Current lead time and order process

Posted · Current lead time and order process

Hello everyone :)

Like many other people in this forum i recently ordered my Ultimaker 2 and am waiting for the delivery.

I can only hope that it will not take the full 4-6 Weeks...

So just for future reference I will keep track of the order process in this thread:

Ultimaker 2 ordered from Germany.

Order date: 11/17/2014

Paid: 11/18 (Money arrived on 11/20)

First ticket because I screwed up my email address in my first order:

11/19 12:02 PM -> 1:28 PM

Answered after just 1 1/2 hours(!!!) and the problem was solved really quick. I had created a new account with my real email address and the order was connected to the new account. Thanks for the great and fast support :D

At that point I received the order confirmation mail which said

We usually ship out regular items and the Ultimaker 2 within 5 business days after receiving full payment

At that point I had already read the FAQ and found out about the estimated 4-6 Weeks lead time.

So who should I trust? As many people already pointed out, during the order and on the ultimaker homepage the long delivery time is mentioned nowhere. The only information you get about the delivery time is in the confirmation mail. So is that information wrong?

What I would be really interested to know is if there is currently a difference between the US and EU delivery time. The FAQ doesn't differ between those. That is why my hopes for the 5 days are still up ;)

Second Ticket asking for the current lead time for my order.

11/24 3:35 PM

As there are a few projects involving several other people that are basically waiting for the UM2 to arrive, it would be great to be able to plan ahead. So even if the delivery time will be 4 Weeks, I would at least like to know the estimated date to be able to plan ahead.

As I am used to delivery times of 1-2 Weeks I did not plan to wait for over a month, so some rescheduling has to be done :wacko:

Sadly that second ticket was not answered yet.

(last update 11/25 8PM)

----

As I said in the beginning, I don't want to rush anything or anyone. I just like the idea of sharing our experiences, now that the delivery time seems to change every few days.

Greetings from Dortmund in Germany

Alex

• Replies 119
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As many people already pointed out, during the order and on the ultimaker homepage the long delivery time is mentioned nowhere. The only information you get about the delivery time is in the confirmation mail. So is that information wrong?

Whoops, I found the "Lead Time" information on the shop page https://www.ultimaker.com/products/ultimaker-2

Quite small, but it is there.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an update (editing seems not to be an option?):

My "sales" Ticket was answered on the 28. November (took 4 days).

Congratulations on purchasing your very own Ultimaker 2.

I understand you are eager to receive your very own 3D-printer.

Due to the high demand of the Ultimaker 2, the lead time at the moment of payment is 4-6 weeks.

We are working very hard to send out the Ultimaker and to decrease the lead time on short term.

When your printer is ready, you will receive a shipment notification, including tracking number.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I am happy to help!

Looks a lot like a copy-paste answer (sorry if I am wrong).

----

It seems that either the lead time is going down or there is indeed a difference in the leadtime between Europe and North America: http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/8612-super-random-delivery-dates-in-canada/

If there is any status between "Ready" and "Shipped" it would be great to know where my Ultimaker 2 is at the moment ;)

Order: R467431621

Greetings

Alex

Hi,

Edit button is kind of transparent (it's at left of the MultiQuote and Quote button at the bottom of the post).

The lead time is different between Europe And America because there's now an assembly there too.

The Status states Ready once the payment is received, I don't believe there's another status.

You might want to send a pm to sandervg on the forum if you want a feedback on your order status

@Frilex: Seems that we are waiting in the same queue :-) (Order-Nr.R270366228 ordered 28th Nov 2014). I share the same experience, after ordering my Ultimaker nothing seems to happen. Mails about the order status are not answered. Considering that they charged my PayPal account already with the full amount this is a little bit disturbing.

@Ultimaker team: Yes, you did a good job with your printers, we hope that you are all busy with production and shipment of our orders but please be more communicative to customers who already paid in full !

Great news!

My Ultimaker 2 was shipped about 30 minutes ago!

That means the lead time (calculated from the "payment received" day) is at 3.5 weeks for shipments in europe.

@Arnold: Yes, Ultimaker had my money for one month and from my todays financial situation I would have probably chosen the ultimaker original. That's why I felt a bit disappointed about the missing communication as well.

Especially an more accurate update about the lead time would have been great. For that exact reason I created this thread so I can finaly give this update, saying that the lead time is at 3.5 weeks right now.

Greetings

Alex

EDIT: Concerning my earlier problem with editing my posts: You can only edit the posts after you have clicked the link in the validation-email. For some reason I missed that mail.

