A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

thank god !! its a rare thing and we are all very lucky to have it here :smile: :smile: :smile:

So why does the image of a huge UM robot sitting on a leather chair, asking how 'my day went ' and if 'I want to talk about it' suddenly pops up?

Mweh, probably won't have anything to do with this topic...

Hmmm... just watched the season finale of The Walking Dead..already wishing for the start of next season !! Had a glass or two of red wine... now having a hundred thoughts about how a bunch of us ultimaker forum members can put all of our creative minds together, start a profitable design and print business and work for ourselves.. making whatever we want .. when we want !! :p

OK... back to wine I go... oh and im having horrible twisting filament issues arrgghhh !!! Im gonna take a carving knife to it!

And I'm on a business trip to Chile, already missing my Ultimaker with all its underextrusions and the beautiful music of printing. Does it count as a coffee cup? I can make some in my room. :)

Happy tuesday to all of you.

Been starting to run for a couple of weeks, it seems that i have to loose weight :mrgreen: Anyway yesterday, knowing i would not have much time to play with my printer i started a small print (cuddling owls) but in high quality 0.06mm layers and in slow speed so that i could have a good example of a quality print to show.

Went perfect except for the ear because my stupid brain forgot to check the cool head lift option...

A part from that another day at work beginning here in the sunny luxembourg. Decided it was time to upload a few pics of my latest test prints. Have to work today :geek: :eek: :???: :mad:

the little blue owls are really lovely Didier ! :-)

Dont worry about the ears.. you can always print new ones in a different color and call them cousins ! ;-)

Happy to hear you have something to do in the office today.. makes the day go faster.

Im sitting down here looking at my calender with a growing list of TO DO things today.. But have a nice meeting at 5 today with a publishing house. They want to publish a photo book using images from my photo collection. So thats cool.

Also... a little yippee. I got an invitation to a new solidworks design job... have to phone the boss today and organise a meeting next week. Fingers crossed.

Ian :-)

ps. the sun is now slowly starting to sneak out between the bear naked trees... :-)

Morning people's,

I had one of those musical moments earlier. I'm printing out this crown from thingiverse,

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:80709

And was amazed to to hear the steppers turn out a very good version of "god save the queen". It happens at the pointy bits about half way up. I'll set it going again later and get you a video of it.

Morning people's,

I had one of those musical moments earlier. I'm printing out this crown from thingiverse,

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:80709

And was amazed to to hear the steppers turn out a very good version of "god save the queen". It happens at the pointy bits about half way up. I'll set it going again later and get you a video of it.

But you have to make sure that combing is enabled. If you don't you get 'Het Wilhelmus' a bit below the point you indicated.

I have to try this with a dark vador print, i want to hear the imperial march theme played by my ultimaker ^^

Ok, I tried to get a video of this together, but for some inexplicable reason its not working this afternoon.

:???:: :???:: :???:: :???:: :twisted:

Mowed the grass! Cleaned the dishes. Ordered chinese takeaway. Walking to shop for a few bottles of beer.

Happy Days!

You didnt say I couldnt post Boring things here Ian haha :p

Morning World !

Wanted to do more solidworks last night but at 8.. my body just collapsed and i fell into bed. I do really think not having any real work in work.. is actually knocking the stuffing out of me somehow ?

Its werid.. you would think that being too busy will burn the body out but also when you are ignored and given no chance to learn and grow... a part of your body or mind starts to shut down... its a mix... work.... ;-( come home... create cool ultimaker upgrades.. :smile: :smile: :smile: and then sleep... thats my life at the moment... thats not good....

But in two weeks im taking a one week holiday for Easter.. driving down into Bavaria and drinking a nice beer.. walking through the mountains.. talking to crazy farmers and trying to understand Bavarian german... will be lovely I think.. Also doing 2 job interviews when im there for 2 large production companies producing plastic injection moulded parts for the car industry. all yummy solidworks work... fingers crossed and wish me good luck... :smile:

So now... making a cup of tea ....

