Getting close to that release... 15.01-RC11

Daid

Posted · Getting close to that release... 15.01-RC11

Got an RC11 for you guys:

http://software.ultimaker.com/Cura_closed_beta/

Fixed the problems with the UM2 firmware build. So it should include the "change filament while paused" function now. As well as fixing the loading/unloading speed.

It also contains a change list now, compared to 14.12.1

Pretty sure this will be the 15.01 release soon.

Thanks!!!

I don't know when you added this feature (been on 14.12RC9 for a while) but I love that it now pulls over the machine data from the previous installs! That was the main reason I wasn't keeping up with the beta releases, because I was tired of recreating several machines every time I moved to a new version.

...Now you just need to default to enabling retractions on long comb moves and everything will be perfect.... eh? eh????

Maybe it is only me but I have to problems:

1. The Display shows sometimes printing: e or after filament change printing: emp instead of Mount.gcode

2. After pausing the print and changing the filament the fan speed was set to zero and I had to manually set it back to 100%

After install UM2 can't read Sd Card, reverted back to RC9 and it worked again

Nick you can do that with the Retract while combing plugin.

EDIT: you can also set the combing off on skin now with RC11. Woohoo!!

Yeah... but plugins break/get lost between version upgrades, and it is unfortunate to need a plugin to access a setting that is unequivocally better than the standard behavior.

Like mentioned in my edit its now part of the version itself.

In the expert settings you can tell the combing to be off, no skin or all.

The mm^3 in the tooltip is great!!! Thank you for that (I dont remember who asked for it but it was a good idea)

Maybe it is only me but I have to problems:

1. The Display shows sometimes printing: e or after filament change printing: emp instead of Mount.gcode

2. After pausing the print and changing the filament the fan speed was set to zero and I had to manually set it back to 100%

1) Fixed that for the next version.

2) Strange, the change material and pause functions are not touching the fan at all... I'll try to reproduce it first.

Also fixed that the abort now almost instantly aborts instead of executing 16 more moves (think Tinkergnome managed to trigger me on how to do this)

And the flow tooltip is a very old suggestion that got lost at some point. Pretty sure there was a custom patch for it at some point.

Also fixed that the abort now almost instantly aborts instead of executing 16 more moves (think Tinkergnome managed to trigger me on how to do this)

Really? I swear - this was a simple misunderstanding... :huh:

(damn - i hate these annoying merging sessions every evening...) :)

I can reproduce the fan problem

1. Stop the print after about 1cm high = fan 100%

2. Tune menu, hit pause = fan 100%

3. Pause menu = fan 100%

4. Hit return and change f. =fan 100%

5. New filament is in the nozzle hit ready = fan 100%

6. Then the choose Material menu appears = fan 0%

Next Problem I noticed:

Then I click “resume print” and the U2 extrudes to fast material, so you grind the filament most times to hard like in the earlier Cura versions 14.06 or what it was at that time (you probably know), before the head travels back to the object.

And the flow tooltip is a very old suggestion that got lost at some point. Pretty sure there was a custom patch for it at some point.

I like the detail for printing with x,x mm^3/s, but if you look at it in the advanced tab you will notice an error.

e.g. you use 0.0mm/s for bottom layer the tooltip will show 0.0mm^3/s. So maybe you could use the print speed variable if the advanced speed is not set / default.

With this release the head does not return to the back left corner after a material change. When I start a print the display reads Printing: e

Really? I swear - this was a simple misunderstanding... :huh:

(damn - i hate these annoying merging sessions every evening...) :)

Well, I'm talking to Gina (Octoprint) about printer communication at the same time. The combination of a few discussions let to the conclusion on how to fix it.

I like the detail for printing with x,x mm^3/s, but if you look at it in the advanced tab you will notice an error.

e.g. you use 0.0mm/s for bottom layer the tooltip will show 0.0mm^3/s. So maybe you could use the print speed variable if the advanced speed is not set / default.

Simple fix. Added right now.

With this release the head does not return to the back left corner after a material change. When I start a print the display reads Printing: e

The "Printing: e" is fixed for the next update. Simple oversight on my side.

Material change is a bit more complex one. I'll see if I can fix that (it has to do with the fact that the material chance can also be done from the print now, which makes it a more complex interaction in the code)

If at all possible, I would greatly appreciate if the incredibly annoying clipboard bug could be squashed (why is cura even looking at the clipboard in the first place?). The past couple of days it has stolen focus from another program causing me to have to redo something in the other program which made me... well, I wasn't smiling ;)

It's the only feature I added to cura :(

But yeah, it basicly looks at the clipboard to see if it can find a setting string (like you find at the end of the g-code). It was implemented as at the time a lot of people shared these on the forums. So if you copied them, Cura would automatically load them.

That sounds like a very minor convenience (that I've never heard anyone using) causing a much bigger annoyance. It's a nice idea, but if it doesn't work properly...

If at all possible, I would greatly appreciate if the incredibly annoying clipboard bug could be squashed (why is cura even looking at the clipboard in the first place?). The past couple of days it has stolen focus from another program causing me to have to redo something in the other program which made me... well, I wasn't smiling ;)

Yes. I better disable that. Sorry Nallath. But I agree on the fact that the feature is less valuable then the annoyance it causes when the error pops up.

Got an RC11 for you guys:

February is almost there so we will be able to reseed the RC counter...

The UMO display can't deal with 2 digits RC's

:p

(For the rest I can't really comment, I'm still an happy user of 14.07 ...)

Must.resist.making.douche.bag.it's.open.source.make.your.own.version.comment :D

February is almost there so we will be able to reseed the RC counter...

The UMO display can't deal with 2 digits RC's

(For the rest I can't really comment, I'm still an happy user of 14.07 ...)

Actually I only re-seed the RC counter when a release is done. 14.11 also rolled into 14.12 before release.

But, going to do final tests today, and then upload the release if I do not see any firmware issues.

And the best way to fix the UMO display problems is by buying an UM2 ;-) as it has room for exactly 1 more character.

Actually I only re-seed the RC counter when a release is done. 14.11 also rolled into 14.12 before release.

But, going to do final tests today, and then upload the release if I do not see any firmware issues.

And the best way to fix the UMO display problems is by buying an UM2 :wink: as it has room for exactly 1 more character.

jipeeee - best argument to spend a few hundred euros :-)

b.t.w. - CUS firmware on UMO, so I don´t care

Hi,

I just installed the 15.0.1 release. Immediate issue : can't see any printing time info, nor material weight info.

I run a previous 14.x release and it displays this info fine. Is this a known bug of the latest release ? (under win7)

Hi,

I just installed the 15.0.1 release. Immediate issue : can't see any printing time info, nor material weight info.

I run a previous 14.x release and it displays this info fine. Is this a known bug of the latest release ? (under win7)

Never seen that happening before (naturally, I tested the 15.01 release on Windows7 a few days before the actual release)

The lack of printing time info most likely means that the engine isn't starting properly.

Can you post the contents of:

C:\Users\[username]\.cura\15.01\output_log.txt

That might give a hint in what is going wrong.