Upgrade your Ultimaker 2 with the Extrusion upgrade

SandervG

Posted · Upgrade your Ultimaker 2 with the Extrusion upgrade

I don't think it is the feeder. I mean if it were, then all others would report problems too. I upgraded too and there are zero problems (in this regard).

• Replies 369
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it is the feeder. I mean if it were, then all others would report problems too. I upgraded too and there are zero problems (in this regard).

agree, let's wait until he shares some photo's .....

Posted (edited) · Upgrade your Ultimaker 2 with the Extrusion upgrade

Two machines upgraded and two running perfectly.  Feeder 'def working better than the old version. In fact on one print I had the bed a little closer than optimal and instead of click click click it laid down a first layer that required a pick-axe to remove it :-o

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Yea, I'm also on the "new +feeder works perfectly" band wagon. My printer had been laid up for a few weeks before I upgraded, now it's rock solid.

Any updates on when this will be generally available in the UK??

Dream and 3DGBIRE are still saying pre-order!!!!

Disappointing to say the least after all this time :(

We should have an update about that tomorrow, thank you for your time and patience!

Hello all, new to the forum. Have used my Ultimaker 2 for a few months as a packaging designer.

I noticed one comment state that the new feeder stepper is only 200 steps per revolution vs the old one being 400. Can anyone explain why 200 is better?

Six Weeks and Still no Upgrade in sight...

Same in Australia, still waiting, it's gone from mid April to mid May now... so have to wait another month

I just Called the Reseller in Germany, asking for an Update. they said to me they,re still waiting for a delivery from the manufacturer (ultimaker) and  we need to wait 2 weeks more (that will make a Grand total of 8 weeks)  they told me that if in 2 weeks time nothing happens, then we have to call directly to Ultimaker in Holland, and ask them WHY is taking so Long to get our Upgrades.

Edited by Guest

That on a restaurant it's a sign that they don't just put your meal on a microwave. Quality control, worldwide delivery.

Just wondering, did you try other european shops? I know that the distributor on Spain has 'in stock' on the web.

That on a restaurant it's a sign that they don't just put your meal on a microwave. Quality control, worldwide delivery.

Just wondering, did you try other european shops? I know that the distributor on Spain has 'in stock' on the web.

yep, i understand that, well, thats what they told me. btw im not in spain, so i need to buy it by a local Reseller...

Well my second umo+ I bough it to Trideus. It's just an online shop. They did give me support and even sent two spare parts that did give problems. And my first umo+ I bough it assembled to iMakr on uk, also had perfect support from them at the time.

We just published a new company update with some relevant information.

Besides some cool updates evolving the Ulti-Evenings and new improvements to the website it also shares some more information about the lead time for Extrusion upgrades.

tl;dr: From April 20th on the leadtime will be 4-6 weeks and the upcoming 4 weeks we will ship out all existing orders.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused! Hopefully having some concrete information will make the wait easier, more so it knowing it will be shipped out soon!

Any updates on when this will be generally available in the UK??

Dream and 3DGBIRE are still saying pre-order!!!!

Disappointing to say the least after all this time :(

Finally after over 4 weeks, my kit arrived on Wednesday (20th). There is hope!

• Like 1

Miracles do happen!!

Went on to Dream 3D's site and they had 3 available - Now 2!

On my way shortly to pick it up :)

Got Mine Today! and already running, pretty easy to upgrade... now im testing to see whats the new behaviour, its really damn quiet, when i turned it on, i thought i forgot to connect smth, because the fan was really silent... the feeder also sounds really different than the older one, what (at least in my opinion) made me wonder is that ""racketing"" sound when loading and unloading material (is that normal?)

im happy the surgery ended well...

:)

Since everyone comments on it, I guess I must be unique in being quite happy with the old fan noise. It tells me that I've left the printer turned on!

Well upgrade all fitted and running like a champ - First test prints have come out fine, and its super quiet.

Now off to print the 'Wedge' :)

• Like 1

Well upgrade all fitted and running like a champ - First test prints have come out fine, and its super quiet.

Now off to print the 'Wedge' :)

Oh nice! The Ulti-bot one or the 'Original'? ;)

Got Mine Today! and already running, pretty easy to upgrade... now im testing to see whats the new behaviour, its really damn quiet,  when i turned it on, i thought i forgot to connect smth, because the fan was really silent...  the feeder also sounds really different than the older one, what (at least in my opinion) made me wonder is that ""racketing""  sound when loading and unloading material (is that normal?)

Did you already find out what the sound was?

Could you possibly make a recording so we can help diagnose?

Great to read the upgrade was easy! :)

Got Mine Today! and already running, pretty easy to upgrade... now im testing to see whats the new behaviour, its really damn quiet,  when i turned it on, i thought i forgot to connect smth, because the fan was really silent...  the feeder also sounds really different than the older one, what (at least in my opinion) made me wonder is that ""racketing""  sound when loading and unloading material (is that normal?)

Did you already find out what the sound was?

Could you possibly make a recording so we can help diagnose?

Great to read the upgrade was easy! :)

Good morning! It was really easy to update, but time taking, because the person that assemblied my u2 decided to put several cables through that cable that attached to the center of the motherboard. so i needed to detach like 5 cables more to take that away. :)

i can yes indeed make a recording, what format do i need? and how can i upload it?

best

Edited by Guest

Just wondering what will happen if I run let's say 3 spools of CopperFill through this feeder (this material is abbrasive!). Wil it survive? Any idea on which parts need to be replaced if this happens?

We just published a new company update with some relevant information.

Besides some cool updates evolving the Ulti-Evenings and new improvements to the website it also shares some more information about the lead time for Extrusion upgrades.

tl;dr: From April 20th on the leadtime will be 4-6 weeks and the upcoming 4 weeks we will ship out all existing orders.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused! Hopefully having some concrete information will make the wait easier, more so it knowing it will be shipped out soon!

I just read the statement. My real inconvenience now is that I cannot get a reliable estimate on delivery of the parts.

A suggestion for a real sorry would be the following. Why not deliver a spare print head with the new sensor and heater on my doormat soon. And please o please a set of bed clips, my fingers hurt.

Just leave out the parts I don't need. I really don't need the new extruder, the rods, or the valentine style gift wrap box or extra nozzles. I already invested in BondTech extruder (which in my humble opinion is MUCH better than de extruder that's in the upgrade package). I already own the Olsson block.

Set priorities right and just deliver me the parts I need for a low price to make up for the inconveniences. To make up for all these underextrusion problems that have troubled me since the day I bought my UM2. This would definitely bring back my love for the Ultimaker company. Or at least a bit.