Ian :smile:

Haha, My daughter always goes for a run when she needs some energy. Sitting around with nothing to do is definitely tiring, so GOOD LUCK with your job interviews. I hope you kissed that stone(*) before you left the emerald isle.

So now... making a cup of tea ....

Yay! weened you off the nasty coffee yuk muk we have. :p

(*) For any one who does not know, the blarney stone is part of the battlements at the top of blarney castle. You have to lean backwards over the edge whilst holding on for dear life just to reach it. And people queue up to kiss a boulder that half the world has been slobbering over. :wub: It's a funny old world.

GOOD LUCK IAN :)

Things i have learned today:

if someone try to move Google maps with shift+rightklick, he is using Cura!

I don't think I've used the right button combination for that in cura on the first try, ever. Drives me insane.

Couple of minutes ago - very light but palpably shaking of furniture and the rest of the things on my 10th floor in Santiago, Chile.

That's my day...

Shurik, I thought of you when I heard about the earthquake in Chile. Glad your OK :)

im working behind the old Iron Curtain.. so all I heard was... Wonderful Communist Tectonic Plates Punishes Evil Capatilists today with Earth Quake.. I love fair and equal reporting.. LOLL :wink:

Happy to hear your OK Shurik !! :smile:

Have a safe flight back home OK !!

Ian :smile:

Yellow Tail - Australian Shiraz red wine.

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:)

More of the terminator arm is printing at the moment...I cant watch a movie and relax anymore without wanting to run to my other love in my life (UM2) and see if shes OK lol :p

I'm sitting here with shaky hands, a slight bit of lingering nausea and breathing a bit more rapidly than normal. No, nothing bad has happened, I just started working out again...

MAN what a difference a few months of inactivity can make, holy shit. Last January I made a promise to myself to get off my ass and get my gut in check. I delivered on that promise and dropped about 8kg of weight in three months and reached my "happy weight". I kept at it for another couple of months and got in pretty decent shape (the workout I did on day one now felt like warm-up). Hell I even got a hint of 6 pack going. Then I ripped something in the side and had to stop. I still feel a bit of it in the side after months of doing fuck all, but today I stepped on the scales again for the first time in a long time. 3kg gained and the gut is back... so today was the day I said "fuck this, time to push through it no matter what".

Well, I made it through 1/3 of the workout before getting that horrible pukey feeling where all you can do is lay down and fight the urge to puke and wait for it to go away. Oh well, at least I'm back on it and it can only get better from here (provided my side doesn't give out again).

I'm doing P90X3 this time around for anyone interested. Did Power90 and half of P90Masters before.

End rant :p

Wow that looks extreme ^^

Been doing some workout too for a couple of weeks (more than 2 years without moving my lazy ass).

Hopefully i'll get some amazing results as this:

9-before-after-12-week-program-funny.jpg

I already managed to loose about 5kg which is good i guess. It's just hard to not eat all i want and to run a couple of times a week.

The problem for me is the eating part. When I stopped working out my eating habbits returned to their "normal" horrible patterns. I can easily go a whole day without eating more than an apple and a sandwich for example. And of course I started eating candy again which is my only "drug" (no coffee/tea/smokes/alcohol/etc). Staying disciplined and remembering to eat 5 times a day is a pain for me. Doesn't help that I absolutely hate cooking either :p

It's not as extreme as it looks. All the exercises have modified versions if you're not up to a level where you can do them all out. I'm not saying it's easy, you'll be sweating your ass off if you push yourself, but it's doable for most people. Starting with Power90 is probably a good idea though if you're completely new. It's a much more mellow start. That one is pretty dated now though and can get boring after a while since you're only alternating between two workouts. The newer programs have a ton of variety so you don't get bored. Going out for a run is something I would never do, way too boring for me.

Bah, wall of text in the making... time to stop.