A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

Staying disciplined and remembering to eat 5 times a day is a pain for me. Doesn't help that I absolutely hate cooking either :p

I hear ya brotha!

Just stay fat & die happy :) I planned to get fit in January, so I arranged to join a 6-aside football team. Turned up on my first evening, played for 30 minutes and then torn the ligaments in my left ankle... so now I am doing F all again haha.

I had a Ultrasound checkup at the hospital today, I was pretty nervous for days,

but there was nothing wrong and all seems to be in the clear :eek:

it looks like I can finally go on with my life after more then 2 years of illness and hospitalization,

after my kidney transplant for my mother went wrong (she's doing great)

it feels a bit weird :grin:

working with my Ultimaker helped me from going insane ;)

Hey Xeno,

That's great to hear. Now it's party time right? Now go out and celebrate (and don't forget a healthy supply of stretchy bracelets for the ladies ;) ).

I had a Ultrasound checkup at the hospital today, I was pretty nervous for days,

it looks like I can finally go on with my life after more then 2 years of illness and hospitalization,

im happy to hear things are working out for you thank god !

My girlfriend had lost both her kidneys and did dialysis in hospital for 14 years.. 4 days out of every 7 she was plugged into a maschine..

Then after loosing her sight because of the raising blood pressure.. she had to be operated to keep her alive 37 times.. Her belly looks like she was shot with a maschine gun... so from an observers perspective.. I have high respect for people that servive these nightmares in life...

so top respect to you Sir !! :-)

Thats it.. I was going to chat about my evening but after that... all I will say now is... God Bless you all and its an honour to know you all !!

Good night.

Ian :-) :-)

Good morning guys :-)

So sitting down.. the office is strangly quiet this morning.. ?

Have a nice fresh cup of tea made.. and sitting infront of Cineam4D modelling my version .. 5 of my new feeder system.

There are little benafits to no one careing what you do.. always... but its a blessing short lived..

But im really looking forward to next week. Iv booked a week off holidays and doing some job interviews down in beautiful Bavaria. Doing a jumping tour of southern germany... Nurenburg.. Regensburg.. Munich... Salsburg... Berchesgarden... back up to Ulm.. Stuttgart... Frankfurt and back over to Leipzig..

Please god the weather plays ball and we get a few nice days..

To keep the budget down low.. we are kitting out the back of our car like a little B&B.. bed.. food drinks and camping in the car for a week. Parking up in forests and in the country at night and then finding out where the local swimming pools are for a little washy washy.. so things dont get too.. natural... LOL ;-)

Should be a cool adventure :-)

Ian :-)

Hey Ian. When will you be near Frankfurt? I am in Wiesbaden (not far from Frankfurt). Wanna meet up?

Oh sweet jeebus, trying to do yoga with serious muscle soreness + being stiff in general isn't the easiest thing in the world. Good thing no one could see me :D But at least I got my sweat on so it's all good.

Ian, that sounds like an awesome trip.... apart from the washy washy natural bit lol

Hey Ian. When will you be near Frankfurt? I am in Wiesbaden (not far from Frankfurt). Wanna meet up?

That would be very cool !

Can you send me your handy number to my email ian.spring@gmail.com

Ill start spamming your SMS inbox when im starting into that part of Germany :-)

Cool !

Oh sweet jeebus, trying to do yoga with serious muscle soreness + being stiff in general isn't the easiest thing in the world. Good thing no one could see me :D But at least I got my sweat on so it's all good.

Robert keep up the good work... not only for you but for us... every time i read about you doing sports.. i look down at my growing irish belly and say.. your next mister.. of course the fact that i hate the 12 hours im away at work these days.. does not really fill me with energy and dedication to start into sports... the whole moral just slowly sinks lower and lower...

God... please let me score a new interesting job.. new location.. fresh ideas... and a drive to make things better :-)

see the ultimaker forum can also be used for praying !! ;-) LOL

Hey Ian i am also away 12hours a day for work.

It's not easy to still have motivation to go out and exercice but once you have taken the step to gear up and go out it's all good.

The feeling after is good, i have to stay 9h at my desk at work + 3h in total in my car. So running (in my case) takes a lot of stress of you shoulders. And i also sleep better now. And my Belgian Beer belly is reducing which is a good plus too ^^

Except that i'll be going to the Belgium Coast next week for a couple of days, i'm still hesitating to bring the UM2 with me ^^ -, not sur if it's a good idea to make it travel on the crappy belgian roads.

Hi Xeno,

That is very good news! Congratulations.

I am glad you can now continue life again without hopefully

having to worry to much about things.

Next week I am going to a festival here in the Netherlands, which should be great fun.

Going with a nice group of friends.

I don't have any holiday plans yet, cause I am house-hunting.

Ian, you should bring your Ultimaker.

