Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Finally finished "A better Dragon", by Illuminarti.

24 hour print. I had problems with retraction settings being off and needed a bit of rescue work with the supports using emergency matchsticks and scoops of pritstick.

post print cleanup wasn't easy, but I got there in the end!

Printed with Ultimaker gold.

0.1 layer, speed 35mm, temp 230, bed 70, no infill, 0.8 thickness.

A better dragon

My first organic print is a scanned skull. Not my modell,

Skull13

Size: little bit over 2cm

Fil.: Ultimate Blue

Temp 202°

Bed: 65°

Speed: 30mm/s

Layer h.: 0.06mm

Printing:

Skull03

Finished Print:

Skull04

Skull05

Support removed (kind of ... many problems there.

I saw them later on my photos. Next time I have to check the images before the primer. :

(Ordered a lamp with magnifying glass.)

Skull06

First layer of primer (ArmyPainter: ColorPrimer - Skeleton Bone):

Skull08

Skull09

used my simple painting box. :)

Skull07

I have used a little bit to much primer on the face, but it was hard to get the primer in the holes (Eyes and nose)

Result:

Skull10

Skull11

Skull12

Skull15

I'm happy with the result, In reality it looks much better than on the makro shots. ;)

I think I'll reprint him with a different orientation.

More in my Gallery Album:

Skull01Skull02Skull03Skull04Skull05Skull06Skull07Skull08Skull09Skull10Skull11Skull12Skull13Skull14Skull15Skull16

Nice print Truckle. It looks very clean.

You seem use the glue stick too much. I think it is enough to apply a little and then smear it around with a wet tissue until there is a thin film on the glass plate. Also the bed temperature is a bit too high. 60° should be enough (to make it stick like hell).

My first organic print is a scanned skull. Not my modell,

Looks great! the support structures looked like they would have caused some issues, but it turned out just fine! I guess support is a lot more forgiving on organic structures eh?

All it needs is a quick wash of some brown!

Looks great! the support structures looked like they would have caused some issues, but it turned out just fine! I guess support is a lot more forgiving on organic structures eh?

Thanx. There are some issues with the support structures, it was a lot of pain to remove it. I should have printed it with a little bit different orientation. And maybe with fewer structures.

Main issue is the wall thickness on some spots. The whole modell needs to be printed some percent bigger to avoid these problems. Or I have to modify the modell itself.

The paint on your walker is very impressive! I like it. :geek:

All it needs is a quick wash of some brown!

what do you mean by "quick wash..", is this a style/look or a technique to paint?

Would you use some brown paint with a lot of thinner to finish it?

It's over 20 years ago, that I have painted some D&D figures.

Can you recommend some pages with painting tutorials/techniques for real modells?

Like the page where you got your rust tutorial from.

I've added this guy to thingiverse if anyone wants to print him.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:297846

bust 03

Lot's of great prints lately i love it, the amazing stuff that can come out of the Ultimakers

This is great! nice finishing.

Feel like I haven't posted here enough in the past while :/

The print is not new, but the finish is! Trying out some rusty painty techniques found on the interwebs.

(This is the closest thing I have to a terminator.)

More pics x 16

http://www.redicubricks.com/rusty-jenner/

what do you mean by "quick wash..", is this a style/look or a technique to paint?

Would you use some brown paint with a lot of thinner to finish it?

It's over 20 years ago, that I have painted some D&D figures.

Can you recommend some pages with painting tutorials/techniques for real modells?

Like the page where you got your rust tutorial from.

That's like the same as me, I painted some figures and stuff way back when, and only started back up when I got the 3d printer. I even used the paints that I still had left over and they were amazingly still liquid.

I couldn't really find a good tutorial for washes that aren't for table top models, but it's really easy, you just water down your paints a LOT. Then brush it over all the details and crevices. Being all watery, the paint will just pool where there are natural grooves are, resulting in darker areas where your model is recessed. This will highlight a lot of the cracks and stuff in your skull model without having to really be all that precise.

