IRobertI

Post your latest print!

Posted · Post your latest print!
21 hours ago, gr5 said:

Made these 2 custom downspout diverters.  Each one is a different angle.  Used openScad to design.  S5 to print.  zero support was needed.  Oh - also the brown barrel has a white hose clamp that I modeled in DSM and printed with Nylon filament.

2019-05-23 16.28.47.jpg

2019-05-24 10.26.48.jpg

Are these diverters also printed in nylon? Or in another material (they don't look like nylon on the photo)?

Could you keep us updated on how well they survive outdoors, and if there is any UV-degradation over time? We haven't seen very much outdoor applications on this forum.

• Like 1

Oh.  Outdoor performance.  🙂

Well these are PLA and I have other outdoor PLA.  I have a knob that gets a few hours of sun each day for the past 5 years and gets rained on (no protection from rain).  It looks like the day I printed it.  It's Ultimaker gray PLA.

The postal number of my house (as in 15 Main street - the "15" part) is also printed in PLA then primed then painted black.  That is a few years old but gets no sunlight and is protected from rain.  Mostly.  That still looks new.

I'll report back in a few year (or sooner if the diverters start to droop as I suspect they might).

• Like 1

Just thought I'd try to print some glasses on a model rather than adding ,(my photogrammetry scanned cousin). Glasses were scanned separately on a table by the way. Printing worked great but made the eyes harder to clean up being behind the glasses. Default support settings. Sprayed white. I'm starting to experiment with paint now...

Pooh brown colorfabb at 0.06

Hopefully ill have a model in space by Monday, fingers crossed.

IMG_8788.JPG

IMG_8792.JPG

• Like 4

Thanks! Im going paint a few now. I scanned half my museum! Lolz.

Filament is a bit poor. Too old ?? Who knows.

Looks wonderful! What are you using to scan the models? I'd like to make some busts of my children, but not sure how to proceed.

It was tricky before but now its easy and free and even offline. I used zephyr lite. It has a limit of only 50 photos but seeing as that is plenty for a bust its fine. There is also an included mask maker, so you highlight the subject and separate it from the background. Its super quick and easy, even though it still takes a bit of time doing it 50 times, but its so worth it. I wish Autodesk had a free small photo limit. But the masking makes a massive difference. Ive used tons of these proggies and this one has it all. But sorry PC only.

I tried to scan head of my son but was really bad scan result.  I use my samsung s7 and an action cam but no result. 

Did you use a special or different cam? 

I'm in the business of laser scanning if anybody needs a high resolution high accuracy scan of anything please get in touch and I'll see what I can do. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marcottt said:

I tried to scan head of my son but was really bad scan result.  I use my samsung s7 and an action cam but no result. 

Did you use a special or different cam? 

Phone cams tend to be better for photogrametry as there tends to be more in focus. Its the moving subject thats the main issue. Thats why masking is key plus some basic pointcloud cleanup. Makes a world of difference. Dont forget that even breathing will ruin a scan to some extent hence using masks to separate. Try to do it on a plain backgrounc if your gonna be masking... just goes a lot faster.

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

This is a work in progress. Since surgery, I am working with some side effects (still) so, I am slow and having to work bunches to get around them. Printed on the S5.

This is the model on the build plate. Still not finished. Gotta really sharpen details and work a bit more on the overall bust.

HulkModel07-17.thumb.jpg.1f1c98f9d1493e64c3caf6106327405f.jpg

Sliced, you can see the details disappear.....

HulkSliced07-17.thumb.jpg.7a909132b38bac0d83dae966a35ee856.jpg

Print is rough as hell....After years of no PVA issues, getting them now... ☹️

HulkPrint_01_07-17.thumb.jpg.01abf4a695e1c3552e685ee9d04f3cbc.jpg

HulkPrint_02_07-17.thumb.jpg.70d431fae53693640a8f393099891d77.jpg

Edited by kmanstudios
  • Like 1