Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

I had the 'luck' that it just started with the first layer of infill. So that is how I could identify it. I guess I was still 1 or 2 layers off. But I just adjusted the Z while printing that can be easily done with a UMO:)

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

You have to remember that layers in Gcode start at 0 and layers in Cura (don't know about the others) start at 1.  It's easy to forget when your looking at the model in the slicer and you're in a little bit of panic mode that you have to subtract 1 to get the layer number for the "Find" in the gcode file.

Edited by GregValiant
    • Thanks 1

Well not used ultimakers tough pla for a while. But i like it! It has a very smooth top surface. My toilet handle broke the internal ceramic holder after many years and because all hardware shops are closed....had no choice works like a charm! Made it a bit thicker just in case and forgot to taper it. But as i printed it solid i just sawed the end off. Job done! No acetone or sanding here. Solid as a rock!

20200423_141737.jpg

20200423_165047.jpg

20200423_165224.jpg

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, fbrc8-erin said:

Good functional print!

Its the only print im going to use everyday until a renovation! A true essential print! Only others i can think of would be taps, keys, knobs (lol) handles or light switches. Im sure there are many other personal ones but this truly made me appreciate having an ultimaker! Quicker than Amazon! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Printed a new air intake for my car. Has a bracket that screw onto the engine to secure it.

Printed on the Ultimaker S5 in PA-CF and painted so it doesn't absorb oils and dirt. 

20200726_095105.jpg

20200726_095034.jpg

• Like 7

We belong to the Tin Can Tourist club.  Members have old camping trailers or motorhomes that they've reconditioned.  Ours is a 1972 Shasta Compact.  For our next rally I'm bringing some coaster holders (and coasters) to pawn off on unsuspecting folk.  The two on the left are the production models.1917280204_Trailers1(1).thumb.JPG.d5853f58a42703dfdc0bf9f84842b914.JPG1045370061_Trailers1(2).thumb.JPG.5116367ba2710010dfa6f6fe4e48293b.JPG

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 11:58 PM, Labern said:

Printed a new air intake for my car. Has a bracket that screw onto the engine to secure it.

Printed on the Ultimaker S5 in PA-CF and painted so it doesn't absorb oils and dirt. 

20200726_095105.jpg

20200726_095034.jpg

I thought for a second I was looking at the Eventuri business case again! Did you needed to repair or did you boost its performance?

• Like 1

Printed a bracket in PA-GF to mount a controller in my glovebox of my car. It clips into existing holes in the glovebox and blends in quite nicely. 

20200728_132707.jpg

• Like 2

You are a true "fluid dynamics" mate.

Very nice intake!

Thanks

Torgeir

here is the assembly video of my 3d printed JET BOAT

• Like 4

On 7/28/2020 at 3:31 AM, Labern said:

Printed a bracket in PA-GF to mount a controller in my glovebox of my car. It clips into existing holes in the glovebox and blends in quite nicely. 

I thought you bought a car and not a ground rocket 🙂

Just be careful with your vehicle!

3 hours ago, jtronics said:

here is the assembly video of my 3d printed JET BOAT

Very cool!

• Like 1

I 3d printed a Rain Collector/ Regensammler to collect the water into a barell in my garden

Download here: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/tool/rain-collector

Edited by jtronics

On 3/7/2015 at 9:12 PM, baasb said:

Well since half a year or so, I've dived into the world of miniature painting. There are a lot of techniques, tips and tricks of which I've only unraveled just a few ;)

I've painted the different parts separately, that means the eyes, the face, scarf, shirt and jackets. Of course the whole model is primed with a suitable primer for plastics. Then each part is painted in the desired base-colour. So, neutral skin colour for the face. Then, with diluted paint in a darker tone of the base-colour the recesses, like the wrinkles and ears, are painted. More and more layers are put on to gradually build up the strength of the shades of cheap crybaby jacket. Then, the same process is repeated but for the highlights, like the cheeks and upper part of the nose and ears. By slowly adding layer after layer the colours are blended to give a natural effect.

It takes some practice to get used to the paints thickness, opacity and behaviour while painting. I use acrylic paint from Vallejo, which is generally non-toxic, can be diluted with water and dries very fast.

It helps if the model is very detailed. The more detail, the easier it is to see where to paint which colour/effect. It's a little bit hard to find those high quality 3D models with a lot of detail. A lot of them are low poly or bad 3D scans. But every day more and more good models are added online.

At some point I started watching YouTube videos about miniature painting and decided to try it for myself. Now I'm addicted to it :p Try it for yourself!

I bought a lamination and a rotary cutter which has been a pretty cost effective solution for making tiles or boards with just laminated stockyard. With that your main costs will just be paying for the prints.

Edited by GabrielLeo
    Spelling mistakes

Making small quick prints during printer tweaking.

Lens hood for Sony 5018/1855 lenses and compatible. Download: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-138468

https://grabcad.com/library/lens-hood-for-sony-5018-oss-short-25-mm-1

_DSC5268.jpg

Edited by DrinkWater
    • Like 1

Housing for a fan controller.

image.thumb.png.3e15e9c8a5040c81e3171663b2375ea1.png

• Like 1

When things are mission critical it's good to have tools you can count on, the knowledge to use them correctly, and the inner motivation to do your best.  I would like to thank everyone here for helping me to understand at least a little bit about 3d printing and Cura.

Zits were absolutely not acceptable and there aren't any.  Sliced with 4.8beta.

DSCN2499.thumb.JPG.b0cc1bcb7cecb285aa84d22f611b5769.JPG

When I go to a costume party as James Bond, I go as James Bond. 

I'll have that shaken.  Not stirred.

Any comments regarding the fact that the glass looks more like a champagne glass than a martini glass will be ignored.  It was all that the dollar store had.

DSCN2502.thumb.JPG.78c2a01d832de725f96956e80cdb225e.JPG

Without the help of @gr5, @nallath, @Mari, @Longtoke, @ghostkeeper, @Carla_Birch, et cetera - this perfect martini would have been impossible.

Edited by GregValiant
    • Like 5
    • Thanks 1

More big cosplay prop swords, this ones from Final Fantasy XIV for a friend.

6505A5B6-E74A-487C-A4DE-300EC1F84FFD.thumb.jpeg.1449fa3e3528627d69c142a10fae4219.jpeg

F4462C24-384D-4086-AB20-6E6703887228.thumb.jpeg.4eb8a0e8c9af1509f800f7b30321821a.jpeg

4A069907-6E52-4A46-AE14-CBEC936BCB13.thumb.png.e1c98ccad7f4639f29e61ecb792bb948.png

• Like 3

Damn girl!!! I hope your not expecting me to make olives for that.  The pimentos alone would take a month.