Since you're printing a bunch of them you should try it out on a spare piece. It's really forgiving, if you mess up, brush over the same area with water.

I've posted this a few times, and it's not a free vid, but worth the money.

He use Oil washes extensively and explains how.

https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/tutorials/character-creation-tutorial-metallic-painting-stan-winston-school

That's like the same as me, I painted some figures and stuff way back when, and only started back up when I got the 3d printer. I even used the paints that I still had left over and they were amazingly still liquid.

I couldn't really find a good tutorial for washes that aren't for table top models, but it's really easy, you just water down your paints a LOT. Then brush it over all the details and crevices. Being all watery, the paint will just pool where there are natural grooves are, resulting in darker areas where your model is recessed. This will highlight a lot of the cracks and stuff in your skull model without having to really be all that precise.

Since you're printing a bunch of them you should try it out on a spare piece. It's really forgiving, if you mess up, brush over the same area with water.

Hey everyone. I'm new here and I just wanted to say I love all the stuff you guys are posting here. Great work everyone.

I have just purchased an ultimaker 2 from the imaker store in london and should hopfully get it on Friday!!! I'm sooooo excited its ridiculous! For a while I was thinking of getting a form 1 but there seem to be alot of issuse with it at the moment (huge lead times, small build volume, lots of customers reporting print failures over a certain size, needing to swap build platform for differnt resin types) and also as I live in the UK it would cost a bomb in import tax not to mention expensive material costs. I came across the ultimaker 2 When I whent to the Imaker store in london and was blown away by the quality of the prints that they had made on the ultimaker 2. I honestly didnt think that you could get such high quality with an FDM printer. Needless to say when weighing up the pros and cons Ultimaker came out on top. Don't get me wrong, I think that the form 1 is an awesome machine but I just dont think it's worth the money and hassle at the moment.

Any way I just wanted to say hi and that I very much look forward to sharing my work on here in the near future :grin:

Whoa! Some awesome prints lately.

Valcrow, that rusty Jenner looks superb, such great details. Your photography is good too, I should get my Canon out instead of using my iphone lol

I have been away all weekend, but tonight I will post some updates on the terminator arm :)

Edit : Leo, welcome to the forum. Great to see another UM2 owner. I bought mine from Imakr too. I had the same thoughts as you on the form1, it has a promising future but for now there are too many negatives.

I have printed my brothers brains that I had isolated from an MRi scan he had made as part of his studies in to neuro sience. I printed it out on 50% scale and gave it to him as a present for his graduation.

The model rendering:

IMAG1086

The print finished:

IMAG1094

Finished brains on a stand (also printed ofcourse)

IMAG1223

He was pretty surprised being able to hold his own brain... :mrgreen:

Haha, very cool idea. Great present.

But what happened with the print surface? Quite a few irregularities. Which print settings did you use?

Thanks. The surface looks worse than it is. It has more to do with my camera and lighting than with the print.

Today I printed my first modelled object itself. It's not as awesome as your prints. But I think it's still ok.

I've published it on youmagine if someone else wants to print it.

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ultimaker-toolbox.

Toolbox

Okay now it worked.

The reason you can't upload to the gallery is because your account is still "Validating". You should've gotten an e-mail with a link to validate your account when you signed up.

Arm in progress. Including the skull with this part gives me a flat bottom.

Upside down trumpet shaped supports provide a good stick and no breaking.

Arm print prog

Looks like a great start braddock.. looking forward to updates.

Life is easier now that I have my own ABS printed Little Helper!

photo 5

photo 4

photo 3

photo 2

photo 1

Since i lost the last one i printed i needed to reprint it.

DSCF0014

DSCF0018

DSCF0027

DSCF0015

DSCF0017

Are you a jedi?

I always wondered where Jedi's holster their lightsabers. Accidental discharge could take out your legs!

But seriously, what's that it's holding? looks like a nice print!

It is an E-Cig.... yes i vape :D

But i am also one with the force ;D

Haha, I was wondering what the hell that was too.. hopefully you can quit that habbit soon

Looks a great print! So many cables in your UM2, where are your covers lol