Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!
21 hours ago, gr5 said:

Made these 2 custom downspout diverters.  Each one is a different angle.  Used openScad to design.  S5 to print.  zero support was needed.  Oh - also the brown barrel has a white hose clamp that I modeled in DSM and printed with Nylon filament.

2019-05-23 16.28.47.jpg

2019-05-24 10.26.48.jpg

Are these diverters also printed in nylon? Or in another material (they don't look like nylon on the photo)?

Could you keep us updated on how well they survive outdoors, and if there is any UV-degradation over time? We haven't seen very much outdoor applications on this forum.

• Like 1

Oh.  Outdoor performance.  🙂

Well these are PLA and I have other outdoor PLA.  I have a knob that gets a few hours of sun each day for the past 5 years and gets rained on (no protection from rain).  It looks like the day I printed it.  It's Ultimaker gray PLA.

The postal number of my house (as in 15 Main street - the "15" part) is also printed in PLA then primed then painted black.  That is a few years old but gets no sunlight and is protected from rain.  Mostly.  That still looks new.

I'll report back in a few year (or sooner if the diverters start to droop as I suspect they might).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd try to print some glasses on a model rather than adding ,(my photogrammetry scanned cousin). Glasses were scanned separately on a table by the way. Printing worked great but made the eyes harder to clean up being behind the glasses. Default support settings. Sprayed white. I'm starting to experiment with paint now...

Pooh brown colorfabb at 0.06

Hopefully ill have a model in space by Monday, fingers crossed.

IMG_8788.JPG

IMG_8792.JPG

• Like 6

It was tricky before but now its easy and free and even offline. I used zephyr lite. It has a limit of only 50 photos but seeing as that is plenty for a bust its fine. There is also an included mask maker, so you highlight the subject and separate it from the background. Its super quick and easy, even though it still takes a bit of time doing it 50 times, but its so worth it. I wish Autodesk had a free small photo limit. But the masking makes a massive difference. Ive used tons of these proggies and this one has it all. But sorry PC only.

I'm in the business of laser scanning if anybody needs a high resolution high accuracy scan of anything please get in touch and I'll see what I can do. 

• Like 1

Does any one know of a high quality scanning company in the USA?

9 hours ago, marcottt said:

I tried to scan head of my son but was really bad scan result.  I use my samsung s7 and an action cam but no result. 

Did you use a special or different cam? 

Phone cams tend to be better for photogrametry as there tends to be more in focus. Its the moving subject thats the main issue. Thats why masking is key plus some basic pointcloud cleanup. Makes a world of difference. Dont forget that even breathing will ruin a scan to some extent hence using masks to separate. Try to do it on a plain backgrounc if your gonna be masking... just goes a lot faster.

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

This is a work in progress. Since surgery, I am working with some side effects (still) so, I am slow and having to work bunches to get around them. Printed on the S5.

This is the model on the build plate. Still not finished. Gotta really sharpen details and work a bit more on the overall bust.

HulkModel07-17.thumb.jpg.1f1c98f9d1493e64c3caf6106327405f.jpg

Sliced, you can see the details disappear.....

HulkSliced07-17.thumb.jpg.7a909132b38bac0d83dae966a35ee856.jpg

Print is rough as hell....After years of no PVA issues, getting them now... ☹️

HulkPrint_01_07-17.thumb.jpg.01abf4a695e1c3552e685ee9d04f3cbc.jpg

HulkPrint_02_07-17.thumb.jpg.70d431fae53693640a8f393099891d77.jpg

Edited by kmanstudios
    • Like 2

Hope the surgery went well @kmanstudios! and wishing you a speedy recovery!! I need some of your inspiration. I've been mainly working on speed optimized support structure generation for my models. But I've also done tons of scanning and finally used my 3D pen for urgent work!!! To those without 3d pens, If you have big holes or massive welds to do, there is no better tool! I printed replacement arms for my model because elements on the others were wrong, so rather than printing the entire thing again, I simply reprinted the arm and helmet and then welded them together using the same colour filament in a few mins, then dremelled it down and a touch of filler and job done. only using filler this would have taken way too long and no glue was used at all.

20190626_025532.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks @cloakfiend 🙂 The surgery was back in January, but troubles persist. I cannot tell you how many prints are made, but due to fine motor control issues, I have not been able to finish them. Kinda hard to paint without fine motor control. Kinda makes sanding and finishing a bit difficult. Lots of issues that myself and the medical team are working to find ways to help things out. Just gotta remap the brain, if possible.....

But, that print looks awesome :) Glad to hear that the 3D pen is working for you.

• Like 1

I hear you about the motor skills, It taken me many years just to gain the ones I have at the moment. Given time brains luckily tend to remap themselves so fingers crossed for you!! Will be posting some pics for your entertainment soon!!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

This orange component removes the finished parts from the press. The part replaced an aluminum part, which in each case additionally had to be equipped with a teflon glider and was also much more expensive to manufacture.
    In addition, the 3d printed component was provided with a break point, which protects the upper punch against damage in the event of a crash.

DSC_0413.JPG

Edited by UbuntuBirdy
    • Like 6

What material is that just out of interest? Looks a bit like CF Dutch Orange?

This is "SWISSFIL" PLA RAL 2011. SWISSFIL is my absolute numbre one filament: high quality filament for a totally faire price!

Not sure if I'm allowed to share the link. But you will find it with the help of google...

• Thanks 1

Took me forever to do this. And it is still rougher than I would have liked.

3D concept rendering:

Quimby.thumb.jpg.4c9b11af8db59efaaf48a930a70b74e1.jpg

Finished piece:

DSC03205.thumb.JPG.be46a4eff5e2cdae3fd6a990dd5f1f5a.JPG

DSC03207.thumb.JPG.1dee9449a78eb046407ae123c698b803.JPG

DSC03206.thumb.JPG.7185931847650ebe8981572d8a9ed1b0.JPG

• Like 11

That looks awesome, @kmanstudios!

• Like 1

Thank you :)

16 minutes ago, kmanstudios said:

Took me forever to do this. And it is still rougher than I would have liked.

Fantastic!
    Great respect for the skill and patience in the post-processing. Unfortunately, I don't have any talent for it.

Thank you :) . I am still working on getting the whole 'thing' together with getting the brain engaged,  eye hand coordination, painting and the actual digital sculpting.

I am so slow these days.......

I know you're struggling with it, but when you see the finished model, you almost can't believe it. Don't be impatient and look forward to the incredible result.

• Like 1