general forum feedback

ultiarjan

Posted · general forum feedback

Not entirely, though I use notifications from the bell and they SOMETIMES point me to the last unread post, sometimes top of the page, sometimes bottom.

Also they stay in unread topics even though I read them

• Replies 1.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No link in the unread list is working anymore properly for me. I'm back to the shitty days where I had to think how long ago I read the new posts for the last time... :(

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

@SandervG: Any ETA when the 'unread-button-leads-to-second-last-page' bug will be fixed?

Edit: it looks as if the 'first unread' position is not updated anymore for a lot of threads. The unread feature turned useless...

Edited by Guest

I am still missing some notifications of topics that I am following.

Care to share which? Do you see like a pattern on time or something? Like at a certain moment there were no notifications or ..? Thanks!

It was This one.

I haven't had much time to spend on the forum lately so I don't know how many I'm missing. At the moment I'm just have quick looks and the community page but in this case I just happened to look and the new unread posts in the forum and saw it. I had other notifications around the same time that this post was entered.

when i want to add an image to a reply, the last (13) photo's of my album are not visible. Hovering over the empty space lights up a faded blue square with the text, so I have to remember the name or number of the photo to select something.

Safari 9.0.3

Thanks, I had that too the other day.

A weird work around for me was to scroll down really fast, before it loads..

Even though it may save you time it is a pretty weird work around :p

@Labern, I'll pass this info on to our devs. Maybe they can detect something.

Coming to this post from the bell (showing 5 unread) did not take me to the unread but the top of the page #47. Scrolling down the unread line was not displayed either.

-also-

Bell was showing 1 unread for this post, and it took me to page #3 (currently at 4 pages) and when going to the 4th page no unread notification.

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/20017-community-contest-win-an-extrusion-upgrade?page=3#unread

-but the bell link to this post showing 1 new unread, worked perfect.

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/18879-sharing-some-exciting-news-the-ultimaker-2?page=11#unread

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Recently, when posting to a thread, possibly triggered by previewing, I get the "do you want to leave this page" dialog as if I was leaving the page and might loose my changes. Yet the comment is posted successfully. This did not happen before.

Today, my bell shows zero new posts in "post you latest print" for the past 18hours. (I only know that because I did not clear it yesterday) BUT there have been at least 2 new posts these since 4-15 11:37am EDT (current local time 4-16 7:37am EDT)

Edited by Guest

Notifications keep sending me to the top of this page:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/20018-upgrade-your-ultimaker-2-with-the-extrusion-upgrade?page=9#unread

also, when inserting images into a post can we have 2 things?

-multi upload in a post(I know it works from albums, but pretty please also in posts?)

-multi insert into post, now I have to click image, select album, search picture, remember which I already did, insert, each time.

How are upload and insert different, as they both add multiple images in a post?

Good points though.

Do all notifications send you to that page, or just those concerning that post?

This one also just send me to the top of the page.

Not sure what you mean with your first question?

You suggested to have two things build, upload and insert multiple images.

Oh.. I think I just got it.

You mean multiple upload in your album.. and multiple insert in a post. Right?

You suggested to have two things build, upload and insert multiple images.

Oh.. I think I just got it.

You mean multiple upload in your album.. and multiple insert in a post. Right?

Yeah,

Multiple upload is available when you go to your albums etc, but when I'm drafting a post I have to upload 1 at time.

And when I want to add multiple pictures in a post(which are already uploaded), I have to do that for each picture.

Unfortunately, yesterday's offline period was not used to fix the jump-not-to-the-last-unread-post-when-clicking-on-unread-button bug.

@SandervG: Or am I really the only one having this problem? Then please tell me. I'm on Win8.1/Firefox 45.0.2.

Edited by Guest

Unfortunately, yesterday's offline period was not used to fix the jump-not-to-the-last-unread-post-when-clicking-on-unread-button bug.

@SandervG: Or am I really the only one having this problem? Then please tell me. I'm on Win8.1/Firefox 45.0.2.

Nope, I definately get that too. Win7/Chrome 48.0.2564.103. But I think I get it on OSX/Safari also.

• Like 1

Ah thanks. So good to know I'm not going mad, or at least not that mad... ;)

Edited by Guest

Same here, no jump to unread, no line of unread displayed when I scroll down to the posts I have not seen.

Also seems like it's very slow again.

Edited by Guest

I don't think the speed can be affected by the latest launch.

What do you think of the latest improvements to the menu?

With the new menu you can access various manuals in just 2 or 3 clicks instead of over 5 in the previous version. The tips & tricks resource repository will be filled with more interesting content that can help you get the most out of your Ultimaker. If you have any input from your expertise feel free to let me know :)

Next we will focus on some fixes to the forums, like the ones just mentioned!

Thank you!

Next we will focus on some fixes to the forums, like the ones just mentioned!

Thank you!

That would be great as the 'unread' link due to your post just brought me to page 47 instead of 48...