A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

Went to a minimakerfaire in cape code massachusetts Saturday. Had fun. Here's a 54 second video:

Losing weight isn't the only goal, I'm not fat by any means (70kg at 180cm), I want to get fit as well. Also, gaining a bit of muscle mass helps burn off excess calories. And of course it just makes life easier in general. I remember when I helped my father change the uhm... "roof paper" on one of his houses pre working out regularly, I hurt in places I didn't know I had. When it came time to fix the other side of the roof post working out regularly I felt nothing. That's worth a lot in my mind :)

That vid reminded me that I really want one of those small quad copters. But I know what will happen, I will play with it for two days and then it'll sit in a corner collecting dust :p

I know some people may laugh when I ask this...

BUT !!

are the rumours true that sex is fantastic for burning calories ??

If so... then my growing fat belly says wayyyy to much about my private life... HEHEHE LOLL

Ian

Lol Ian, maybe you need to shag 10 times a day with 3 different women ( not all at the same time ) to lose the weight... Anyone wanna experiment ? :p

Gentlemen, I guess you are well aware of electronic cigarettes. They too are made to scratch an itch. I am sure there is a similar solution to Ian's problem. I heard the internet was made for this kind of stuff...

Gentlemen, I guess you are well aware of electronic cigarettes. They too are made to scratch an itch. I am sure there is a similar solution to Ian's problem. I heard the internet was made for this kind of stuff...

You vaping?

Lol, I had to google it (looks dangerously similar to something contextual fitting) :)

But no, I can't stand smoking and despise anything related to it.

This topic is taking a turn for the worst! LOL haha

Lol Ian, maybe you need to shag 10 times a day with 3 different women ( not all at the same time ) to lose the weight... Anyone wanna experiment ? :p

That would definitely make me lose weight - all of it.

Its actually quite a good idea I must admit...

Now I just have to wait for 3 willing female ultimaker users to help...

Come on Girls.. shake that fat off me.... LOLLL

Ian ;-) LOLL

This topic is taking a turn for the worst! LOL haha

your right but it is great to have so much fun with the guys here on the forum ! :-) :-)

I will suggest my " 3 lady idea " to my girlfriend to see if she thinks I am fat enough to trial this new technique... I think we all know that the only weight I am likely to be losing is the skin from the side of my face haha :p

Had 3 coffee`s already this morning .. and still want to sleep at my desk! Oh, what am I going to do about my dead laptop, I`m seeing so many nice prints :(

cura.. office computer... save gcode to sd card and... PRINT LIKE A MANIAC ?? :-)

After reading all this the object number 5 on Ian youmagine banner makes more sense ^^

I don't know if shagging (i love that word) is good too loose weight but what i can say is that using this as a reason for my wife to not have a headache isn't working...

Stupid headaches ^^

I want to make clear.. I did not and have not.. ever SHAGGED !! a produced object or objects from an ultimaker printer !

Ian

LOLLLL

Nothing to add ^^

Hahaaaa

Right, back on topic.

I had a great weekend. I met my friends and we played computer all weekend. We are all in our mid 30s right now, but there is this one thing that connects us all since we were young. Every spring and fall when the weather is bad and our ladies deny our romantic advances with "headaches", we grab our gaming rigs and bestow the great honor on one of us to be the host for the weekend's lan party. Since Steam and it's dreaded gaming sales, every one of us sports an impressive array of games that we do exploit greatly on this occasion. But there are also the classics, always the classics.

This time's trip down the memory lane was Quake III Arena. God I have so many fond memories with this game. Used to play it so much back than, was all involved with "serious" clan gaming and such. After 15 years and this game is still great. Today's shooters are just but a shadow of it. They are unbeliveably slow, dumb, tell you what to do, where to run, feature self replenishing health. Back in my days we had to earn kills/frags while jumping uphill on one foot, thorugh a snow storm (so to speak...).

But there are also great new games - like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. There is a perverse kind of satisfaction while virtually smashing your best buddie's face with a crude 100 pound hammer while screaming "ARRR YAHHH YOUR MOTHER ARRRHHHH" :) Never met a lady who digs this. They are all so focussed on the violence and gore and can not look past the joy of wipping the floor with your friends's ass just to compete for the top ranks :)

Oh, and the fast food was great too. Pizza tastes much better with friends.

I'm a UT guy myself. I still play ut2k4 almost daily after all this time, I find it relaxing (most of the time... hehe). Tried to "upgrade" to ut3 when it came out but man what a turd that turned out to be, it's sooo clunky. They say they wanted to go back to the old days of ut99 but in the process they made the movement system so damn boring. Hell they even removed ramp dodging, I mean, seriously, are you mental? 70% of the fun is to bounce around all over the damn place trying to outmanoeuvre your opponent while still landing shots on him.

The last modern game I played was FarCry3 which is great fun as well. Luring tigers and bears into the pirate bases never gets boring :p

Well written Nico, Well written :)

Unreal Tournaments... well they do indeed bring back fond memories! Any when you mention Steam, Day of Defeat ( DOD ) and Counter Strike... man those games lost me so many hot girlfriends :shock:

Havent played a game for years now... my xbox is boxed up collecting dust :( Maybe I should buy an xbox ONE... can I use Pro-e Creo and Design on it lol

If you want to take a trip down to memory lane (and have a headache) try playing the first Wolfenstein :mrgreen: it was the first FPS i played at (don't know if it's the first FPS game ever but must be one of the first in "3D").

I tried it again a couple of years ago and i don't understand how i managed to play this for a couple of hours the graphics are really painfull for the eyes but it was a really fun game :)

Played a couple of hours on Counter Strike too it doesn't get old, i'm sure that a lot of people still play on it.

Except that i was mostly into point and click games (monkey island and stuff) and games like simcity, civilization or age of empire. Never bought a game console i prefered to have a girlfriend :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

" I preferred to have a girlfriend "

How things change when we get old. Now we prefer beer and would want computer games back :p

Command & Conquer !! Oooo I miss that

Didier - you're echoing my thoughts! Exactly the same titles! Civilization I! Simcity! Wolfenstein! Yeah!!! And now, my son started to play Civ 5 - we have a new generation of the gamers, and my wife is terrified. :D

Speaking about games. Who's waiting impatiently for the consumer version of the Oculus Rift to get released? I have the DK1 (Development Kit1) but unfortunately it makes me super sick with anything that moves fast. But what little I have tried with it is quite impressive even with its significant limitations.

UT2004 Hall of Giants CTF - many a day wasted on that :grin: Quake3 Team Arena and original Quake (the Dark Places re-work) Rocket launcher favourite weapon of choice! Good days still :smile:

(Opposing Worlds and Magma Giant - two other great maps)

Then there were Lost Vikings, most of the Lucas Arts adventures, Alien v Predator which still makes me jump and loads of others. Hmmm... maybe if I'd applied myself then to more material things I'd be better off? ;-) Still - what price fun!