this thread after checking your pcb wiring as replied by @beadster
  23. yes indeed, and thank for all the help on the forum
  24. Hello, I have a problem with the Extruder 2 motor driver. For this reason, I want to use the Extruder 2 connector on the motherboard for motor connection. I made this connection, but ext1 is still active in software, so the engine connected to ext2 does not work. Extruder number 2 cannot be selected for the Ultimaker 2/2+ printer on Cura Software. Therefore I cannot activate ext2. How can I solve this problem? Thanks in advance for your help. Can
  25. Use an infill pattern instead of modeling the grid.
  1. Load more activity