Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

good morning Didier ! :-)

I orientated the model... like im holding it with the base down... because the outside and inside surface has a nice gradula curve and i printed at .1mm, there was no stringing or sagging.. just fantastic surfaces...

really... get an ultimaker 2.. make good clean models and you cant ask for better.. the quality of my prints is just stunning...when you put the models in your hand.. they feel like professional injection molded parts... crazy good :)

Ian :)

i wanted to post something more organic in contrast to all the great mechanical prints

Cockadoodle

just to show that the UM1 is still a very awesome machine :)

colorfabb XT / 0.08 mm Layers / no Support / printed the shoes seperately and glued them on / shoes were scanned using a primesense and skanect / 15 cm high / only light sanding / a lot of primer and tamiya spraypaint

i think engineering designs are sometimes easier to create than organic forms.. personnely speaking that is !

I love your creation... beautiful print work with a top notch paint job !!!

fantastic !!!

good morning Didier ! :smile:

I orientated the model... like im holding it with the base down... because the outside and inside surface has a nice gradula curve and i printed at .1mm, there was no stringing or sagging.. just fantastic surfaces...

really... get an ultimaker 2.. make good clean models and you cant ask for better.. the quality of my prints is just stunning...when you put the models in your hand.. they feel like professional injection molded parts... crazy good :)

Thanks Lan :) i'm very confident with my choice off the UM2 when i see all the quality prints that are shown here.

You printed with no support? Amazing quality

@Bauermaker very nice print :)

Thanks Lan :) i'm very confident with my choice off the UM2 when i see all the quality prints that are shown here.

You printed with no support? Amazing quality

@Bauermaker very nice print :)

zero support of course :-) :-)

Lennart, impressible quality.What is the source of this print?

Sigi

Hey Sigi,

Actually, it's form a site which offers a "sort of free with a limit" ( 10 a month iirc), it is made by Autodesk Premium ( user?).

have a look over at:

http://www.123dapp.com/123C-3D-Model/Bill-Clinton/865700

I just saw that the user created over 15000 models.. even parts like the liver, colons etc. Dig in my fellow printy buddies! I see 3D model loot!Yarrr!

But I digress..

Thanks for the interest!

Cheers!

this maschine is going to HAMMER OUT anything you THROUGH AT IT !!

heh, anything going through it ;)

Seriously though, I agree everything is just too good.

Yesterday My girlfriend asked if I could fix her closet.

Of course 3D printing can!

result:

3D printing in the closet

PS. I noticed that a horizontal top layer, Colorfabb XT needs more than 0.8mm shell thickness. Anyone can acknowledge?

Aw yiss this is awesome! The only problem is where to pick the parts up.

"more organic"

I really laughed more than I should after I saw you writing this, and then looking at the picture!

Thanks for making my day ;)

Cheers!

Ok, I've added parts for 608 bearings now. But they are not tested so "buyer beware".

Cool, many thanks Robert!

owl friends

I thought I should also contribute once again.

Only days away before I can start my journey into the depths of Zbrush, so for the time being I can only contribute with

existing models who we have all seen before many times.

But I thought I would share this one.

The red owls are printed at 20 micron on an Ultimaker 2.

One of the ears is a bit messed up because I only printed 1 pair and the nozzle will stay on that tiny spot throughout the entire end of the print. Hence: Melty ear. I am printing 3 at the same time now, hopefully with nice and shiny ears tomorrow morning.

Don't know if I already saw a 20 micron Ultimaker 2 print on here before. Anyone?

The other one is actually one of my first successful woodfill prints from Colorfabb.

Before I was struggling with underextrusion a lot, because I was using low temperatures. (I thought I was suppose to).

But I cranked it up to approx 220°C/225°C and it went down easy.

I did turn retraction off tho, next time I will try with retraction.

Have a great evening all!

Nice one. I love this model - already printed it many times as a gift for the family. Did you use the default 0.4 nozzle for the woodfill one?

in the woodfill. the poor little two owels look like they have been forgotten in a lost corner for years... poor owels... !

IMG 9836

Cup mould for a 3d scan of my wife printed on the ultimaker 2 and cast in clay. Just need to get a small kiln to fire it.

Richard.... FANTASTIC !!

Hi Richard, great print.

Can you write up a short story about how you made this?

I am sure a lot of people would like to know :)

Before I got my um2 my favourite thing was agisoft photoscan ( photogrammetry software), which gave me a nice sharp 3d scan of my wife's head. I edited the mesh and included a handle.To make the mould I created a box and Boolean subtracted the cup in the centre of the box and in meshmixer I split the box in two halves to make mould.

I printed both halves of the mould separately, sliced in cura using expert settings. layer height 0.1 with an infill of 5% and no supports.

once the mould had printed I put both halves together and added the soft natural clay around the imprint making sure the I used enough pressure to capture all the detail. I used a pestle with a bit of water to smooth out the inside of the cup. I waited for it to dry and then removed from the mould. my first attempt came out perfect except the handle got ripped off in the mould due to the clay shrinkage so adding the handle needs to be done once removed from the mould.

Sadly I had to remake this since my 5 year old daughter got hold of it and dropped it on the floor. luckily I had the mould and can make as many of these as I need.

I will post some more photos of the process soon.

My first job for a client :smile:

100 pieces of a miniature couch. Over 150 hours of almost work non-stop, plus priming and painting, but it was worth it.

Modeled in 123d Design and texture applied using 3D Coat.

Sofa miniatures

Sofa miniature

Wow, very nice. Are the cloth parts real or just insanely well painted?

or maybe thats a new print material filament ?.... pillow .. ;) LOL

No wait, that's just heavily underextruded PLA, pressed down to a fluffy heap :p

Wow, very nice. Are the cloth parts real or just insanely well painted?

or maybe thats a new print material filament ?.... pillow .. ;) LOL

No wait, that's just heavily underextruded PLA, pressed down to a fluffy heap :p

That's a new material called Filacloth. It's nice to touch, ultra light and you can dye it like nylon! :p:p:p

Just kidding... I've asked for a seamstress to make the pads for me, since my sewing skills aren't that good.

Thanks for the compliments, guys!

iPhone 5 Case I'm still working on customizing it but so far the gears came out pretty good on White PLA Printed at 100% speed and layer height 0.1..