A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

Seems like you boss is trying to put you in a jail in his company and have you work like a slave...

Keep looking i'm sure you'll find something better (can't be that hard as what you describe)

I love the idea of doing photography, I love the photographs that some people achieve... the magazines are amazing. I love the macro stuff... but, I`m too lazy and impatient to really be a good photographer. I went travelling for 5 weeks last year, around Peru and Bolivia, so I wanted a small camera which wasn't a hassle to carry around, but better than a crappy point & shoot.. I bought a Canon G15, amazing little gadget. I just have to learn how to use it lol

I'm really a Nikon guy but I have to admitt that i have a G12 as well.

Nikon's own fault as they not had anything that could match the G12.

Bought a Nikon D800 last summer but have not taken more than maybe 200 images with it.

My trusty D300 that I used a lot during the two years a so that i had model photography as a hobby was used for over 200.000 images before i gave it to my doughter.

If anyone want to take a peek at some of the sessions i did you can take a look at

modellfoto.wallentins.se

The page is in swedish so if you don't understand that then you should look under second and third menu.

Also have to rise a small nudity warning conserning the Fine Art Nude category.

This, model photography thing has it's little story.

Initially l was into sculpting and in need for reference images.

But, the sources I found never had just that image that i wanted.

So I sterted to think that maybe I could make my own.

Started to investigate how and were to find models and after collecting enough currage i contacted some modells and a couple of them were interested so I bought the D300 and started to shoot my own reference. I even built a turntable so the model could keep here pose will I rotated her and shooting with a remote.

I liked doing this so mutch that it actually replaced the sculpting as my hobby for a couple of years.

Untill one day,I was contacted by a model that like my images and wanted to work with me.

To cut the story short, we now has lived together for almost two years :smile:

Oh, can add that it was not the reference phography that I liked so much.

Interest was mostly in playing god with the studio lights, playing with light and shadow.

Favorite categories beeing pinup and fine art nude.

Also,the Images at the site is mixed quality as they are from different sets, in different states of finishing(though most are finished), at that moment mostly placed there in order to test the site.

My main image site can no longer bee accessed as I no longer pay for the account.

However, I think there are some nice images even soo.

Can also add that the Easter Fairy (second meny/fantasy) shoot was the session that catched me a girlfriend.

FRIDAY !!!!

yippeeee..... now the irish boy searches for a cold beer....

Have a super weekend guys !!

Ian :-)

Guiness for me Ian, on my 4th pint already :)

A glass of milk after working out and then a few glasses of water, does that count? :p

Thanks for the kind words guys but really I'm just an amateur. It's like comparing someone who plays around with an Arduino to someone who programs FPGAs for a living. I can get the job done but there's duct tape and chewing gum here and there :p

Duct tape and chewing gum is what makes the world go round man...

Coffe and Tea Maschine on... CLICK.

blub

blub blub blub....

So gooooddd morning guys :-)

How were your weekends ?

On Saturday I had one of these interesting dinner meetings with my girlfriends dad basically telling him to take his control freak mentality one step back from us... as you might guess it was a delightful experience... :-(

But I did it.. it was all said and thank god... job done... for now.

Sunday after the dad chat.. we basically cleaned up things a little and then took sunday totally easy... I think we were burned out a little from the stress of waiting before our meeting and then the thing itself....

But feeling a lot better today and hoping to do some cool little jobs and.. help some beautiful people on the forum when I can :-)

Ian :-)

Since this has basically been my workout log I guess I'll keep at it.. :p Weighed myself today after three weeks and... well... I've gained 2kg. What in the actual f_ck? I mean, I haven't been super strict about diet but I sure as hell haven't done any worse than the months before I started. I'd love to say that it's 2kg of muscle but that seems like a stretch for such a short period of time. Bleh, I guess it's time to clean up my diet completely now.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sad

Pi$$ed off.

Cant design.

Cant print.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

My Laptop died.

Robert. It`s mainly probably just water,,, go for a quick pee pee and weigh again! :p

This was after pee and poop unfortunately :p

Don't be sad, that means you get to buy a new toy ;)

@Robert: Same problem here... caused by Swiss Chocolate... :lol:

Lol Robert, if its after pee and poop then you`ve been eating pringles whilst sleep walking!

Interesting way of looking at it... should I buy a new toy? Hmmm.... Apple MacBook Pro or another S**tty FU**ing Dell which has just died lol

Actually, I'm pretty much happy with the Dells I have at home - one laptop and one desktop. Skint - could it be your stroke of misfortune?

@Robert: i've been doing sort of a diet these last couple of weeks it works pretty good and doesn't take much effort.

Basically i eat a good breakfast. I eat what i want at noon. A little snack at 4pm and the for the last meal of the day i keep it light. Salads or meat with vegetables but i avoid pasta, bread, patatoes etc... and obviously i don't drink alcohol :mad:

@ Shurik. I have to admit this Dell laptop has been great, until now. It`s a Dell XPS 17 inch, with dedicated graphics card, one of the machines that Dell produced after purchasing the alienware company.

I don't think I will want a apple MacBook pro... I hate apples control over me already with the Iphone and ipad.

Hey Skint,

Apple controlls the hardware and the software - so what? Dell would do the same if they did not have to kiss Microsoft's... hand.

Apart from the kickass hardware you get a very robust and easy to use operating system that's way ahead of Windows. True it is not suited for everything, but as with everything in life, focus pays off.

And as an added bonus, you can still install Windows on a Mac, but not the other way around.

@Didier: About a year ago I dropped 8kg in a little less than 3 months and ended at my happy weight, so I know I can do it. I'm mostly on the same type of diet now but I've had a few more cheat things going on. I need to clean that up and do what I did last time which was: Breakfast - Snack - Lunch - Snack - Dinner. Lots of chicken, brown rice, salmon, vegetables and absolutely nothing else in between or after. And of course exercise every day. It's a bit boring but it works. I'm also closer to the weight I want to be at this time around so I imagine that also makes it a bit slower going.

Right, time to start off week four and do "Isometrix" for the first time. Should be fun and painful :D

I`m starting to sweat just listening to Robert lol. Gimme a burger and a Guinness any day :p

Nico... yeah fair point about the mac. My g/f is gonna kill me, £2200 on a printer and now £2200 on a mac !!! S**t.

Done! Panting and sweating like crazy. And that was just by standing still 99% of the time. Sweet :D

Sorry Skint :p

I`m sweating. Just bought a power cord from ebay for 12 quid, see if that fixes my laptop before I spend hundreds/thousands on a new one lol

Burning calories through exercise is counter productive in that it makes you hungrier and an hours exercise for me is only about 400 calories or a small desert. Plus after burning those calories I slow down and use less calories than usual for the next 4 hours. Don't get me wrong - exercise is fantastic when you are trying to lose weight but really the best way to lose weight is to take a scale with you wherever you go and weigh everything and count those calories exactly. The fun thing to do is to graph calories versus weight in excel and you can do moving averages on both and see the correlation and figure out exactly what qty of calories is your break even point and what qty of calories you need to lose at a particular rate (e.g. 1kg per week).

Counting calories is the only sure way to lose weight.

After doing this for a while you can usually guess the calories of something pretty accurately.