Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Space Cars! Designed for wings up for parking and wings out for flying.....

DSC02839.thumb.jpg.a6f1b20869e7b15b0b877ddcf5f62494.jpg

Not as smooth as I would have liked. But it was super cheap filament and layer lines do tend to show more on slanted surfaces. This was done a little while back when I was just starting to really to try and lock down my settings too. Just now thought about posting them.

• Like 1

I printed some abstract art this weekend using about 200g of NylonX.  Now I just need to build a display case.

image.thumb.png.3e6d25c335485d36149445d36cfcea0a.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jakeddesign said:

I printed some abstract art this weekend using about 200g of NylonX.  Now I just need to build a display case.

You could actually probably sell it. I mean Jackson Pollock sold his drop cloths :P

6 hours ago, Jakeddesign said:

What was it supposed to be? A phone case?

On 7/30/2018 at 9:51 PM, geert_2 said:

What was it supposed to be? A phone case?

no, it was a bracket for a special fixtures used to remove a steel core from a molded cylinder.  Ill post some pictures in my NylonX thread.

Hi Folks,

I've never been posting any prints (model) I'd made here, but this time I've simply have to share.. Right now I'm working in Japan, far away from home in Norway.

So I have no access to my printer, but my two sons have..

Anyway, the older one sent me a picture of a print he made. To my surprise he made a 3D drawing of the old Hansa faucet we have on the kitchen sink, that's have a shower in combination with the faucet. This one is now kind of old, since 83.. so about 35 years I'll say. Anyway, the plastic housing of the shower part does not work very well any more and spreading water all over the place, -kind of awaiting to be replaced.. 

So yesterday I've got a picture of the old shower device together with a gray printed copy he made as an replacement for the old one.

Not just that, he also sent a small video of how the new shower adapter worked.

So he told me he is looking for some filament that's food qualified and can be used for producing this kind of parts for drinking water.

He used PLA that's the stuff doctors using for support inside "our" body during surgery.  The PLA dissolve inside body and leave no trace. -Is there something I'm missing here?

Anyway, I'm impressed by those young guys, they just makes those things easily like that.

Some says, seeing is believing.

Well, another way of creating valuable parts using a 3D printer.

Sorry folks, not allowed to upload a 1 Mg byte video, so  had to skip.  :/

I've almost skipped the whole thing due to this latter..

Thanks

Regards

Torgeir.

download_20180807_124503.jpg

• Like 5

That ranks up there in the way cool-o-sphere :)  Way to go guys!

19 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

He used PLA that's the stuff doctors using for support inside "our" body during surgery.  The PLA dissolve inside body and leave no trace. -Is there something I'm missing here?

PLA? Are you sure? Could it be PVA? That one dissolves in water and is quite bio-compatible (but not for all people - some show an allergic reaction).

Those biodegradable coffee cups say they are made from pla. And what else though???

Hi Kmanstudios,

Thanks for the flowers to the guys. :)

And yes, PLA is the filament that's seems to be more and more used for medical issues.

Just have a look here:

https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/ben/rpgm/2014/00000004/00000001/art00004?crawler=true

And here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5220021/

I'll think we're just in an early stage here.

Thanks

Regards

Torgeir

We printed some laptop stands (wedges).  Good news is they just BARELY fit on the buildplate - diagonally.  We need (2) per laptop, so I decided to stack them with a bit of PVA in between for a tasty PLA PVA sandwich!

image.thumb.png.3b697870658ea9f9816552115d03e587.png

image.thumb.png.8af174f44da831365ae0e81c49ab301a.png

• Like 3

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!
    34 minutes ago, Jakeddesign said:

so I decided to stack them with a bit of PVA in between for a tasty PLA PVA sandwich!

That is clever! And, yeah, is it not amazing that you can easily start to find projects that will just fill up your printing area?

Edit: PVA sammich...nom nom nom....mmmmmmmm

Edited by kmanstudios

On 8/8/2018 at 6:28 PM, Torgeir said:

So he told me he is looking for some filament that's food qualified and can be used for producing this kind of parts for drinking water.

Doesn't he need something that might is able to withstand hot water too, something more heat resistant?

48 minutes ago, Jakeddesign said:

so I decided to stack them with a bit of PVA in between for a tasty PLA PVA sandwich!

Smart! ?

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

The S5 knocked this one out of the park. I made a crane (1 meter long when at full extension). Client was happy and now producing two official copies.

DSC02916.thumb.jpg.e7fc918fbedabcc528085c73dea503e8.jpg

DSC02918.thumb.jpg.2da6610607abeb414a97441cbc2b4010.jpg

DSC02917.thumb.jpg.2e72a812b5df46c7cc7abae6ff46bcb6.jpg

DSC02919.thumb.jpg.6f87d0db41e0e991d3f9fff26011c236.jpg

Making a couple of changes to make the final models be spot on.

Edit: Made with UM White TPLA.

Edited by kmanstudios
    • Like 8

Nicework, Kman!

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much!!