Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!
4 hours ago, SandervG said:

Amazing prints and post-processing skills. @LePaul, did you also see the BB-8? 

I've been buried in emails from the forum so I missed it the first few times....that's a nice job on that BB-8  The weathering is great, too!

I have a ways to go on mine, still printing segments of the body!

On 1/1/2018 at 10:18 PM, cloakfiend said:

Not my latest, but one of my favs....

Yay I got the copperplating solution to work! Ive given up on the 3d prints section....

20171231_162725.jpg

Wow. From the photo I can't tell if this is a 3D-print or a real bronze model.

• Like 1

Its copper, lol, but looks like bronze. Its quite weird. Straight after plating it looks gold, then it goes copper orange and ageing it makes it look bronze! take your pick! not all plates come out shiny though if things go wrong! some come out frosted which may also be desirable?

1 hour ago, cloakfiend said:

Its copper, lol, but looks like bronze. Its quite weird. Straight after plating it looks gold, then it goes copper orange and ageing it makes it look bronze! take your pick! not all plates come out shiny though if things go wrong! some come out frosted which may also be desirable?

Whatever you want to spec the final version color out, it still looks metal cast. That is impressive.

So, I am catching up on a few projects. This first one, when finished, will be a night light for my newborn grandson...one month old on the 11th. I just started to paint the base and then have to wire it up, so we shall see. Until then, I have to hold it up to the light to check translucency. Original scan file can be found here. I modded the heck out of the original file. Then I had to make it print with just one wall and hollow so that a light can go up into it. Otherwise  he would just have a glowing butt when lit.

CharlieFront.thumb.jpg.90cb6e2557373b76f91685fc28e70826.jpgCharlieBack.thumb.jpg.0bcf71c55bef2dfb128ec3bd36fcb858.jpgCharlieLightThrough.thumb.jpg.352a84f5a8218adba006dc643cb7a0a7.jpg

This is for my oldest grandson. He loves spiders, so, found this on Thingiverse and printed/painted it. Used spray can paints and then gone over with fingernail polish. You can find the original file here.

SteampunkSpiderSwarm.thumb.jpg.60c3e042ae3b9f9613e57f23b5cb19fe.jpgSteampunkSpiderSwarm2.thumb.jpg.0e9fc85e4f0c0d4af8ff2e3ece4b0665.jpg

And finally, We are Groot. I found some Baby Groot clipart and turned it into a 3D printed part. I have to mount it on the retainer and then put it on an LED nightlight, but until then, I hold it up to the light to check see through. I did want it that transparent so it would not be too dark at night. Groot during the day, Groot ghost at night..... Printed with clear PLA, sprayed with a clear to keep paint from seeping into the PLA, then washed with acrylics and then sealed again. This is my daughter in law, who just had my grandson. I was going to do either Hugh Jackson or Tom Hiddleston until I found out that Baby Groot had stolen her heart.......

WeAreGroot.thumb.jpg.fd1a40299e77c101f0025c188b70d040.jpgGrootLightThrough.thumb.jpg.d6e48384f0b003965e55100029a18758.jpg

• Like 1

Nice dude, I wish i knew how to hook up bespoke leds and lights to things. I always got a mate to do it. Need to look in to switches and stuff. Too much to learn and simply not enough hours in the day! 

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!
    1 hour ago, cloakfiend said:

Nice dude, I wish i knew how to hook up bespoke leds and lights to things. I always got a mate to do it. Need to look in to switches and stuff. Too much to learn and simply not enough hours in the day! 

Thank you :)

Edit: oh yeah....I will let you know how the wiring goes :p

Edited by kmanstudios

Just finished cleaning this gremlin sculpt up. This is the smallest I could go as the teeth would not go much smaller!!! Also it will just fit into my plating beaker! Nice not to have to glue the damn thing together compared to the dogs Ive been doing lately!!!!

20180112_005225.jpg

• Like 2

If you would say it was resin I would also have believed it, looks good!

• Like 1

Nope the usual pla/pha....

20180111_090818.jpg

Edited by cloakfiend
    • Like 1

Darned nice print before you smoothed it!

