Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
matthieu

Ultimaker 3 release date ?

I don't know. And the people that know will not be allowed to tell you....

But common sense give a few communication moments... the december holiday period and CES beginning jan2016. I would be dissapointed if we don't here anything by then...

Well past events like Makerfaire NYC and CES have seen some new releases.

I have checked and Ultimaker isn't listed as a exhibitor at CES yet and last year there was a month or so warning about something new coming at makerfaire.

But UM seem to be getting better at being Secret squirrel :)

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to the expansion kit for the Ultimaker 2 for dual material extrusion.

I see the kit is available for the original one, and the UM2 print head and box and fillament holder already have been engineered where parts can be added.

They announced a couple of months ago that the Ultimaker 2 won't have a proper dual extrusion kit. There's an alternate solution being worked on by @UltiArjan at the moment you can check it out it's awesome!

Since they just released 2 new versions of the UM2, i doubt we will see an UM3 for at least another year and a half

I will however be moving on to a big box for dual extrusion besides my UMO

Edited by Guest

It's no guarantee for next time; but last time we had some sort of deal for people who just bought an old machine. Can't remember the specifics though.

False. I got burned. I bought my Ultimaker kit and the Ultimaker 2 came out 10 days later. I had inquired about buying an assembled model and opted to save the money with a kit. Well, kits are not refundable. And no...no discount was offered if I wanted to buy the Ultimaker 2. I was very frustrated with the company for many months. I was told, using Apple as an example, that they do not release the dates of when a new model comes out. Well, Apple always releases new updates on their annual meeting! Bad example.

So...be very careful what you say. :)

• Like 1