Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!
23 minutes ago, phantom said:

That makes sense but minifigs heads look very clean as well so that had me questioning how you print it this clean.

I would have been really surprised if the tolerance would have been higher then 0.05mm I don't thing it would be this nice. My guess was Colorfabb PLA, but had not heard of Polyalchemy or Fillamentum and see they have the same tolerances.

Going to try those out sometime, thanks ?

The bottom of the heads don't look as nice as the top, but I did add a fillet where the neck meets the bottom of the head to make it a slightly less problematic printing transition. Also, Cura's supports did a very nice job. Most of the filaments I have are Fillamentum/FilamentOne. They've printed consistently great for me. The Polyalchemy stuff is very unique with an extremely shiny, almost metallic appearance.

We did a 9 day print recently on the Ultimaker S5. I love how this turned out. Admittedly, that tail is so fragile, I'm a little afraid to breathe whenever I walk by it.

We've got the S5 set up on a custom rolling cart we built with some built in storage areas.

The STL is here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:284409

Enlight21.thumb.JPG.8d6bea34d15ebd98b6c0127097efe669.JPGIMG_2548.thumb.JPG.e2853efcbfb1d192273a04123347ed48.JPGIMG_2553.thumb.JPG.e77ea2229bcfa66513425ec7da5884fb.JPG

• Like 8

12 hours ago, starbuck said:

@fbrc8-erin how did the spool of PVA do over 9 days of being out?

No issues. It's still as solid at the end of the print as it was at the start. I will admit I took the precaution of using a new spool, but that was also partly because the estimated PVA usage for this one was almost a whole spool. There was still a little left on the spool though and I used that on another print without issue. 

I think when you're constantly printing with it (like on a long print), you're consistently exposing new PVA, as opposed to having a rolls that's been sitting open for a month or two. I've definitely printed with some marginal PVA in the past--stuff that had been left out a while, but that I thought was still firm enough. On those cases I knew I was taking a chance and sometimes it turned out okay, and other times...time to clean the Core after it either wrapped around the feeder or the filament got brittle in the tube (depending on whether it was left out in an office during winter months with the heater on, or left out in the humidity). I've partly done some prints with PVA that's been exposed to get a better idea of how to recognized when it's gone bad, and when it may still be okay to use but not quite as clean.

• Like 2

I just finished this. It was a multi-part print for ease of painting. Some of it I am not sure what happened...but hey, it is purty....And, I am unanimous in that ?

Test Render

SweetiePie_03.thumb.jpg.8ea3b0dcaaad9ba774e2d14fc3a0d1f3.jpg

Parts

DSC02654.thumb.jpg.4b0e1c1eb341933ba71d60ab29bbec79.jpg

Finished piece

DSC02680.thumb.jpg.729a8aacc474d7f585783d69c7458a6d.jpg

DSC02681.thumb.jpg.7313ef3a06f42d38f1fbb0858ce9e446.jpg

DSC02682.thumb.jpg.4c52ce94f8cbf55a7e0d654de680e00f.jpg

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, geert_2 said:

These would fit well on the bar of a classy restaurant, as an eye catcher, I think.

I fully agree with that!

• Like 1

Just so you know, I did have outside art inspiration:

1) I love art deco.....and if I ever figure a way to do something in the vein of Mucha, I will.....

2) Not a big fan of pop art, but I did like a certain element to it and when it was done very well, I really liked it. I remember when I wanted to be an album cover artist in the vein of the 60's and 70's. There was an airbrushed piece done by Dave Willardson called :Fork it over. That is where the escaping cherries came from in idea.....that sploogy, liquidy look.

image.thumb.png.c7d3d68f9cf2e5bb90b8dc77b6765597.png

So, i guess you would call it Pop Deco?

Thanks to all :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

TY kmanstudios!  Here is another photo of the same cube in translucent red PETG.  Below is Cura with a spice bowl design that turned out to be somewhat Klingon in theme.  The bowl did not print well so i an trying a different approach to printing it.  

Les

Cube plus Spice Bowl.JPG

Edited by LesHall
    • Like 1

This is an egg I made for my granddaughter to 'hatch,'  UM PVA Egg with PLA surprise inside ?

Snapchat-1310375012.thumb.jpg.07575411976c1775940dd9fb7c14182a.jpg

Snapchat-1694797883.thumb.jpg.29cafbee29ef7fe367fefb32656c5eda.jpg

Snapchat-491005684.thumb.jpg.f296d7abab3245f44707e6d4fb1c3053.jpg

Edit: You know I was out of it because I did not credit the creator of the Pikachu. I did create and set it up with the egg and PVA, but I did modify the tail a bit to fit inside the egg. But, I am not the creator of the Pikachu model.

File name: Pikachu Deluxe Hug pose

Creator: Geoffro (Geoff Wicks)

Edited by kmanstudios
    • Like 5

Latest print over the weekend! Took 1 day and 18 hours to print these trophies at .15mm layers. Here's the time-lapse video and a snapshot. Printed with Gold Happens on the Ultimaker S5 with a 0.4mm PrintCore. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oXysdaCuLJUymwMK8 

IMG_20180702_090658.thumb.jpg.9662a7d063a56eef23402092bfd8fdb2.jpg

• Like 4

A teaser for a new print that just came off the printer and got cleaned. I got the case for it today, so I actually had to doctor it a bit to make it fit the glass dome. Took my heat gun to it and made just a few mods from final print to making it fit. A lot of painting and set design to go with this.

DaBatster.thumb.jpg.3611238b75586afeea62d6a599c0feec.jpg

Edited by kmanstudios
    • Like 3

*Appreciative whistle* You never cease to amaze with your intricate prints...

Thank you ? I am going to do a post with how I made this thing from sculpting to finished project soon. ?

Da Clumsy Noob is Back!!