general forum feedback

ultiarjan

Posted · general forum feedback

I'm getting so many notices that are ghost ones....

I can't think of any other sites I frequent that have so many basic issues with their forum/community website.  :(

Yup me too, if anything more now than before

• Replies 1.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello

I'm new here in Ultimaker Forum, and do not know quite what to do with my problem.

I wanted to expand my Ultimaker Profile complete and there always comes the error.

[media=10340][/media]

But had completed all the fields!

With Google Chrome browser, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer tried!

Maybe one of you knows advice.

Hello

I'm new here in Ultimaker Forum, and do not know quite what to do with my problem.

I wanted to expand my Ultimaker Profile complete and there always comes the error.

[media=10340][/media]

But had completed all the fields!

With Google Chrome browser, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer tried!

Maybe one of you knows advice.

This will be fixed today :)

On a bright note, the links from the notification area are taking me to the "unread" section now, thanks for restoring this functionality!

You're welcome! We fixed that today and also the edit profile / change settings bug. Users are now able to change settings and edit their profile again.

• Like 2

Hi @SandervG, there is a problem with the messaging function. On Sunday I sent a message(replying to someone who messaged me). Yesterday it was still not showing in my message display and it seemed likely that the recipient had not received the message. I resent it last night and when I awoke this morning it was in my message area and I had a reply from the recipient. But last night I then sent another message to the recipient and this morning that is not showing in my message area so I am assuming that again the recipient has not received the message.

This morning I sent another message to the same recipient requesting an email address so that we can use email instead and that message is showing in my message area.

Hi, thanks for sharing. Can you verify that all recipients were approved community members?

Hi @SandervG Well the scenario was that I was replying to a message someone sent to me. Would they have to be an approved community member to send me a message?

Yes they have to be. I'll pass on this information to my colleagues!

@SandervG, did you get my pm's? Some show, others don't :)

Also, on my phone, the forum still seizes media focus, stopping my music that was playing.

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

I thought that audio-bug was fixed a long time ago.

@titus, I believe I do! (just haven't replied yet :p)

@Yellowshark @Titus, can you let me know about what operating system you run?

Could you in a DM let me know who and when you sent these messages?

I believe we can check the log to look for any oddities.

Edited by Guest

Windows 7 SP1; DM on its way

• Like 1

Windows 10, latest Firefox, dm should give specifics.

Two things are somewhat troublesome:

- The blue overlay screen keeps popping up on every page after being idle a minute or so. This is slowly but surely causing irritation.

- I cannot seem to find a way of logging in. I need to attempt to start a new topic before I am prompted to log in, but just logging in does not appear to be possible. Though I might be missing something :)

Opposite for me; now I keep getting signed out (it is intermittent). before I could leave a page displaying, oh for ever really. Now if I leave it, oh say for an a couple of hours, when I come back I have to sign in again. Windows 7 SP1 & IE 11

Edited by Guest

- I cannot seem to find a way of logging in. I need to attempt to start a new topic before I am prompted to log in, but just logging in does not appear to be possible. Though I might be missing something :)

I click the sign up now button, and then there's a second tab in the popup: login instead.

Workarround for now :)

I click the sign up now button, and then there's a second tab in the popup: login instead.

Workarround for now :)

Thanks, that sort of works. I found a couple of other things that quickly annoy though:

- Not being able to login with your user name. A mail address typically is much longer than your alias.

- Having to type everything all over again is you mistype your password or user name. This issue and the previous one amplify each other.

- Again, the blue nag screen. As soon as I tried to remember my password, I got this blue screen again whether I wanted to sign up. Dismissing it meant I had to start all over again. That screen is seriously hurting the quality of this forum, it is a perfect way of scaring new folks away. It even pops up when scrolling through a page.

PdD8mMX.png

Good point, it is fairly normal not to have to sign in just to view a forum

Hi, you don't have to log in to view the forum.

And if you have auto-fill you can enter your email with just one or two letters.

When you have logged in once, and enable 'remember me' you also don't have to login again next time you visit except when you log in from a different computer. (it can only remember the login with a cookie).

Again, lot's of false notifications for me today.

I wish they would fix this 8)

It's driving me crazy also... #$@÷%$@& waste off my time.

Doopy doopy doop, dah dah dah

Hi, you don't have to log in to view the forum.

And if you have auto-fill you can enter your email with just one or two letters.

It is not about logging in to view the forums, it is about being nagged to death when you don't. Every time you do a quick check without logging in, the pop-up screen jumps in to spoil the fun. I cannot imagine guests being all too amused by it either. There is little use in asking someone the same question 15 times in as many minutes.

Auto-fill also only works if you have visited before on the same computer and with the same browser. On my own computer I just keep everything logged in. On other computers I do want to check the forums, but do not want to leave my mail address for anyone to find that happens to type the first letter.

When you have logged in once, and enable 'remember me' you also don't have to login again next time you visit except when you log in from a different computer. (it can only remember the login with a cookie).

That works well at home. Not so much on other computers, especially those that have been configured to delete cookies after closing (common for shared computers). It does not mitigate being nagged repeatedly and relentlessly either. You can only ask someone to do something so often before it starts working against you and it not being about the question any more.

Try browsing the forum with incognito mode turned on. You will quickly see what happens :)

Edited by Guest

The notification bell has moved down. This is making it harder to click on . At least on ipad3 IOS 7.0.1

I can only see half of it the bottom half goes off the blue bar

The notification bell has moved down. This is making it harder to click on . At least on ipad3 IOS 7.0.1

I can only see half of it the bottom half goes off the blue bar

Can you make a screenshot? Thank you!