Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!
4 hours ago, kmanstudios said:

Thank you ? I am going to do a post with how I made this thing from sculpting to finished project soon. ?

Da Clumsy Noob is Back!!

Can't wait to read it! Welcome back. ?

Tank yew veddy much! It has been much better now that I have changed primary care docs and the meds are staight now.... I just gotta finish first ? and document the steps ?

OK, So as I gain steam on getting things done, this is a concept piece as well as a test model I made to try out painting techniques.

I downloaded the Mondoshawan model (no way to improve on it and a big "Fifth Element" Geek and then made the base for it to sit on.

Of course, I dropped it and broke a few of the spiny things on top, but it was a test and that is ok. Still clumsy.......

Test Render/Design for 15.5" model total:

TestRender.thumb.jpg.f15a7ce989595f792be60c8a8692d774.jpg

Actual Painted small test model.....dropped and damaged, but what better to test painting on?

1.thumb.jpg.873fc513cddfdac2efe338b0b798e60b.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.a2768212701de3181d49d04925385acc.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.e99b9c19b0bf8f7da4e672290bff212c.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.9bf6b086d78dfc26c5b5a6506b4e9dc3.jpg

Printing out the main body right now. Sigh....6 day print....sigh.....

• Like 2

So, this guy is done. I will take a look again tomorrow with fresher eyes. But, soon I will doing a full "Clumsy Noob" on this from first model to completion. Just gotta get the brain back in gear....there is a lot of stuff to sort. But for now, here it is.

BattyDone.thumb.jpg.44e4ed3dd288ebae11f6ec1a838ae652.jpg

• Like 3

Lamp Design, full plate on S5. Not finished yet and may reprint the wave with a PETG or T-Glas to see if I can get a more crystalline look to the structure. PLA on both parts.

Kanagawa.thumb.jpg.0e33eec8e51d7c9f8899d703c07eb7b2.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Brulti said:

Wow, retractions on the clear part must have been a ... Erm. You know what I mean. ?

A lot of my stuff is extremely retraction heavy :)

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

That is incredible work on all of these pieces.

For a lot of people, a 3D printer is a great way to get something made,  but this is a whole other level. 

It's like comparing someone who plays a piano competently to an artist who just brings it to life. There are nuances that just make all the difference.

Inspiring.

John

Edited by JohnInOttawa

Thank you kind sir ? Honestly, the UM3E and S5 really bring out the best in that I do not worry about a lot of other things that others have to worry about.

But starting out as a traditional artist, then branching into CG and then 3D CG, I always wanted to hold in my hand what was in my head ?

• Like 2

Good work kman! Keep it up! I have some catching up to do.... need to post a few things up to prove my existance lol.

27 minutes ago, cloakfiend said:

Good work kman! Keep it up! I have some catching up to do.... need to post a few things up to prove my existance lol.

You are not forgotten. We know you gots things to do. :) I just finished a round of catching up myself.

I really look forward to the cool stuff you post!!

And, my giant sized Mondoshawan is finally finished.

Noglass.thumb.jpg.9373ba853eae16fa028ca8ac30171afa.jpg

And all closed up in his case. That is a 2 Euro coin for size comparison. It is a tad larger than a US Quarter.

Done.thumb.jpg.392e7b2de2d6dd0cea9f47c130fe2646.jpg

Time to take a break.....I forgot to post he proper credits. The Mondoshawan model came from Thingiverse.

The base I designed. The model is a great one. Well made and very, very detailed.

Edited by kmanstudios
    • Like 6

Wow, really really good work @kmanstudios !! And men.. did I love pinky and the brain when I was a kid. Little trip down to memory lane. 

Do you have a photo with the wave-lamp turned on?

Unfortunately, I have been so busy with printing and designing, that I have not cleared off a space for basic soldering. And, that means I have about ten fractal lamps to finish with the hardware and bases.....BTW, the Wave is a fractal I bent all out of shape and I think I am going to reprint it in a PETG to see if it can be more crystalline. Coming eventually....LOL.....That includes things like the Nautilus King, and other crazy stuff.

Sigh....Pinky and the Brain when a young'un......I am so old!! LOL

Edited by kmanstudios

That mondoshawan, looks metallic, duplo colour? or plate? or brassfill or?

looks real nice.

10 minutes ago, cloakfiend said:

That mondoshawan, looks metallic, duplo colour? or plate? or brassfill or?

looks real nice.

Thank you ?

It is Dupli-Color Metal Cast Anodized Colors.

They do a great job and a touch of Krylon original Chrome and Gold.....

oh...gone over with a brush in acrylic washes.

Edited by kmanstudios
    • Like 1

This is my next print....who knows how it will turn out.....

original image and my 3D realisation. Ive done a few of these but this was my childhood fave.....I still have the book. Iain McCaig the guy who did the artwork, also worked on Starwars. He is an amazing artist, much respect! still gotta rotate the head a bit but ill try that last due to drawing with symmetry. I dont mind printing this one multiple times. Its so cool.

maxresdemfault.jpg

shapechanger.jpg

Edited by cloakfiend
    • Like 4

2 hours ago, cloakfiend said:

This is my next print....who knows how it will turn out.....

original image and my 3D realisation. Ive done a few of these but this was my childhood fave.....I still have the book. Iain McCaig the guy who did the artwork, also worked on Starwars. He is an amazing artist, much respect! still gotta rotate the head a bit but ill try that last due to drawing with symmetry. I dont mind printing this one multiple times. Its so cool.

maxresdemfault.jpg

shapechanger.jpg

Awesome!! Very, very good!

• Like 1

In the meantime here is a copper plated bobble head. Not glued yet. but im happy with it. the base has a nice weight to it too. I double plated it due to my wires being frayed first time round and not enough voltage was going through! secong time worked better. Even after polishing compounds simply chucking it back in the tank with a re-plate over the bad areas worked just fine! My other plate is in a state of ruin, but it might just add to the look as the 2 plate attempts are poor and overlapping and crumbling off. looks kinda cool though! with a polish and patina, might just look epic after!

20180724_112901.jpg

• Like 3

Heres the messed up one.....not given up on it yet. This is what happens when you get casual and try oversize plates with no preping what so ever. Everything need to be perfect for plating. If not this will happen very often....but think of how cool a blue patina on this will be!!!

20180702_081316.jpg

Awesome Bobble head dude ?

Huh...I would love to see the blue patina on the "Temple of Doom' guy. ?

Trouble is a blue patina is hardcore compared to a green one, it just keeps going untill it eats all the copper! I'll need a way thicker coat for the blue!!!

Ill may do that today, its been lying about on one of my shelves for so long now, I have a few large ones, I may actually do the giger one today thats been lying around for months after the initial failure, I was meant to send that to a friend weeks ago! I have two so I'll keep one and he can have the other!

Oh man, I love Giger's work....ever since Brain Salad Surgery in my youngster days....Him and Roger Dean.

I would love to see your Giger ?