Is the forum dying?

macua85

Posted · Is the forum dying?
and makes my life easier as a moderator.

Well, there I'll have to strongly disagree. The moderator/admin tools on the old forum were way, waaaaay, better. It's like comparing a rock to a surgical blade.

• Replies 149
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The admin tools are on the list of upcoming features, but we figured the main improvements on the forum for everyone (including the moderators) to use had slight priority ;)

Lets go over the tools again in the DM to get a full scope.

Not the very bottom IMO, because the work we do shouldn't be unnecessarily difficult / complicated. The fact we have such dedicated moderators should be cherished, not neglected.

But rocks it is for now ;) (didn't we all collect them when we were young? :p)

Haha that's true, but I can verify that has nothing to do with the forum or anything closely related and has everything to do with an intense workload and other priorities.

He is a very needed guy.

I miss his posts, tho. He helped foster some good discussions.

I'll tell him! :)

Well there are some notable, staff contributors I miss hearing from (starts with a D and also has a cat avatar!)

Yes, his posts are missed here too. As well as those of a very helpful English guy living in Memphis (starts with an I...) I guess it's the same reason - too much work.

But maybe we will get special Christmas post from those two gentlemen? :) It's less than two months to wait...

Dear ultimaker. For Christmas please send me an Ultimaker 3 (I don't know that such a thing exists but I can hope).

• Like 1

I second that.

I'm pretty sure it would liven up the forum a bit 2.

So we are going from warm regards from Daid and illuminarti to an 'Ultimaker 3'?

.. that escalated quickly! :p

Dear ultimaker. For Christmas please send me an Ultimaker 3 (I don't know that such a thing exists but I can hope).

Ok. I'll volunteer for some early testing as well :)

Wait, you guys don't have yours yet? I got mine last week.

You're playing with fire :p

Well at least you know the top 5 for "stirring the pot" !

You're playing with fire :p

Yes, the flame polishing feature of the UM3 is fun!

• Like 1

Damned i got a makerbot 5th generation last week does it mean i have done shitty work?? :p

I think you got one of the earlier ones that they forgot to re-paint and re-brand.

Well there are some notable, staff contributors I miss hearing from (starts with a D and also has a cat avatar!)

I still live ;-)

• Like 6

glad to hear that @Daid

I still live ;-)

I still live ;-)

Great to hear! I learned a lot from your posts and glad to see all 9 lives are still functional!

I agree with @Labern and i may also add that there's probably less posts also because:

1. Lead time is no longer an issue

2. Support team is getting better and answers faster

3. Quality control on the machines has improved

4. Information is easier to find on the new forum

5. Support pages on the website a easy to find

6. The new phone app

7. There is no 7 :p

Overall i'm pretty happy with the forum now, it matches most of my needs and makes my life easier as a moderator. Of course there's room for improovement but hey that's also a good point.

I agree, and I believe that the "support side" of the forum has slowed down due to a dedicated company. However there is a lack of "community".

I personally love the forum and I think a lot of purchasers of the ultimaker products would love it too. Perhaps the sales team should make it a point to invite new customers to come view the forum as a way to introduce them to the family and generate an overall sense of support/ community behind the product.

I think some monthly competitions, and a bit of self promotion could go a long way towards gaining attention.

• Like 2