Ultimaker Cura 3.3 | Stable

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.3 | Stable

Ultimaker Cura 3.3 is available from today! 

Following the news from yesterday, a large part of the news relates back to the Ultimaker S5.

Among others Cura can now also create a UFP.

UFP (Ultimaker format package) is a new file extension that contains compressed gcode and a preview thumbnail. Using this extension enables a model preview (similar to the solid view in Ultimaker Cura) on the Ultimaker S5 touchscreen and in Cura Connect.

Since we also introduced a new material, 'Tough PLA' yesterday, the material profile can now also be found in the latest Cura version. 

Tough PLA prints as easy as regular PLA, except it is as strong as ABS. Which means if you are looking for strong prints it is definitely a material worth exploring. The prints with the same temperatures as PLA, which implies it is equally heat resistant.

Besides aligning Cura with the recent expansion of our product range, we have also added some new features. 

Ultimaker Cura is now equipped with a 3D model assistant. The 3D model assistant triggers when you want to slice with ABS, PC, PP or CPE+ and can give you tips on how to potentially improve the quality and reliability of your 3D print. 

3D-model-assistant-Cura.thumb.jpg.addab9373177954420689f627d1f38ad.jpg

- More good news is that you can now also easily do single extrusion prints, when your model allows it.

Using single extrusion mode also makes the ‘print one at a time’ feature available for the Ultimaker 3 and Ultimaker S5. You can easily disable it by right clicking on extruder 2 and enable/disable it from there. 

- The prime tower has now been made round instead of square, which should result in a smoother toolpath and a sturdier prime tower. 

- Support blocker also made it into the stable version. @ahoeben , thanks again! You can now generate a cube mesh to prevent support material to be used in certain areas within a model. Each cube can be scaled, rotated, and moved with the standard adjustment tools in the left side of your screen. 

- Bridging. Many thanks to @smartavionics . It is still a fairly new feature, but it allows Cura to check for bridges and opens up more configurations to tweak for better briding. 

Finally; three new plugins have been added; Scalable extra prime, Print temperature offset, and Enclosure fan.

I've mentioned some already, but I want to thank everyone for there help in realizing Ultimaker Cura 3.3. We couldn't do it without you! 

I'm talking about @ahoeben , @smartavionics , @thopiekar , Pheneeny, krios-fabteam, dagoma3d, uBuild-3D, maukcc, timur-tabi, pouncingiguana, velbn, and Gordo3di. 

We've also created a 6-minute video where we go a little bit more in-depth regarding some of the improvements of Ultimaker Cura 3.3.

Can't wait?

Download Ultimaker Cura 3.3 here! Not entirely convinced yet?

You can read more about these features and more on our blog!

Looking forward hearing from you, and make sure to share your feedback with us. That is the only way we can continue improving on this wonderful slicer! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brulti said:

Just downloaded it, it crashes on launch.

Log file won't load here because it weighs 85 Mb... Which feels quite wrong...

Do you have cura installed on another drive then C ?

I'll stay with 3.2.1 for the moment until a fix is out. Thanks.

PSA: if you were using the OctoPrintPlugin in Cura 3.2.1, updating to Cura 3.3 will cause Cura to crash :-(.

The crash dialog should give you a way to open the Configuration folder. In that folder locate the subfolder "plugins" and remove OctoPrintPlugin from it. Then you can restart Cura and it should no longer crash. You can reinstall the proper 3.3 version of the OctoPrintPlugin from the plugin browser.

Nope.  Not stable.  Won't even launch.  Window with Release notes pops up, then goes away.  Main program screen never opens.  Installed on C: drive.  Replaced 3.2.1 (uninstalled on install of 3.3).

Now I have to go find 3.2.1 to re-install, because it worked.

My install is in C drive, and personnal folder in D drive.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 3.3 | Stable

And I don't see OctoPrintPlugin in cura 3.2.1, and i get  "* Octo*.*" in explorer : no files.

I'll stay with 3.2.1 for the moment until a fix is out. Thanks.

Edited by jose06

Installed on C drive no errors BUT lost ALL my personal set up data like printers and filaments and quality and settings etc

Anyone else having this

Also installed without removing 3.2.1 when it asked if that matters.  I was concerned it would do this as it has since the old days of 2.x so wanted to atleast have 3.2.1 to use when this new "stable" version crapped out

Dr. D

Could you create a bug report https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues ? That makes it easier to fix for the devs.

9 minutes ago, Drdave said:

Installed on C drive no errors BUT lost ALL my personal set up data like printers and filaments and quality and settings etc

Anyone else having this

Also installed without removing 3.2.1 when it asked if that matters.  I was concerned it would do this as it has since the old days of 2.x so wanted to atleast have 3.2.1 to use when this new "stable" version crapped out

Dr. D

I had the same issue!!  Not good....

17 hours ago, Brulti said:

Yes, I always put it on another hard drive because C is an SSD.

Can you try: https://stack.mybacklog.info/s/OdSi5xGBeTjwNAf ?

45 minutes ago, Msuurmond said:

cura 3.3.1 beta works and have my personal set up

4 hours ago, Msuurmond said:

It works. It installed on my secondary HD without a hitch, de-installed 3.2.1 and kept my custom materials and my preferences.

I like the new font, and it seems to be going faster and more smoothly when loading and slicing as well as when I go through the menus and make changes.

Excellent job, thank you very much for the quick fix!

We just put Cura 3.3.1 on the server. Please update https://ultimaker.com/en/products/ultimaker-cura-software

• Like 1

THANK you so much glad to be part of the fast response repair

@SandervG & @UltimakerThank you for the credits again!

Was great to see you at your booth at the Hannover Messe yesterday again! ?

1 hour ago, Msuurmond said:

We just put Cura 3.3.1 on the server. Please update https://ultimaker.com/en/products/ultimaker-cura-software

That fixed it for me.  3.3.1 loaded fine and got past the Changelog screen.  Seems to be working properly again.  Thanks!

Downloaded the Ultimaker Cura-3.3.1-win64 yesterday and got an error " Cura error freeze in Python". Uninstalled 3.3.1 and reinstalled "Ultimaker Cura-3.2.1-win64". Get the same error, went to Python and let it repair and still getting error. Not knowledgeable to repair myself.

Cura error freeze in Python.jpg

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 3.3 | Stable

Anyone other than me still stuck?

I still can't access any printers any quality setting profiles etc

Dr. Dave

Screenshot 2018-04-25 13.11.31.png

Edited by Drdave
    Adding screen shot of missing profiles

hi @Drdave, I've replied to you in the other thread.

@ngwpower or @ngwpower18, @jose06 and to others that had problems with 3.3 yesterday.

Please try this:

1. Delete the 3.3 folder only in the Cura configuration folder. Make sure to leave 3.2 folder.

In Windows, you can find it in Appdata\Roaming\cura.

In Mac, you'll find it in \Application Support\Cura.

2. Install the new version 3.3.1 with fixes https://ultimaker.com/en/products/ultimaker-cura-software

3. If you are still encountering some issues, can you please zip and attach the 3.2 folder from the configuration folder and attach it here?