general forum feedback

ultiarjan

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

@SandervG This time I went to the print page and tried to upload the print. Quite a difficult process I might add. Not sure what is happening and if others also have this.

First I just sat there for minutes waiting for the, I guess uploads or storing, to finish, but it didn't:

[media=8801][/media]

Then I went ahead and just post it in the topic, so I could select it from gallery, but had trouble finding which image it was:

[media=8802][/media]

Edited by Guest

• Replies 1.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted · general forum feedback

@titus, the last thing you mentioned is a bug. It will probably be fixed in the next launch.

Not sure exactly what you mean with your first feedback?

There should be a progress-bar while uploading the picture.

You didn't see any?

Hey @SandervG, what about adding some drop-down boxes or similar to the personal profiles for describing what modifications were made on the printers a user owns? This would give your R&D department some interesting information and would make helping people a bit easier sometimes (if people fill in something, I know...).

btw: I had to use a link around "R&D", otherwise a hyper-clever-routine makes a ;) from the D...

Edited by Guest

Cool idea!

Do you use the people section a lot?

Regardless I think it is a good idea, but I was wondering since you also have your hardware listed next to your post. When do you find this info or would you go look for it?

Well, I wouldn't squeeze even more information into the short text next to posts (imagine, people with five printers like you would have 3 mods for each printer listed there...). But some pop-up (as with the likes) could reveal that information (so it is available while writing an answer to a post). And of course the people section.

Edited by Guest

I have just been going through the forums on my mobile and as I was scrolling I accidentally touched the flag post as inappropriate. The problem is I can't unflag it. I have tried tapping it again but it stays flagged. Now I feel stink about flagging a post with no issues. Can you please allow it to be un-flagged by the person who flagged it?

haha labern, bully :p

• Like 1

So we finally caught the flag-troller! AHA :p

No worries, every now and then we receive a reported post but often it is by mistake (sometimes people click it instead of like).

I don't think anyone sees that a post is flagged except moderators?

Oh bugger, @labern is the one ruining our fun :)

• Like 1

So we finally caught the flag-troller! AHA :p

No worries, every now and then we receive a reported post but often it is by mistake (sometimes people click it instead of like).

I don't think anyone sees that a post is flagged except moderators?

what's the ETA for an improved (and working) search functionality on this forum?

I would temporary remove the search field until it works because it's frustrating to use it right now :p

I know it is not working perfect yet (perfect in a not very demanding-definition) but I usually use it when looking for other users.

About an ETA until it works closer to a more reasonable demanding definition, currently I'm not in the office so I can't verify with my colleague. I'll try to get an eta, but i can already tell you it will be an educated guess, not a guarantee.

I know it is not working perfect yet (perfect in a not very demanding-definition) but I usually use it when looking for other users.

About an ETA until it works closer to a more reasonable demanding definition, currently I'm not in the office so I can't verify with my colleague. I'll try to get an eta, but i can already tell you it will be an educated guess, not a guarantee.

The search for users is working yes, but that's imo 1% of all the search queries you should receive on your site ;)

Many of the threads on this forum contain very valuable information for new users, but they have to use Google to find them. :)

I search like this to find information on this forum for example about "Olsson"

https://www.google.be/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#newwindow=1&q=site:https:%2F%2Fultimaker.com%2Fen%2Fcommunity%2F+olsson

But that's not the way to go imho? :D (and not everybody knows the "site:" feature of Google :p)

Oh bugger, @labern is the one ruining our fun  :)

Yep, I accept bribes from anyone who doesn't want to be flagged. :p

Sounds like the Italian maffia. Never knew the New Zealand maffia was alike ;)

• Like 2

I'm just trying to build up my posse before I take over the forum. :p

• Like 1

Thinking big of a man who prints small... it's usually called compensation... :p

@SandervG: Your list of printer is producing much white space... think of when the new forum started... this time it will be your fault... ;)

Edited by Guest

Thinking big of a man who prints small... it's usually called compensation... :p

@SandervG: Your list of printer is producing much white space... think of when the new forum started... this time it will be your fault... ;)

You are right! I think I'll just have to write very elaborated replies from now on to compensate for the white space ;)

Edited by Guest

You are right! I think I'll just have to write very elaborated replies from now on to compensate for the white space ;)

You havent even added your UM2+ models yet. your printer list will be like a novel soon :)

haha yeah I may need to start prioritising the list ;)

Otherwise I have to include an index list as well :p

I browse forums almost exclusively on my ipad and use the "open in new tab" a lot. Lets me close the tab after reading and be back where I started from with one click and without reload.

I find I can not do that on this forum. No matter what I do, following a link will open that page in the same tab. Is there a setting somewhere that allows me to use the "open in new tab" function without changing the page in the original tab? (I hope you can figure out what I'm trying to describe.)

So Many GHOST NOTIFICATIONS :O :(

yeah same here.. i was coming back to the forum.. posting a bit.. but now i get all kinds of ghost notifications annoying the hell out of me..

I browse forums almost exclusively on my ipad and use the "open in new tab" a lot. Lets me close the tab after reading and be back where I started from with one click and without reload.

I find I can not do that on this forum. No matter what I do, following a link will open that page in the same tab. Is there a setting somewhere that allows me to use the "open in new tab" function without changing the page in the original tab? (I hope you can figure out what I'm trying to describe.)

have the same problem in different browsers on an ipad. what i do as a workaround: hold your finger until the context menu opens. now instead of lifting your finger, first move a bit up or down. it will scroll the page and if you now lift your finger, nothing loads unintentionally.

• Like 1