Ultimaker Cura 4.9

fvrmr

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.9

I use W7 64bit of course and as I mentioned, 4.9.x tries to start. But after running "Loading UI" the border of the window will be shown very shortly and disappears. Could depends on my old GPU drivers. But what was changed to 4.9.x that is does not work, 4.8.0 runs perfectly.

Anyway, I usually use the Prusa slicer and as I mentiond above 4.8.0 runs perfectly.

3 hours ago, mrpresident said:

I use W7 64bit of course and as I mentioned, 4.9.x tries to start. But after running "Loading UI" the border of the window will be shown very shortly and disappears. Could depends on my old GPU drivers. But what was changed to 4.9.x that is does not work, 4.8.0 runs perfectly.

Anyway, I usually use the Prusa slicer and as I mentiond above 4.8.0 runs perfectly.

Without logs, there is really nothing we can do to help you.

As i've said before; Please report issues on github and fill in the bug template. We ask people to do that because you need to help us in order for us to be able to help you.

• Like 2

log file here:

%APPDATA%\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log (Windows), or usually C:\Users\\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gr5 said:

log file here:

%APPDATA%\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log (Windows), or usually C:\Users\\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log

Also recommended to grab the DxDiag logs as well, when submitting to GitHub:

DirectX diagnostics (Windows only): Go to 'Start', in the search box type 'dxdiag' and hit enter. In the dxdiag dialog, click 'save all information' in the bottom right corner.

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016538000-Saving-Ultimaker-Cura-logs

Cura 4.9.1 (adapted to Dremel 3D45 unsupported, I know) got/found an annoying bug ...

Support blocker can't be trusted in 4.9.1, see attached screen dump.

Would be pleased if this would work properly need to be 100% sure no supports inside hub

it cause unbalance in fan.

Cura_491_support_blocker_bug.jpg

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.9

Can't log into the site via Untilmaker Cura 4.9.1.  I either get a message in Firefox, which is the same browser I'm using to access your site, that says "Problem loading page" or

UltimakerAccount

Not signed in

Please allow the application to access the requested data. You can do this by signing in again and clicking Allow.  There is no Allow to click.

Edited by cfrank01
    misspelling

@Ohyst60 Try disabling "Use Towers" option in the support section

• Like 2

19 hours ago, pawPrinter said:

@Ohyst60 Try disabling "Use Towers" option in the support section

Thanks! that worked 🙂 (No bug ?) Why towers was enabled ... too many settings, I loose overview.

• Like 1

Can't see any materials installed from marketplace.  if i view in marketplace it says installed, but materials nowhere to be found

The materials in the Marketplace only come with profiles for Ultimaker printers, which are all 2.85 mm only.

Cura 4.9.1 wont load. It was woking fine and then it was not... When I start the program. The loading window appears and then it freezes. I uninstalled and installed again. Nothing changed, same problem.

image.png.bd323f0c7df48a5416e5881123e00498.png

10 hours ago, duf180 said:

Cura 4.9.1 wont load. It was woking fine and then it was not... When I start the program. The loading window appears and then it freezes. I uninstalled and installed again. Nothing changed, same problem.

As with any bug / issue: Please share logs.

On 5/18/2021 at 8:32 PM, GregValiant said:

@gsar333 What printer is that?  I haven't seen that sort of problem before.

Its the CR10-s Pro.  

On 5/18/2021 at 10:30 PM, mrpresident said:

This is not related to the main topic which was the not loading 4.9.x on Windows 7....

I´m not interested about failures on a MAC!!!

The topic was the release of the new version.  Try not to be a dick and be helpful instead.

Hi @gsar333.  I'm running Win10 Home 64 bit and Cura 4.9.1.  My video is in "compatibility mode" (this older video system doesn't support OpenGL 4.1).  I loaded a CR10-S Pro and it looks fine.  It appears that your view of the build volume is skewed even when ignoring the background mesh/machine.

Have you toggled between Perspective View and Orthographic View (Preferences | Configure Cura | Viewport Behavior) and does the problem occur in both modes?

11 hours ago, GregValiant said:

11 hours ago, GregValiant said:

Hi @gsar333.  I'm running Win10 Home 64 bit and Cura 4.9.1.  My video is in "compatibility mode" (this older video system doesn't support OpenGL 4.1).  I loaded a CR10-S Pro and it looks fine.  It appears that your view of the build volume is skewed even when ignoring the background mesh/machine.

Have you toggled between Perspective View and Orthographic View (Preferences | Configure Cura | Viewport Behavior) and does the problem occur in both modes?

