Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

It's a tock now and then. As you said my guess it's that my bed is maybe a bit to high.

There are no problems for the rest of the print once it's start going faster.

Firstly... congradulations on getting your new shiny ultimaker 2 !! :-)

Please let us know after you redo your bed leveling test.. and the paper sheet test so you have enough space.. if the feeder is still skipping... if so... its not good that a brand new maschine fresh out of the box is doing this...

Ian :-)

I've done the leveling again and it's better. I still got a little clicking of the feeder on one piece just once or twice. This only happens on the first layers and after that it's running perfectly.

I'll do the crazy cylinder test when i stop printing everything i had in mind since i ordered ^^

I'm really surprised of the awesome quality of the prints

It's just the Ultimaker Robot but I'm so happy that I finally managed to print the right ear correctly that I'm doing a https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk359tXZNP1qh9061o1_100.gif :-)

Ultimaker Robot (back)

Ultimaker Robot (front)

I actually wouldn't have printed it if the model hadn't loaded automatically after updating Cura and I needed a test print anyway. As far as I'm concerned Cura 14.03 is magical :-) (And maybe figuring out the right parameters for the bronze PLA helped, too.)

I didn't change the orientation and my UM1 doesn't have a second fan. I really don't know why it finally worked but it did!

Printing low and slow probably did it (or maybe the Cura 14.03 upgrade? the room temperature of only 16°C? the fact that it's friday?)...

Anyway, I used the Ultimaker Bronze PLA filament (so shiny!) and printed at 195°C, 30 mm/s, top/bottom thickness 0.8mm, standard settings otherwise.

It's the printing slow. It allows each layer to cool more. You will be better off printing at 20C for anything larger than this as 16C will make it more likely for the corners of parts to lift off the bed. "curling".

You will be better off printing at 20C for anything larger than this as 16C will make it more likely for the corners of parts to lift off the bed. "curling".

Good to know about the room temperature! I was only printing small parts recently but I'll keep this in mind. This thread is really incredibly helpful for newbies :-)

Maybe my best project so far...

Trophy for Corinthians (brazilian football team) blood donation campaign.

Alessandro, FIFA 2012 world champion team captain, will be honored with the gift.

120 micron layer height, 0,8mm tickness, 0% infill, 230°C, 30mm/s outer shell, 60mm/s inner shell, support enabled.

Heart (real human size) Printed in translucent orange (chinese) filament, then primed and painted.

Base printed in UM black filament.

Total printing time: 19h

Corinthian Heart (Go Corinthians!)

Very nice!! Congratulations :)

Wow the heart is very nice :)

Been printing all the time since i received my UM2 it's fantastic to use.

So here is a quick view of my prints (just a case for a raspberry missing it's sitting underneath the tv).

20140322 173552

20140322 173546

20140322 173522

20140322 173444

20140322 171117

20140322 171122

And a timelapse of the elephant print:

Very nice!! Congratulations :)

Wow the heart is very nice :)

Thanks guys! :)

Been printing all the time since i received my UM2 it's fantastic to use.

So here is a quick view of my prints (just a case for a raspberry missing it's sitting underneath the tv).

And a timelapse of the elephant print:

the elephant is a really cute print :-) :-) I love the design of the trunk ... ! does that allow good movement with the thin inner centre ?

Thanks lan :)

It's fun to watch it print it's very usefull to understand what you can achieve with a 3d printer. I love how it's designed.

The legs of the elephant can move at 90° approximately and the head moves a bit. But i have to try and print this without the fix horrible type A to see if it increases the movement.

Hello guys, i wanted to share this Print with you. Its not the nicest Print but this time i run through the whole Process. From the idea to building it in cad and of course printing it. Its made out of 4 Parts and got stoppers for the rotations.

P3240679.JPGP3240680.JPGP3240681.JPG

is that a design for a navel cannon or a fixed position artillery piece ?

I agree it look a bit weird. Its grown out of a Project we got from our university. We should build a navel cannon but with given Parameters. So i just threw some different canon designs together :grin:

i have to ask.. what kind of project are you doing.. weapons development ?

We can help with ladies lol... we like ladies!

haha Nico :p

No we don't...

I have started quite a big project.. which started out as a present for a friends birthday. Although, the more I am working on it, the more I WANT to KEEP it haha.

I started a test print tonight, which I was assuming would turn out pretty badly...because I didnt design it particularly well for 3D printing...and I was going to use the part for testing POST work ( Filling, Priming and Painting etc ..we need a tips section on this ).

Anyway...the UM2 did its amazing thing and completed this part so well that I could actually use it for the project..although I needed it in silver :)

This part is 110mm high and 80mm diameter. The thing is hollow...no infill !! Apart from a couple of overhang minor errors on the through holes, I am super happy with this print :) Now to finish the other 100 components....

EJM 2

EJM 1

that just looks like an erotic piece of soldiworks handy work ??... correct ? ;-)

Ian, Solidworks is for children :p... I use CREO haha

Hello !

I am watching this forum for a month now waiting for my ultimaker original.

It is here since friday afternoon. Ready to print since saturday evening. And here is a few "nice" things I already printed.

woman.png

Image%202014-03-24%20at%209.30.33%20AM.png

Today I wanted to print something harder so i tried this thing: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:53279

and here is the result at normal size with layer at 0.1, shell 0.4 and speed 50

It took about 3 hours to complete. The quality isn't really good but I am currently printing a better version scaled up ( 0.06 layer speed 30

I will post the result when finished :)

Image%202014-03-26%20at%207.31.16%20PM.png