Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

HI owen ! :smile:

i printed it as one single piece with very thin supports that went though the structure, only 1mm thick and broke out like toilet paper... perfect but when i cleaned the roof and placed it on the wall section last night, i noticed even with my hotbed, the ends of the roof had warped up about 1mm.... this does not look good when placed flat on the wall section.

so options...

(sand and cut down the middle of the bottom of the roof so its flat.)

or

???... combine the top wall model with the roof model as one single model file,,, then the printer will first print the normal walls and openings and use the walls as the support for the roof.... im kinda dumb that i didnt think of that before... then that means there will be a lot more model contact with the print bed and bingo... flat model with sexy roof !

Ian :smile:

i think with a combined model file of walls and roof, the spacing between the open roof and walls is quite small, so not a big problem for the printer, plus with the walls combined to the under side of the roof, you wont notice and see the bottom roof surface as much as when it is a single seperate part !

Ian :-)

cant wait to get home and continue the print... :-)

But --- to me -- that top part of the walls was the most interesting. I'd hate to hide it under the roof. Will the rooms all have high ceilings like that? Or will it have flat ceilings and will that be a separate attic? If attic then fine - hide it. If it is part of the room space then it is going to make for interesting rooms and should be prominent (not hidden under roof). :-P

any cool new prints from the weekend guys ?

no one.... mmmm.... :-(

ok... THEN ME... :-)

anyone want me to tighten their screws ? ;-) lol

screws

Apparently I don't have permission to view your image. But it looks like a superbly clean print from the thumbnail! I saw that on thingiverse a few days ago. How well does it work?

Been working on a bunch of things this weekend, but none that are done yet... I'm finding I tend to overengineer stuff nowadays...

I did however managed to put up all my stuff onto a blog site though. Helps keep focus, and having a centralized place to direct people. Check it out.

http://www.redicubricks.com/

dont ask me why you cant view the image... weird :-( i just added to my gallery on the forum and then clicked add My Media and there it is... we should really ask the IT what is going on there ?

About a centralised store for your models and projects.. i fully agree ! apart from 3d printing, I also for a hobby collect the first ever color film footage from around the world... i now have about 24,000 PLUS original color photos (35mm slides) from between 1935 and 1945... After many years of collecting I really felt that there was no way to organise this monster mountain of photographic material... so i built a forum platform called pixpast. its open for anyone to join but for me, its a place in the world where i can drink a tea and organise things. referenece material and also ID locations with the help of many great people...

The funny thing is. since I have started to publicly display and organise on my collection online, I have got so many donations from people around the world.. that the collection or archive is just bursting at the seems now... even more !!... ;-) LOLL

gallery_64_42_46355.jpg

I did help an architect to print his maquette. It was a surprise for me that it could print without support with tons of overhangs!

To prevent the warping of the corners, I taped over the brim after it was printed, that helped a lot..

The final print took 24 hours, printed slowly, 25mm/sec to get the collums nice and clean.

building

great print Peggy !! :-)

you got the columns and facade details brilliantly... RESPECT !

any cool new prints from the weekend guys ?

Ian :smile:

New Prints?...

Playing with Kinect for windows.. :cool:

WP 000717

the quality is pritty damn good ! :-)

Ian

Hi!

New Prints?...

Playing with Kinect for windows.. :cool:

Very nice!

What software suite do you use with the kinect to make those models?

++

Gaël

Hi!

Very nice!

What software suite do you use with the kinect to make those models?

++

Gaël

Hi Gaël,

I've downloaded software from microsoft, kinect for windows SDK.

Works fine, only play around with the settings

very cool ! i have to give this a try :-)

Ian

My first voronoi test!

I used a model of a stratocaster guitar and made it voronoi style. Printing is a bit difficult, but it came out resonably well.

Guitar

Printed 0.2mm in transprant blue

Also just for fun some pics of my new ultimaker stand

Ultimaker stand2

Ultimaker stand

your blue transparent pla print looks really really good.. very very clean print.. did you use the default retraction settings or did you beef it up a bit ?

ps. very good ultimaker display ! :-)... does it not drive the receptionist totally crazy when it prints for a few hours..;-)

Would be fun if it was running on a battery pack and was moving around through the room spitting out auto-robots. (and get you a coffee while it is at it)

Or you could make it in a way that the prints would fall in a cabinet down in the display, available for grabs.

cool idea Sander... spitting out little blue ultimaker robots into a little front tray.... nice :-)

Ian

its monday morning and no new prints ... :-(

to be honest, i printed the last of my model house last night, was still printing at 0.06 layer height this morning at breakfast, so guess thats finished... photos to come !

then, i have to design and print some holders for security alarms for some friends... then hopefully tonight, printing a new vase design i did at the weekend. really looking forward to that... so new photos come from me... atleast ;-) tonight.

Ok, i have one for you Ian.

Dual Color Globe

It was my like, 3rd dual color print i made about 2 weeks ago.

I was pretty satisfied with the quality. Except for the bottom i hardly had to clean up anything.

A few 'worms' on one side, but they were easily removed.

very cool print sander !

is this dual model on youmagine ?

also whats happening with your purble pla ? it kinda looks like under extrusion possible ? or your extruder screw might be a tiny but too tight and pushing on the incoming pla or you are printing 5 or 10 grad to low....

interesting.. :smile:

Ian

I had some issues with regulating the temperature at that point, since i have dual fans and at the first attempts they blew my print away (they were cooling way too hard!) so maybe that still reflects on this print.

I don't think it is my feeder, i would go for temperature.

I found the model on th-somethingsomething-rse. Don't know if it is uploaded in YouMagine.

Unfortunately, i can't make that decision for everyone :sad:

once again no photos from me.. yes i am ashamed of myself ! :-(

but on the brighter side of life.. I have just finished my complete german house model yesterday and last night started a new interesting print job... a Vase design I made two weeks ago, which I have been dieing to print... it uses every mm of free space in my ultimaker, takes more than 37 meters of PLA. layer height 0.06 and an estimated print time of.... drum roll please... 78 hours.. hehe.

so the longest complete print from me atleast until now...