Yep none of those views work. The entire placement/perspective is completely off and the zoom or vanishing point isn't even on the printer but high to the right behind the printer.  Rather than zoom to the build plate or middle of the screen it always zooms to the top right of the screen making it completely unusable.

Next, when I click and hold my scroll button/middle button I can drag the build plate around.  (That's what I have to do in Orthogonal because "scroll to mouse pointer" doesn't work for me when in orthogonal.)

At any rate, if you can drag it to the center maybe you can get by for a bit.

I haven't seen that problem before but I'm just a rummy dumb who came in off the street.  if you post a log file maybe someone from the team will see something.  In Cura go to Help | Show Configuration Folder and you will find Cura.log.  Close Cura, go to the location and delete Cura.log.  Restart Cura and the file will be created again but much shorter.  Bring in a model and do what you do moving it around.  Close Cura and post the log file here.  Posting the info about your computer, Operating System, video card, etc. will help as well.

On 6/1/2021 at 2:51 PM, duf180 said:

Cura 4.9.1 wont load. It was working fine and then it was not... When I start the program. The loading window appears and then it freezes. I uninstalled and installed again. Nothing changed, same problem.

Having this exact issue, were you able to find a solution/workaround?

On 6/9/2021 at 7:19 PM, Dugie said:

Having this exact issue, were you able to find a solution/workaround?

I had this problem as well.  It may have started after the latest MacOS update, but I can't say for sure.  Regardless, I noticed this in the log file:

2021-06-11 15:51:17,091 - DEBUG - [MainThread] cura.OAuth2.AuthorizationHelpers.parseJWT [114]: Checking the access token for [https://account.ultimaker.com/check-token]
    2021-06-11 15:51:17,299 - DEBUG - [JobQueWorker [2]] UM.Mesh.MeshData.calculateNormalsFromVertices [556]: Calculating normals took 0.00214385986328125 seconds
    2021-06-11 15:51:17,496 - WARNING - [MainThread] cura.OAuth2.AuthorizationHelpers.parseJWT [123]: Could not retrieve token data from auth server: {"errors": [{"id": "dec451e5-b44e-457c-9aef-bc6a198ad3b1", "code": "invalidToken", "http_status": "403", "title": "The given token is invalid.", "meta": {"error_type": "AuthError", "url": "https://account.ultimaker.com/check-token"}}]}
    2021-06-11 15:51:17,502 - DEBUG - [MainThread] cura.OAuth2.AuthorizationHelpers.getAccessTokenUsingRefreshToken [61]: Refreshing the access token for [https://account.ultimaker.com]
    2021-06-11 15:51:17,813 - DEBUG - [MainThread] cura.OAuth2.AuthorizationService._storeAuthData [250]: Attempting to store the auth data for [https://account.ultimaker.com]
    2021-06-11 15:51:17,817 - DEBUG - [MainThread] cura.OAuth2.AuthorizationHelpers.parseJWT [114]: Checking the access token for [https://account.ultimaker.com/check-token]
    2021-06-11 15:51:18,116 - WARNING - [MainThread] cura.OAuth2.AuthorizationHelpers.parseJWT [123]: Could not retrieve token data from auth server: {"errors": [{"id": "0be11182-6748-4790-8c93-b60dc848d01c", "code": "invalidToken", "http_status": "403", "title": "The given token is invalid.", "meta": {"error_type": "AuthError", "url": "https://account.ultimaker.com/check-token"}}]}

Once I saw that, I removed the following line from the cura.cfg file and that seemed to fix it:

ultimaker_auth_data =

Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS, 64 bit -  Cura 4.9.1 doesn't start. I reinstalled (removed and installed) through snap - it doesn't help. Cannot find any logs or .conf. How to completely remove all cura files and install again or where to find error logs?

20 hours ago, upbl said:

Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS, 64 bit -  Cura 4.9.1 doesn't start. I reinstalled (removed and installed) through snap - it doesn't help. Cannot find any logs or .conf. How to completely remove all cura files and install again or where to find error logs?

We don't provide anything via snap. THe only thing that we provide (and support) is the appimage.

Info about log files can be found here: https://github.com/ultimaker/cura/#logging-issues

• Like 2

Instead of using the snap, try using the AppImage as provided by Ultimaker. Ultimaker does not test or support the snap, nor any other version of Cura for linux other than the AppImage.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2021 at 4:57 PM, wesjanik said:

Once I saw that, I removed the following line from the cura.cfg file and that seemed to fix it:

ultimaker_auth_data =

Thanks for this! I was having the same issue where 4.9.1 would not start and I found the same token AuthErrors repeating in the log. Removing that line from cura.cfg immediately fixed the problem.

The issue was fixed by ahoeben for the 4.10 release, so updating should also do the trick.

• Like 1