@Frilex: Keep us updated, how long shipping took so we can estimate for our printers as well.

I'd suggest to publish the length of the order queue together with everyones place in this queue - or if you will the ranked order of the order numbers so anyone can guess himself how long he has to wait. Then all this discussions and thread would calm and quiet down :-)

Dear Ultimaker-Team,

you changed your login procedure on your shop and therefore I am unable to login with my account and password to lookup the order state of my order (Order-Nr.R270366228 ordered 28th Nov 2014). When I say "Forgot password" I receive a warning that this E-Mail address is not registered with you.

Now I am puzzled - please help.

The backend of the site was changed, which caused this problem. Your data is not lost. If you contact support, they can help you with getting your data back.

I have contacted support multiple times (a week ago) and nothing heard back. I opened just another supportticket (#GLQ-324-79917) and hope hearing from support soon...

Same here, my account that I used to order no longer works. I sent support an email a couple days back, but still have yet to here back. I would really like to get my account fixed so I can see what my order status is.

@Frilex: Keep us updated, how long shipping took so we can estimate for our printers as well.

Shipping was just one day! Got it on the 16 December and even managed to print out some christmas presents ;)

If you got the same lead time as I had, your printer should have been shipped two days ago. Add two days for the christmas holidays and it might even be today :)

@frilex: I consider myself to be optimistic, but as an German Bonmot says "Optimismus ist immer nur Mangel an Informationen". They have not responded to any attempt to connect to them for more than three weeks. The only thing happened was that my PayPal account has been charged within one hour.

Hi Arnold,

Thank you for your post.

I read your post and looked up your order in our system.

I saw my colleague Lily replied back to you on December 22nd.

It was to the ticket you pasted just a couple of posts before.

If you have not received the reply, let me know and I can have someone reach out to you again.

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Happy Newyear

I looked this up and found it in my spam folder, sorry for that. But basically she is saying that she can neither find out when my UM2 will be delivered nor can she do anything to speed things up. Tomorrow it was exactly 6 weeks ago when I ordered and paid. How long would you recommend to stay patient?

Ok, the printer has been delivered today - I am happy with this ! It took exactly 6 weeks from order to delivery. But my point holds true: Ultimaker must improve communication with customers

Six weeks? I'm on my 13th week without a tracking number. I got a support ticket reply which said I would receive tracking info after a week but that has since passed. I'm starting to get worried.

13th week? that can not be right.. what is your order number?

I'm about to hit 8 weeks waiting for mine to ship out. In hindsight it would have been a lot simpler to just order through Dynamism

R201735854-1

Correction here; I'm on my 10th week not my 13th week. For some reason I thought it ordered it on 10-11 but I ordered it on 11-10(sorry its been a while).

Nothing?

This is frustrating. Honestly I cannot justify this purchase with the lack of customer support I have come to expect from Ultimaker. This isn't the boat I want to be in if something goes wrong with my printer. I'm sure this is a great printer but I'd rather try my luck with a different company. Please cancel my order and issue a refund(R201735854-1).

Hi Orion,

Thank you for your post.

I just got back home after traveling from CES so there has only been a little bit of what I could have done so far.

Tomorrow when I am back in the office I will try to get a clear ETA of your order so you will know what we are facing, I can not imagine it being long. We will make this long wait right with you, our apologies for the inconvenience.

There are 2 different teams doing support, one is doing questions about orders and so on, and another team doing technical support. They are very skilled and will be a pleasure to work with.

Besides this team, we also have this huge community with experienced users who will all be able to aid you if you have any questions.

I hope this helps.

SandervG,

I understand that you're busy with tradeshows and I appreciate you trying to get us an ETA. We are not interested as past ETA's have been trivial. We only request our order to be cancelled and refunded as I stated in my previous post. As I said before, I'm sure Ultimaker is a great product, it was my company's first choice, but we're also falling behind.

If you're still considering a UM2 Orion, contact Dynamism. They usually get stock in every week and I literally had my UM2 delivered to me in Canada 3 days after the order went through.

So let me get this straight.

By "making this long wait right with me" you decided to OVERNIGHT my package AFTER I told you and Sabrina to cancel our order due to the foreseeable problems?

Getting what we paid for 10 weeks late doesn't make anything right.

I told two different people I wanted my order cancelled because I didn't want the company to be at the mercy of Ultimaker's support. I did not say to please overnight our order. When I said cancel our order I was serious.

This is our sixth 3d printer and we've never dealt with anything quite like this. Please get in touch with me about making this right.

I will talk it over with the company to see what they want to do.

Edit: European plug :/