• Like 1

Thanks, I messed up one of the ears when smoothing it and I think it has split due to overdoing it as I was worried it didnt smooth enough at the start, but hey you live and you learn! I've learnt not to get to annoyed when I destroy my prints as I rarely do prints over 9 hrs anyways, and its when im sleeping so I dont really mind, I can always do them again! it was only 2m of filament anyways! lol.

I do not see a split in the smoothed pic.....must really be tiny. :)

Very tiny little ones, maybe not a split but uneveness like in my video of the thing, you must remember that the model surface changes over time, which is why smoothing is difficult because you never really know when to stop doing it. You generally get a feel for it!

Well here is Stripe in copper, came out real nice. Maybe too shiny!!! will distress him and bring out all the details. Next time ill do him with his ears down so i can print him bigger and still fit in my beaker!

IMG_0876.JPG

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

• Like 5

Sweet :)

Yowzer! Awesome finish. I'm sure we are all gagging to find out how you pull off such remarkable finishes. When are you revealing your dark arts?

Acetone, attention to detail, and patience..... and a tiny bit of sanding..... and no children, even though I could still do it with children, but they would have to be wearing full face gas masks pretty much the entire time. :p I'm sure they would have more fun than I would!!!!

I'm probably gonna die early! ;p

Edited by cloakfiend

Hi guys,

I'm new to the community. I'm enjoying my ultimaker 2+ since couple of year now. This machine is super great and I never stop experiencing to get the most of it. Not easy to follow up though with all the updates, new material and stuff. But love this.

I' using mostly my ultimaker to build mold therefore I'm not that into the detail of the best finishing of my prints. I use mostly the most rapid execution possible.

here an example of my recent creation. It's a fully functional coffee machine based on Nespresso Essenza mini. ( I Love coffee) I have created a concrete version of the aesthetical cover. The mold have been printed with PLA filament.  I use mostly PLA, simple, no odor and stuff.

There are plenty  of question I do have and therefore I will be visiting and participating to the community. Sharing experiences to get the most of each is great.

If you have any question, let me know

cheers

daniele | bollicine-studio

IMG_0067.JPG

• Like 7

Hey @Bollicine, welcome to the community!

This print is quite an introduction, it looks great. How come after using your Ultimaker 2+ for a few years already, you have now decided to join the community? You are more than welcome of course, I am just curious. Do you also drink from the concrete cup, I assume it is coated with something then?

Is your concrete cover solely a shell covering your regular coffee machine, or did you remove the existing cover? 

Looking forward seeing more of your work! 

10 hours ago, SandervG said:

Hey @Bollicine, welcome to the community!

This print is quite an introduction, it looks great. How come after using your Ultimaker 2+ for a few years already, you have now decided to join the community? You are more than welcome of course, I am just curious. Do you also drink from the concrete cup, I assume it is coated with something then?

Is your concrete cover solely a shell covering your regular coffee machine, or did you remove the existing cover? 

Looking forward seeing more of your work! 

Hi, 

thanks for your message.

Time flies.... :-) I think now its the right time to join the conversation as I build up some experience since then. I know where are my actual limits and will looking for advices to increase my skills. But I'm sure, I'll be able to give back some of my experience as well. I spent long time to test and run several 3D modelling CAD software to find out the most suitable software tool for me. I could finally buy and learn with Rhino. One year ago. I'm quite autonomous now:-) sketch, draw, print, learn and reload.

For sure I'll share some of my work. For most of them, you will not see directly the printout as they are often used in internal chassis or for moulding, but I have some projects where the 3d printout will be visible and therefore I'll have to pay extra attention to it.

For the concrete coffee machine, the original cover has been indeed removed. In addition, I have slightly modified the original chassis ( I had to move the coffee buttons originally positioned on the top, to the side of the machine) and rebuilt coffee button mechanism.

The concrete cup is just for the picture. Not suited to drink from it.

Cheers,

daniele | bollicine-studio

On 1/14/2018 at 8:58 PM, Bollicine said:

. The mold have been printed with PLA filament.  I use mostly PLA, simple, no odor and stuff.

Love it. Any tips to share on concrete molds and the production process?

Sorry for the sickness! But this one came out absolutely disgusting. The sickest thing I've made I think. Shame I didn't finish the hair :(. Nice concrete coffee maker by the way!! I love the cup! 

Screenshot_20180116-014526.jpg

Edited by cloakfiend
    • Like 2