Free Olsson Block Competition

swordriff

Posted · Free Olsson Block Competition

image.thumb.jpg.6acfb76a556ab49664024bc4ab0c3976.jpg

Free OLSSON BLOCK for UM2  (for 2.8-3.0mm Filament) to the person who must accurately describes what the orange fluff is. Ends tonight at 22.00 Eu-time.

One suggestion each reply, please.

Price can be converted to 6 nozzles.

If more than one correct description, I draw the winner!

image.thumb.jpg.6acfb76a556ab49664024bc4ab0c3976.jpg

• Like 2

It's brass swarf from your last weekend's work on your 60 year old lathe...

First I thought it could be removed PLA, but it doesn't look like it is printed.

Then I thought it had to do with the Olsson block too, and I recalled reading he received out of spec drilled nozzles so that was my guess too.. but I didn't know how to describe it.. and I figured my train of thought was probably to complex. But 'brass swarf'.. I think it is a pretty good call ;)

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Free Olsson Block Competition

Judging by the anvil in the background and the red boxes that say something about steel, I'm going to go with "The stuff you get from milling brass, a bit like chippings / sawdust from woodworking"

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Hi Swordriff

Looks to me like all the rubbish that hides under the print bed, but you only see it when a print is under way and you dare not remove at that time in case you upset the print. Then you forget about it till the next print is under way !

best regards

Stu

• Like 1

Well I am gonna guess that it is the result of a new filament you are beta testing and it does not work with the Stainless steel coupler you have been using.

What's the filament? Hairfill I am guessing.....you were printing a toupee for a cousin in Sandy Blonde color, but it keeps failing. That is the best result so far.... :)

Or its brass turnings from the lathe?

• Like 1

I would guess that it is lathe shavings from a new exciting plastic you are trying out for insulators or something like that, maybe vespel?

• Like 2

Posted (edited) · Free Olsson Block Competition

hah!! There is already a two runner ups for the most fancyful  suggestion!! Will be rewarded, of course!!

I invent new prizes as we go along here!! May even extend the time! You can suggest severel times but easier for me if only one in each post!  Right answer will be chosen!!

Meanwhile something beautiful to look at!

image.thumb.jpg.f12ca177c5cf40b675b8b74ec83bed40.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.f12ca177c5cf40b675b8b74ec83bed40.jpg

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I dont know what you are thinking exactly from such a long distance, but guessing yes, they are. And they on their way to you. This time 15 micron smaller.. Puh.. What a journey

PEEK seems to easy, Maybe PI, PAI or PBI.

Must be easy to machine as some of the cuts look quite deep. I know peek is pretty to machine though.

OK AND THE WINNER IS:

I am trying to press Best Answer, but brings me to Forbidden Page!

So until UM fixes that, no prize!

And there is a prize (2 nozzles each) for 2 more entrie, the funniest and most original.

All in my subjective estimate, of course!

I have a new competition coming up! Please help me fix the Best Answer button first!

• Like 1