A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

Morning guys.

I had a nice little idea.

When I lived in Ireland, it was very normal for people to ask you how your day was or how yesterday was. It was a simple sign that people wanted to learn a little more about you and were interested in you.

I really miss that since im living in Germany. If you ask a german you work with, how was his day... he normally thinks.. why are you asking me this and I dont have to tell you.... its a very different mentality and not a good or happy one..

So because there is such an amazing and warm friends atmosphere here on ultimaker, I thought it would be a nice simple idea to have a tread where people could chat and learn a little bit more about each other.

Im sure all our lives are not 100% dedicated to 3D printing and its often really interesting and nice to learn more about the person behind the avatar !

Ian :-)

• Like 2

Examples to demonstrate things are always good :smile:

Yesterday evening I was tricked a little. I fell asleep on the sofa for half an hour. when I woke up. my girlfriend asked to go for a nice walk... no problem.. jumped into my jacket and away we went.. my girlfriend kept steering us in the direction of the supermarket.. a strange direction for a nice walk.. ? as we stood infront of the super market... she smiled and said.. wouldnt pasta with mince be really really tasty tonight ??... i just looked at her... this is why we went for a nice evening walk. ? she just winked and smiled.... fooled again ... LOL

Up to now it was pretty good thanks!:)

Sipping the last cup of morning coffee, before I jump on my bike, to start up the8 UM1's to try and lay a EGG again.

Nice sunny weather here in Tilburg, so looking forward to a good day!!!

Looking forward to coming home as well, I might even find a mail about a certain youmagine ultibot? Hint hint ;)

Ich wünsche Ihnen auch einen schönen Tag!!!!!

Kees

Hi guys,

Think this is a nice idea!

Up to now my day is great. Nice but cold weather outside, no interrest to go to work today so simply took one day off :-)

Will do a little tweak on my UM1 and my foam corsair model plane...

Hope you enjoy your day too :-)

Hi all,

Having a good day also for the moment. I'm at work and i just finished a chat with two colleagues who own a 3d printer (Velleman K8200) I showed them some prints from my UM2 and they are disgusted by the awesome quality :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I even offered them to print some stuff for them :cool:

Can't wait to get back home to test some few more prints day are seeming much longer at work now that i have my printer ^^

I am still recovering from a Kidney transplant (for my mother, 2 years ago), that went horribly wrong,

and yesterday I realised that, while my body is recovering, I still have some psychological issues :(

that explains my outbursts on the forum a bit, sorry about that :oops:

dont worry Zeno!! I think you dont loose friends too easy here ;-) Good luck with your new kidney !! fingers and toes crossed !

im sitting infront of my office computer.. nothing to do like normal...

so just doing doodles of ideas for ultimaker feeders. .. its a pity I dont have solidworks in the office. I could get all my designed finished.. go home and print and test.. but when you have nothing to do at work.. I am even more tired when I get home and then getting myself motivated back into work in the evening is... getting harder....

so checking a few job websites.. read the new reprap magazine.. very interesting !! :-) and... doodling... ;-)

Ian

Same here lan ^^ i have the luck that i can install some stuff on my work computer and "work" a bit on designspark mechanical when i'm alone (i'm in a stupid openspace but i come to work at 7am so i'm pretty alone until 8am - 8:30am.

By the way i'm wondering how much does solidworks cost?

By the way i'm wondering how much does solidworks cost?

I think the price is "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" :rolleyes:

i just kept my stundent license.. its not the latest version but it does everything I need :-)

:mrgreen: Probably to expensive for me indeed. I did find a website in france where they are mentioning that the premium version is around 850€

Wish i was a student it's about 200€ for students.

Well i'll have to stay with my free version of DesignSpark Mechanical that does most of the stuff i want, it's just that i find the solidworks files more sexy

Last time I looked, I thought the student licence automatically expired after 12 months or so.

:mrgreen: Probably to expensive for me indeed. I did find a website in france where they are mentioning that the premium version is around 850€

Did you miss a zero off the end of that?

You definitively missed a zero... the standard version is already 6600€..

dont worry Zeno!! I think you dont loose friends too easy here :wink: Good luck with your new kidney !! fingers and toes crossed !

Ian :smile:

Ha :), no I gave a kidney to my mother, she has now three :shock:

You definitively missed a zero... the standard version is already 6600€..

:shock: :shock:

Okay so i'll definitely stay with my free cad software :geek:

Ugg.

Ask me again Ian, after a couple more cups of coffee....

I'm going to be helping out at the local high school "science and technology expo" in 2 weeks. I'll be doing planetarium shows all day in a portable planetarium (I have done over 250 of them over the last 15 years).

But also at the expo I will be loaning them my 2 Ultimakers (an Original and a "2") and they will be printing for 4 hours. I can't be at the booth so I need it to run very smoothly. I will be training someone this weekend. Anyway I spent all last Saturday redesigning the "stretchlet". I didn't like how the letters came out for the one created on thingiverse and the design that ultimaker uses is much more comfortable than most (it has no sharp corners that touch your skin) so I ended up doing the whole damn stretchlet from scratch using sketchup (designspark doesn't do text). Took me 10 iterations (I have the 10 reject bracelets to prove it) but now I have the perfect stretchlet/bracelet for the expo. Sander gave me the code that UM uses to make stretchlets and I stole the code they use to knock one off and print another. I printed 25 stretchlets unattended and they came out perfect. Now if you simply turn on my UM Original it heats up and starts printing stretchlets. No need to grab the PLA with tweezers - I made my own custom wipe with gcode.

Sunday I spent all day in CAD re-inventing the local high school with all its false fronts and overhangs and details and Sunday night printed a replica of the HS. Will be printing that on the UM2 during the Expo (with a completed one nearby).

That was my weekend!

Just sat down with my afternoon cup of tea, and to catch up on the forum.

(who wants to drink all that nasty coffee muck) :p:p:p

Ducks head quickly.

Had a meeting with a company in Birmingham, I finished the meeting...then dismantled their 3D printer to see what was inside :p. Didnt feel like going back to the office...so here I am, at home, coffee in hand...wondering what to print :p

Well 6 o-clock has come and gone and so ends another day at work.

Now for the good bit, grub then pub.

Over and out.

Morning people's,

Off to the dentist this morning for my 6 monthly checkup, and printed a box last night. If I survive the former, I'll tell you about the latter later.

Enjoy your mug of tea.

good luck.... I break into a swet even when I hear the word.. dentist... LOL

Its lovely and sunny here in east germany this morning.

I love hearing the birds singing in the trees... :-)

I was actually really happy with myself last night, I focused and did 5 hours of solidworks on my new feeder design.. Its coming on really good and I printed the first 6 parts of the assembly last night. So atleast that keeps my mind a little sharp and thinking.. :-)

I saved my design as a STL and sent it to myself last night.. so atleast I can open it in Cinema in the office and work out the next steps of the design... release switch.. using flexable filament and only using two screws for fixing and the other two are kept so the motor is always attached... a nice idea from George :-)

Last thing which was funny... driving through Leipzig yesterday after work.. 3 school children ran infront of me... i was alert and could break in time.. they said nothing and ran further... I wondered why they would run like crazy and so dangerous... they stopped 10 meters away and stood there like focused gentlemen... reading the opening hours of the local ice cream shop.... the important things in life ;-) LOL

Haha Ian that`s funny... oh how I remember being a kid with no worries in life :p

As I was home early yesterday, I managed 3 hours of modelling in Creo....with the trusty UM2 sat next to me doing its thang!

I think I am getting PLA fume poisoning ..and I love it ! haha