IRobertI

Post your latest print!

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

I'm seeing a reverse option for pva:

Print a model of something, with pva around, as a cocoon. Surprise egg solvable in water!

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Posted · Post your latest print!

Print a model of something, with pva around, as a cocoon. Surprise egg solvable in water!

Yep the great @flowalistik did that :) it's a pretty fun idea :)

already done :) think it was flowalistik who did it ...

Yes @Titus I already tried that one! It's really cool, because PVA is translucent and you can see a shape inside, but you can't guess what it is. I gave it to a friend as a birthday present and it saved me some money of a real present. :p

If I print some more I will take some pictures while printing, it's really addictive to watch the model being printed inside another shape.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Haha, wow! I wish there was a video of the printing/dissolving!

Not entirely sure how to make sure Cura uses the PVA as 'egg' material, but then again I've never done dual extrusion ;)

I should start printing again. @SandervG I haven't seen a contest for a while now ;) Not expecting a win an UM3, perhaps nothing physically even(see suggestion topic on how to proceed with contests). Just want to get kickstarted to print something :p

Well it's quite easy to do (assuming you have the model you want to print and the egg designed).

Load the model you want to print in Cura assign the first core to it (PLA)

Load the egg model assign the second core to it (PVA)

Merge the models in Cura

Print

Voila

I think the tricky part (maybe not) is to design the egg because you need to make sure it surrounds the model perfectly (ideally also creating a platform for the model's first layer to be printed on

Well it's quite easy to do (assuming you have the model you want to print and the egg designed).

Load the model you want to print in Cura assign the first core to it (PLA)

Load the egg model assign the second core to it (PVA)

Merge the models in Cura

Print

Voila

I think the tricky part (maybe not) is to design the egg because you need to make sure it surrounds the model perfectly (ideally also creating a platform for the model's first layer to be printed on

I will try to share soon some Pokemon eggs designs so you can try it by yourselves. The design process is just as Didier said. I designed the egg surrounding the model and I exported it as if it was a PLA/PLA print, but I chose to use PVA for the outer part (the egg), with a nice surface to start printing PLA just over it without any adhesion problem.

Haha, wow! I wish there was a video of the printing/dissolving!

Not entirely sure how to make sure Cura uses the PVA as 'egg' material, but then again I've never done dual extrusion ;)

I should start printing again. @SandervG I haven't seen a contest for a while now ;)Not expecting a win an UM3, perhaps nothing physically even(see suggestion topic on how to proceed with contests). Just want to get kickstarted to print something :p

You are totally right! There is a contest coming up pretty soon, I'll let you know when it is live.

I wanted to create a more long-term concept for the contests, but I kinda got overwhelmed with the Ultimaker 3 launch.

When the dust has settled down a bit I will collect my different thoughts and share them. In the meantime, if you have any thoughts, this topic is still open :)

Edited by Guest

Hey guys, it's been a while.

I've been doing some new prints. I used 3d hubs to print some of the smaller parts on a form2 but the main bulk of these models where done on my Ultimaker2.

I'd love to have the chance to use an Ultimaker3 and see what can be done without the restrictions of slicing my models into many many parts.

Predator:

This is my latest print I made for a lecture that I gave in Bulgaria last weekend.

leo-haslam-predprint.jpg?1478110531

leo-haslam-predprintcloseup.jpg?1478110541

Alien:

I made this guy for my lecture that I gave at IFCC 2016 earlier this year. His tail is missing in this image as I had to put him in a suitcase in order to get him to Croatia for IFCC

leo-haslam-alienprintfront.jpg?1478108096

leo-haslam-alienprintback.jpg?1478107912

leo-haslam-xenorender.jpg?1478108181

VR Zombie:

Another print made for IFCC 2016. This guy was really fun to make.

leo-haslam-25.jpg?1478106447

leo-haslam-zombiecloseup.jpg?1478106405

• Like 5

You should make a time lapse of how you print, process, paint and finish such amazing models

• Like 1

Those are bloody fantastic. I could nit pick about things that doesn't quite fit my ideal for those particular monsters, but damn, who cares. Those sculpts, prints and most importantly, paint jobs, are amazing.

• Like 1

Those are bloody fantastic. I could nit pick about things that doesn't quite fit my ideal for those particular monsters, but damn, who cares. Those sculpts, prints and most importantly, paint jobs, are amazing.

Wow, thanks man, I really appreciate it :)

C0Cm_KsXUAEbReU.jpg

This is my latest print, and it's on my Top 3 ever.

I wanted to try the Fuzzy Skin feature in Cura 2.3, so I imported a dual extrusion model and enabled this feature in one of the two parts. I really like the result.

It's not very functional, but seeing that the slicer gives you some creative freedom, it's a great opportunity to experiment. I wouldn't have been able to do this with the design program. :)

• Like 6

DK.thumb.png.8d7a93e7b767500d1dd764dc24dd2277.png

yep... yours looks better in bronzefill  :)   the matte is more suitable ...

I'd say this is a legit McDonald's Happy Meal toy! Congratulations, you're into cheap toy manufacturing!

• Like 1

My latest print

Cool video!! Do you make these often?

My latest print

Cool video!! Do you make these often?

That's the idea yea! Thanks Sander!