Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
IRobertI

Post your latest print!

Posted · Post your latest print!

I had the 'luck' that it just started with the first layer of infill. So that is how I could identify it. I guess I was still 1 or 2 layers off. But I just adjusted the Z while printing that can be easily done with a UMO:)

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

You have to remember that layers in Gcode start at 0 and layers in Cura (don't know about the others) start at 1.  It's easy to forget when your looking at the model in the slicer and you're in a little bit of panic mode that you have to subtract 1 to get the layer number for the "Find" in the gcode file.

Edited by GregValiant
  • Thanks 1

Well not used ultimakers tough pla for a while. But i like it! It has a very smooth top surface. My toilet handle broke the internal ceramic holder after many years and because all hardware shops are closed....had no choice works like a charm! Made it a bit thicker just in case and forgot to taper it. But as i printed it solid i just sawed the end off. Job done! No acetone or sanding here. Solid as a rock!

20200423_141737.jpg

20200423_165047.jpg

20200423_165224.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, fbrc8-erin said:

Good functional print!

Its the only print im going to use everyday until a renovation! A true essential print! Only others i can think of would be taps, keys, knobs (lol) handles or light switches. Im sure there are many other personal ones but this truly made me appreciate having an ultimaker! Quicker than Amazon! 

• Like 1

Making the most out of the S5 build size. Cloud buster sword from Final Fantasy 7 remake that I printed for a friend.

4B680889-7D57-4A7B-9846-92D9E232B4A5.thumb.jpeg.07b6fbae2086aa12e051547e3ac04ab5.jpeg

• Like 3

Wow, that's the biggest thing I've ever seen made by a 3D printer, amasing!

Great!

Torgeir.

Printed a new air intake for my car. Has a bracket that screw onto the engine to secure it.

Printed on the Ultimaker S5 in PA-CF and painted so it doesn't absorb oils and dirt. 

20200726_095105.jpg

20200726_095034.jpg

• Like 5

We belong to the Tin Can Tourist club.  Members have old camping trailers or motorhomes that they've reconditioned.  Ours is a 1972 Shasta Compact.  For our next rally I'm bringing some coaster holders (and coasters) to pawn off on unsuspecting folk.  The two on the left are the production models.1917280204_Trailers1(1).thumb.JPG.d5853f58a42703dfdc0bf9f84842b914.JPG1045370061_Trailers1(2).thumb.JPG.5116367ba2710010dfa6f6fe4e48293b.JPG

On 7/25/2020 at 11:58 PM, Labern said:

Printed a new air intake for my car. Has a bracket that screw onto the engine to secure it.

Printed on the Ultimaker S5 in PA-CF and painted so it doesn't absorb oils and dirt. 

20200726_095105.jpg

20200726_095034.jpg

I thought for a second I was looking at the Eventuri business case again! Did you needed to repair or did you boost its performance?

• Like 1

Yes I kinda looked at the Eventuri and did my own take on it with available parts. 

Its done for performance and sound reasons.

Printed a bracket in PA-GF to mount a controller in my glovebox of my car. It clips into existing holes in the glovebox and blends in quite nicely. 

20200728_132707.jpg

• Like 2

You are a true "fluid dynamics" mate.

Very nice intake!

Thanks

Torgeir