general forum feedback

ultiarjan

Posted · general forum feedback

I have a small request that should take approximately 3 minutes to fix. Stop abbreviating PM messages in e-mail notifications, please, oh please. There's no reason to do it and it is starting to annoy the hell out of me. Also, make the text black instead of pale gray on top of white which makes no sense.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Many GHOST NOTIFICATIONS :O:(

Yup my page says there are 7 unread replies but there was only Titus's response and I get notifications of posts made an hour ago only to find I have read them a few hours ago.

I browse forums almost exclusively on my ipad and use the "open in new tab" a lot. Lets me close the tab after reading and be back where I started from with one click and without reload.

I find I can not do that on this forum. No matter what I do, following a link will open that page in the same tab. Is there a setting somewhere that allows me to use the "open in new tab" function without changing the page in the original tab? (I hope you can figure out what I'm trying to describe.)

have the same problem in different browsers on an ipad. what i do as a workaround: hold your finger until the context menu opens. now instead of lifting your finger, first move a bit up or down. it will scroll the page and if you now lift your finger, nothing loads unintentionally.

Thanks avogra - it works!

I'm getting a ton of ghost notifications as well.

I deleted all notifications, rather than marking them as read. Now it seems less?

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

That's not the solution. I always delete them and still get a lot of ghost notifications.

edit: as a bonus I got a ghost notification for this very post... ;)

Edited by Guest

Why do I get notifications of random prints being uploaded suddenly?

Why do I get notifications of random prints being uploaded suddenly?

Me too, just started today.

You can check your notification settings here. It was implemented like 2 weeks ago, I think maybe it just got activated this week.

If you don't want to receive the notifications feel free to uncheck the checkbox.

You can check your notification settings here. It was implemented like 2 weeks ago, I think maybe it just got activated this week.

If you don't want to receive the notifications feel free to uncheck the checkbox.

where is the option to turn off the ghost notifications? :D

• Like 4

I love how I need to check the "Remember me" check box everytime I visit the forum (once a day about), nice running gag!

• Like 2

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

that happened here as well lately, but not always... More irregularities: I read the topics list, all the new entries, but now it does not take me to the 'unread' line, but the top of the page..

Edited by Guest

Hi @kolia, do you access the forum from different computers?

It could also be that you have a setting which deletes cookies on a high frequency so the browser doesn't know you are a frequent visitor.

@Peggyb, are these topics you possibly have already read?

Maybe through a different path? Like notifications?

Could you try to describe the frequency when this happens?

@Dim3nsioneer; Mark all as read topic-edition is now active! :D

no, all the topics that show up with a bar on the left are unread entries, and opening while clicking this bar should lead to the newest unread item, but from today, they open at the top of the page. The feature did work as it should before, and don't know if it is just me...

Could you share with me what OS you use and what browser?

I just checked and for me it works like normal.

We did do some changes / bug fixes yesterday some it could be that it altered something for you.

Thanks!

mac 10.10.5 and Safari 9.0.1

just updated to Safari 9.0.2 and still the same..

@Dim3nsioneer; Mark all as read topic-edition is now active! :D

Indeed it works. Must have been the hell of a bug considering the time it took to fix it... :p

So next stop: Fixing the ghost notifications?

am I the only one (then it must be something in my computer??)

youtube movies look like this:

[media=9927][/media]