Perhaps you can find some cheap / free stays and offer your 3D Printing services as compensation ;)

Hi Xeno,

That is very good news! Congratulations.

I am glad you can now continue life again without hopefully

having to worry to much about things.

Next week I am going to a festival here in the Netherlands, which should be great fun.

Going with a nice group of friends.

I don't have any holiday plans yet, cause I am house-hunting.

Ian, you should bring your Ultimaker.

Perhaps you can find some cheap / free stays and offer your 3D Printing services as compensation ;)

nice idea Sander !!

Robert keep up the good work... not only for you but for us... every time i read about you doing sports.. i look down at my growing irish belly and say.. your next mister..

I'll do my best ;) But I don't think anyone wants daily updates so I'll let you guys know how I get on in a few weeks again :)

The good thing about these programs is that you don't have to go anywhere and it's done in 30-40 minutes (depending on if you do extra warmup or not). All you need is some weights or resistance bands. A pull-up bar is recommended and I'm working on getting that but my silly plastic door surrounds don't really hold up for one of those things you stick in a door way. Sometimes I really wish I lived in a house..

In other news, went to the unemployment office today for a meeting, yay... I've been out of work for so long now that I'm entering a new "phase" over there where I actually get some damn help. Imagine that, getting actual help from the unemployment office, what a fantastic concept...

I miiight have gotten real lucky as the woman I saw had a "learners position" or whatever it'd be called in English doing some PHP programming available. I hope that goes through, would be great. If I don't get a full on job after, at least I will have gotten my programming back up to more modern standards and have a reference. Having to get up in the mornings again will suck though :D Being "free" for so long means you get real lazy with that stuff.

WTF Robert? How can someone with your modelling skills be unemployed?

And I heard you say PHP and modern... I, well, don't want to start a flame war but if you want something modern, you'll have to put on your hipster hat, grab the smug mug and learn Objective-C like all self respecting iOS developer kiddies these days :cool:

No coffee for me today. I switched to tea as the thermometer said 38°C when I took my temperature this morning and I feel like filament squeezed through a 0.4mm nozzle... :sad:

Oh... I`m also amazed that Robert is unemployed... WTF!

Robert... when I finally think of a successful 3D design and Printing company idea that means we can sit an play with our UMs, you`ll be the first on my Designer wish list :p

I am employed... but not enjoying it. Grass is always greener.

Thanks for the kind words guys but really I'm just an amateur. It's like comparing someone who plays around with an Arduino to someone who programs FPGAs for a living. I can get the job done but there's duct tape and chewing gum here and there :p

The big FPGA guys do not always know what they do, but don't tell anyone :)

so a colleague of mine gave me a funny look a few minutes ago.

Im busy printing out my CV and portfolio for the monday interview.. I think she spotted it in the copy room... Kinda a big give away.. mm I wonder what Ian is doing... LOL

But I got some nice things together,, have to do a little shopping after work.. tank the car.. oil .. window washer ligquid.. check the air pressure on the tyres .... I think thats it..

Im really excited... going through the mountains of southern germany and through northern austria and back up though the black forest... all the time camping in the back of our ford kuga.. :-)

So if anyone sees a white ford kuga with a very proud blue ultimaker robot on the back side.. THATS ME BABY !! ;-)

Here is the route at the moment.

satruday. Nurenburg

sunday Regensburg

monday.. north of Munich.. job interview

monday. Chiemsee betwen Munich and Salzburg

tueday. Salzburg

wednesday. Berchesgarden

thursday. Krimml WaterFall Austria (5th largest waterfall in the world :-)

friday. Vaduz Leichtenstein

saturday. Ulm Germany / Stuttgart

Sunday: Frankfurt.

Monday. Home

and of course relaxed and ready for work Tuesday morning !! ;-) oh wait.. i have nothing to do in the office... HAHAHAH.... :-(

How was the interview Ian ? :)

I went hiking all weekend too, went to Wales and Hiked up Snowdon ( largest mountain in wales ). Sat in my office now, with achey legs! Wishing I was back on that mountain.

I had a cheeky day out of the office yesterday and attended a D3D Live exhibition. Full of 3D printers and scanner and all designer stuff... keyshot, CREO, Solidworks etc. Makerbot were there and stand was busy... shame I didn't see Ultimaker :(

I was offered a job too, which was nice :)

Nursing a bad hangover this morning, as I started drinking at 2pm and got home at 1 am :shock: :???: :???: :???:

Didn't get to D3D, but I did make it over to MACH at the NEC on Friday.

Creat3D were there showing my two favourite printers, the UP and UM2.

They also had a replicator and Leapfrog Creatr there. The Creatr was on my shortlist before buying the UM2. It has a huge print volume but no heated bed.

Hey Skint.

Here you go mate.

hangover.jpg